Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Sharon Stone Reveals She Has a 'Wee Part' in an Upcoming Marvel Movie

The "Basic Instinct" star announced that she will appear in an upcoming Marvel film, but didn't specify which one.

Full article here.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Maybe she's Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man Homecoming

Amazing Member

The "wee" remark just screams Janet Van Dyne.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    For the love of god, Hank, look under the bed for an ice pick.

BANNED

I think it's likely a reference to the Ant-Man/Wasp movie, but I doubt she's playing Jan. Didn't Pym suggest that time functions differently in the quantum realm, implying that if someone was trapped there, they wouldn't age (similar to the Phantom Zone in Superman)? If so, then Stone would seem to be too old to play Jan at the age she was when she vanished.

Niffleheim

Paul Rudd recreating a Basic Instinct scene, this is meant to be lol
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Well, if Glenn Close can play a role, then SHaron Stone can as well. Kudos.

"Wee part"? Isn't that what she showed in Basic Instinct?

BANNED

My thoughts exactly. Its a play on words.

It'd be interesting, if a little weird, seeing Janet as a blonde...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

X-actly! And she did work with Douglas on BASIC INSTINCT for those of us old enough to remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think it's likely a reference to the Ant-Man/Wasp movie, but I doubt she's playing Jan. Didn't Pym suggest that time functions differently in the quantum realm, implying that if someone was trapped there, they wouldn't age (similar to the Phantom Zone in Superman)? If so, then Stone would seem to be too old to play Jan at the age she was when she vanished.
    You're probably overthinking it here imho.

Y'know, if she is playing Jan, I was thinking that feels a little early to be casting for Ant-Man & The Wasp, until I realized that Dr. Strange might actually make sense as a place for Jan to show up, maybe post-credits. I remember Feige saying during the Ant-Man press tour that the Quantum Realm stuff in Ant-Man was a taste of something that would be explored further in Dr. Strange - maybe that could work both ways? It'd be pretty cool if that led to a Falcon-size cameo for Cumberbatch in AM&TW, or maybe a glimpse of Evangeline Lilly's Wasp in a Dr. Strange stinger (pun intended!)

That said, I'm not sure how likely it is that she actually chose her words to carefully add a sly hint to the role; she may have just said 'wee' because it's not a big part. Would be cool to get a Basic Instinct reunion in the MCU though. OK TWO MORE THINGS BECAUSE I CAN'T STOP WITH THE WASP THOUGHTS: I suspect they'd employ a wig/dye before having a blonde Jan, and I think they left the door open for Jan's aging to have been suspended and for her to still be young, but I actually kind of doubt that they knew for sure which way they'd go at that point. If they come up with an interesting story that features a Jan who's closer to Michael Douglas' age, they'll do that.

BANNED

Hope it's Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Y'know, if she is playing Jan, I was thinking that feels a little early to be casting for Ant-Man & The Wasp, until I realized that Dr. Strange might actually make sense as a place for Jan to show up, maybe post-credits. I remember Feige saying during the Ant-Man press tour that the Quantum Realm stuff in Ant-Man was a taste of something that would be explored further in Dr. Strange - maybe that could work both ways? It'd be pretty cool if that led to a Falcon-size cameo for Cumberbatch in AM&TW, or maybe a glimpse of Evangeline Lilly's Wasp in a Dr. Strange stinger (pun intended!)

That said, I'm not sure how likely it is that she actually chose her words to carefully add a sly hint to the role; she may have just said 'wee' because it's not a big part. Would be cool to get a Basic Instinct reunion in the MCU though. OK TWO MORE THINGS BECAUSE I CAN'T STOP WITH THE WASP THOUGHTS: I suspect they'd employ a wig/dye before having a blonde Jan, and I think they left the door open for Jan's aging to have been suspended and for her to still be young, but I actually kind of doubt that they knew for sure which way they'd go at that point. If they come up with an interesting story that features a Jan who's closer to Michael Douglas' age, they'll do that.
    I guess it may look kinda creepy for Hank to be with a woman who looks the same age as his daughter? I prefered her to be young though.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I think she probably has a role in guardians of the galaxy 2 or Spiderman. I don't think she will be in ant-man & the wasp as they are still working on the script and the movie isn't shooting until next year.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 05-08-2016 at 11:45 AM.