Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Action Comics, #52 Preview

"The Final Days of Superman" continues as two Supermen meet at last: pre-New 52 Superman meets the current Kal-El. But solar Superman wants to be the only Man of Steel left standing. And divided they may fall as one Clark Kent must choose the safety of his family before either version of himself.

Full article here.

I find it troubling and telling that Superman doesn't seem to be making much effort into actually healing from his ailment. I get that he's reluctant to try anything as radical as the Lazarus Pits, but still. For him to not even try just seems like he's giving up. It feels so forced, which it probably is to some degree since DC clearly wants a different Superman in place. I just think they're going about it for all the wrong reasons.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This very serious..

I did not like the idea of seeing the chapter by superdad .. and now I see Superman so weak ... and I think it's better I forget the chapter..

Yes, I know that in the next chapters Superman will not be no better... But I want to see Superman the prior saga to his fall ..

Amazing Member

Can someone please explain to me what's happening with Superman? How did he get sick? Why are there two of him? And what happened to Superboy? Does Connor Kent exist in the Nu52? If so is he the clone of Clark Kent or John Lane Kent? And the new little Superboy is John Lane Kent? Where did he come from? So many questions.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Aw man. It looks like Eaton is doing that old panel zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I find it troubling and telling that Superman doesn't seem to be making much effort into actually healing from his ailment. I get that he's reluctant to try anything as radical as the Lazarus Pits, but still. For him to not even try just seems like he's giving up. It feels so forced, which it probably is to some degree since DC clearly wants a different Superman in place. I just think they're going about it for all the wrong reasons.
    I think what you may be missing is the point they're making about the character and the situation. It opens up with him knowing that he will certainly die. This is out of the way so they can tell the story about how THAT is handled. Which is the point of several characters mentioning treatment every issue. What does a proactive Superman do when he know he's going to die?

What it sounds like people expect is the stages of death tropes, but that's not this story. Yes it serves an agenda but it's still something thought out and professionally crafted.

Fantastic Member

Might pick it up...but only for the meeting of the pre 52 Superman and the current Superman. Honestly...this first meeting should have happened in Convergence. DC dropped the ball so many times there. Oh well.....too late to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstellar View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what's happening with Superman? How did he get sick? Why are there two of him? And what happened to Superboy? Does Connor Kent exist in the Nu52? If so is he the clone of Clark Kent or John Lane Kent? And the new little Superboy is John Lane Kent? Where did he come from? So many questions.
    Here Superboy (Kon-el) was created by a villain called Harvest and come of the future(nothing of luthor..).. He was a clone of the Superman son of this world, John(this olds versions no exist in this moment)... Which Harvest kidnapping when he was small. After a season Superboy was in Teen Titans, finally the same villain took him ..

Superman's disease has been created because of certain things that have happened the last 3 sagas..

There are 2 superman because complaints from old fans were able to return the superman of previous universe(and a has a son called also John.. new superboy).. Now the old superdad will replace Superman for his future death.. It is unknown whether temporarily or forever. One of this 3 sagas, was terrible..

That's all .. If you like change, do not need to answer me, I'm not interested.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Nice preview. Shouldn't the thread say Action Comics, #52 Preview?
    I still say the New-52 Eradicator gonna leech all that K-energy + the usual energies outta him at a certain period after Reign:Redux is in play. Perhaps after SuperDad's and SuperJon's encounter with Eradicator. You know what happens after, D&R Redux/Rehash and all.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 05-09-2016 at 07:17 AM.

BANNED

Does anybody think geoff had all this solar flare energies transferred and superman death when he created the power?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Does anybody think geoff had all this solar flare energies transferred and superman death when he created the power?
    I'm pretty sure this wasn't his idea.

More fan service, Tomasi can't stop digging the hole right? this is becoming laughable, but it is really bad what he is doing with wonder woman, she being needy and selfsh. awful, really awful

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Nah, I don't think they had thought that far ahead, yet. But honestly, it's a pretty good idea once they decided to go this direction - the solar flare, which he didn't understand and was new, drained him and transferred those powers outward

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Here Superboy (Kon-el) was created by a villain called Harvest and come of the future(nothing of luthor..).. He was a clone of the Superman son of this world, John(this olds versions no exist in this moment)... Which Harvest kidnapping when he was small. After a season Superboy was in Teen Titans, finally the same villain took him ..

Superman's disease has been created because of certain things that have happened the last 3 sagas..

There are 2 superman because complaints from old fans were able to return the superman of previous universe(and a has a son called also John.. new superboy).. Now the old superdad will replace Superman for his future death.. It is unknown whether temporarily or forever. One of this 3 sagas, was terrible..

That's all .. If you like change, do not need to answer me, I'm not interested.
    Not sure I understand, but thanks for trying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstellar View Post
    there is two supermen, because one of them is pre new 52 superman that survived cnvergence and is on earth-0 along new 52 superman.

conner kent exists on new 52, he is a clone of john lane kent. new superboy is son prf prenew52 superman and lois, his name is jonathan samuel kent

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Wait...am I reading this preview right?

Nuperman tells Wonder Woman that he needs to say "goodbye" in person...and a few pages later he says "let's go find my double".

Now, I know WW, Supes and Bats have been searching for Solar Flare Man...but this seems like something else...

Does this mean Nuperman and Superdad have already met off panel, I.E., somewhere in the missing 5 years between the first arc of ACTION and SUPERMAN #1?

I mean, it looks like Nuperman at least knows his doppleganger exists and that's where they are going, but if they've never met, I don't see why Nuperman feels like he has to say goodbye.

If they have met, that may explain some things. Like why Superdad didn't step in during FOREVER EVIL, DOOMED and the events of TRUTH. Perhaps Nuperman has been covertly watching out for Superdad and his family off panel in the last 5 years or so. and maybe Nuperman told Superdad not to get involved all this time. Some sort of an agreement to keep Superdad safe. Maybe as it was in the silver age with Kara, Superdad was Nuperman's secret weapon or "Plan B" to handle things he didn't have the time to take care himself or couldn't take on publicly, and thus Superdad stayed out of the really big stuff just in case Nuperman failed or fell or got corrupted etc, and now that he's dying Nuperman feels it's time to bring his "Plan B" out of the shadows and pass on the mantle.

It also may explain why he's not wasting time trying to avert his death. He knows there will still be a Superman without him around.

I know, it's a very weak explanation to "fix" some really poor planning on the part of editorial and how they've handled Superdad and the Lois & Clark book and the glaring continuity and characterization problems inherent in the set up they went for,but I could buy something like that to be the in story explanation for getting themselves out of the narrative corner editorial and Jurgens painted Superdad into with the whole "living among us for 9 years in secret but standing by while the world nearly ended several times over" concept. "See? It's all ok because 52 Superman told him to stay out of the big stuff just in case he needed him to take over someday! He wasn't abandoning Earth for his family! No, he was just doing what Nuperman wished! "

In fact given the limited time we have until the status quo change, I think this is the way they (very poorly) explain all of this.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

I really doubt they'll explain away Superdad's "no interference" policy in n52's Earth Prime. But that's an interesting theory, nonetheless.

Well, at least we're getting some more SMWW moments. I really am starting to hate that Superman double. Nopt to mention the whole rebirth thing.