Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
The big problem is she doesn't really bring much. She's basically Female Loki. She's a magic-user trying to accrue power through manipulation and deception. The big difference is that she also has guys hanging off her. Yippee.

She can bring plenty to the comics. She would bring very little the movies. There's just no point in using her, especially since she doesn't really have any iconic stories. She had a cool character arc in Simonson's Thor, but that was a long game. There's no iconic Enchantress story.

Meanwhile, Malekith did have an iconic Thor story. Which is why it sucks that it was adapted so poorly, but still. Malekith is totally logical villain to use.

This.

I've never been impressed with Amora as a character. Add in the fact that her major motivation was seduction of Thor... and she can be a REALLY offensive female stereotype that REALLY doesn't add anything that Loki doesn't already bring.... and wonderfully acted by Hiddleson. To replace one with the other... I think we'd lose a lot there. She made the cut in the original Secret Wars... but she was a weak link there too.

Now, Skurge... I'd LOVE to see him throw down a bit... but enchantress? Meh. For such a limited run time... Thor needs more villains he can hit.

Have we even seen Baldur yet in the franchise??