Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The Amora character's DESIRE for the Thor character is NOT to be a motivation in the MCU. Instead, the motivation is to be to dethrone the Tessa Thompson mcu VALKYRIE appointed ruler of the MCU Asgard. The MCU Amora acts out of a sincere belief that she herself is the only Asgardian woman suitable to lead the Asgardian people to greatness once more.
    Not an unreasonable change

BANNED

The Amora character is an Asgardian who despite her evil deeds genuinely cares about her people..

..as the Amora character herself states:
    " I am no Almsgiver..
    STILL, I am an Asgardian!
    I have a duty to my kind,
    to All-Father Odin and indeed,
    TO LIFE ITSELF!"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As bad as they treated the Excutioner I am kind of glad they have not used the Enchantress. They turned that awesome character into a damned joke. Skurge is one of the greatest warriors in all Asgard and they clowned him bad. Even that end scene where he steps up is not enough to counter how bad they clowned him for cheap laughs. I have a feeling under Waititi that Amora would be treated just as bad and made into a joke.

Astonishing Member

I'm not really a fan a MCU version of Asgard and Thor. It's a complete derivation of the comics version. Some people love Thor:Ranarok -- I thought it was a jokefest. So if Enchantress never finds her way into this mess -- so much the better.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm not really a fan a MCU version of Asgard and Thor. It's a complete derivation of the comics version. Some people love Thor:Ranarok -- I thought it was a jokefest. So if Enchantress never finds her way into this mess -- so much the better.
    I tend to agree with this sentiment. I enjoyed Ragnarok - then thought about it and realized how many tragic things happened that had no weight at all. Thor and his people lose everything - Odin, Asgard itself, Thor loses his eye and his hammer, his entire life is a tragedy -yet none of that registers because of all the jokes.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps the whole Thor adventure movie should've been the second one and the dour apocalyptic movie should've been the third

BANNED

A relief to me that under Waititi the MCU Amora is not treated just as bad and made into a joke.

with the "love & thunder" title to the new movie, it would have made an opportunity for Amora to show up, including as a villain for Thor and Jane.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    with the "love & thunder" title to the new movie, it would have made an opportunity for Amora to show up, including as a villain for Thor and Jane.
    Others have pointed out here the MCU may not do the whole "she wants him to love her" storyline. Of course, she could still appear, but with a modified storyline

She could always appear independent of Thor. Why not launch her as an antagonist for the Scarlet Witch instead? She could be after the Darkhold.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    She could always appear independent of Thor. Why not launch her as an antagonist for the Scarlet Witch instead? She could be after the Darkhold.
    Yeah, if Ultron has no connection to Ant-Man, but Ghost does, and Mandarin fights Shang-Chi, Enchantress could fight Scarlet Witch. Idk where.

Easy explanation: Marvel Studios never had a concrete plan for "greater Asgard" beyond Thor and Loki generally speaking. Hence why much of the mainstay supporting cast in the Thor mythos was killed off. I'm thinking the Eternals are going to be introduced to fill the "Mystical/Sci-Fi Super-powered Aliens" corner of the MCU from here on out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Easy explanation: Marvel Studios never had a concrete plan for "greater Asgard" beyond Thor and Loki generally speaking. Hence why much of the mainstay supporting cast in the Thor mythos was killed off. I'm thinking the Eternals are going to be introduced to fill the "Mystical/Sci-Fi Super-powered Aliens" corner of the MCU from here on out.
    That's too bad, considering Thor's mythos is way more important to the MU than the Eternals'. At least they could've tried something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I agree. I've got no desire to see Amora (or Karnilla or Baldar or Jormungandr) in this funny blown-up version of Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's really not rocket science. They wanted to use other villains. There's no conspiracy.
    Of course it's not/no longer canon, but her sister Lorelei appeared in Agents of Shield, though I can't remember that they name ref'ed Amora or anything like that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all