Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Captain America: Civil War": 14 Burning Questions

With the hotly anticipated "Captain America: Civil War" now in theaters, we consider the biggest questions raised by the Marvel Studios sequel..

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

Good point about Widow, perhaps a solo?

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Or even a Sharon Carter solo. But a smaller more focused film would be nice.

1. Rhodey could definitely continue to play War Machine, depending on whether Cheadle is interested in continuing to play the character. I seem to recall in the comics at one point Rhodey was more like Cyborg, with amputations etc that made him more dependent on the armor. I'm sure Tony can develop a suit that will overcome any physical disabilities Rhodey has after Civil War.

2. I thought Scarlet Witch used her mind powers (which were admittedly not on display much during Civil War - she mostly relied on TK) to take over Vision and cause him to involuntarily increase his density. Not sure if she was only able to do this because of the mind gem as she did seem to be able to get into people's heads during Age of Ultron, including Ultron (another A.I. like Vision)

3. I'm not sure Winter Soldier will be a critical figure or even show up in BP. I suppose he could be part of the plot of the BP movie but I kind of hope not, I'd prefer they save Bucky for Cap 4 if that ever happens.

4. I'd be shocked if Everett Ross didn't show up in the BP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post

2. I thought Scarlet Witch used her mind powers (which were admittedly not on display much during Civil War - she mostly relied on TK) to take over Vision and cause him to involuntarily increase his density. Not sure if she was only able to do this because of the mind gem as she did seem to be able to get into people's heads during Age of Ultron, including Ultron (another A.I. like Vision)
    She coudln't get into Ultron's head. She coudln't do it unti he started uploading his brain into vision.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Very nice follow-through on the Peggy Carter/Sharon Carter roles as well. Peggy always spurred Steve on to being his best self in the first Cap movie and Sharon reinforced that with her speech at Peggy's funeral. Her reference to Peggy always telling her to "stand her ground" seemed to be the galvanizing moment for Steve's decision not to sign the Sokovian Accord. Very cool way to pass the torch between the characters.

Amazing Member

10characters

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Or even a Sharon Carter solo. But a smaller more focused film would be nice.
    I would go see that

Mighty Member

I'd like to know how Tony found out that Peter is Spiderman. Maybe in Spideman's movie we'll find out. I think Tony is going to be in it.

I don't think I was ever sure on this, on a semi-related note, did Aaron Tayler Johnson sign a multi picture deal?

I think it's pretty easy that Cap's team is from Avengers #16 with Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch, with Falcon subbing for the deceased Quicksilver ( Which was when I started reading the comic).

I thought Marissa Tormei was too young to play Aunt May, then I thought, hell, she's my age (51)...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post

That scene has stood out in my memory since before I saw it discussed here or anywhere, and to me it seemed like she was affecting the Mind Stone. Unless I'm mistaken, you see her red energy CGI go the Mind Stone just before his density starts increasing.

Related: awesome to know that's how Meagan Damore and apparently others here perceived that scene! It's deeply comicbooky and convoluted, and Vision's powers were never verbalized, just shown visually, so it's cool how well it was conveyed in the movie. (Though I am curious how it played to people who aren't as versed in the characters/lore.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I don't think I was ever sure on this, on a semi-related note, did Aaron Tayler Johnson sign a multi picture deal?
    I believe he did as a formality/contingency, but it's Marvel's prerogative to exercise those other options or not, not an obligation to use him X number of times. I'm guessing that at this point Johnson and Marvel are probably on the same page, being that he's not coming back, but if they ever need him for a flashback or something I'm sure they'll work something out. Or, who knows, maybe he'll get a big resurrection from the Infinity Stones, it just seems like they have enough characters to juggle for the foreseeable future and he was probably always designed as a one-and-done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'd like to know how Tony found out that Peter is Spiderman. Maybe in Spideman's movie we'll find out. I think Tony is going to be in it.
    Drones, trackers, any other dozens of surveillance techniques at Tony's disposal, plus a working knowledge that sometimes seemingly ordinary people can do extraordinary things (removes the bias "That nerdy Parker can't be Spider-Man" that a bully at Peter's school might have).

Apparently a 6-month old Spidey doesn't know how to be careful.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Are we done with Cap solo movies? I'd like some more, not just Avengers team flicks. Had fingers crossed for more Crossbones... I really wanted a Crossbones and Sin (not yet introduced) team-up. At least I can hope for more Zemo, perhaps even a Thunderbolts movie?

The Cap/Peggy/Sharon triangle is strange on a Jaime/Cersei Lannister level.