Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Between this and Danny Pudi's cameo in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," the Russos are 2-for-2 for "Community" cameos in their Marvel Studios films
    Also, one of Bucky's trigger words was Daybreak...

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The Cap/Peggy/Sharon triangle is strange on a Jaime/Cersei Lannister level.
    Heh, not even close. Steve isn't related to either of them.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The Cap/Peggy/Sharon triangle is strange on a Jaime/Cersei Lannister level.
    There is no triangle. Steve and Peggy were never actually a couple back in the 40s, once Steve was thawed out Peggy was 60+ years older than him, and nothing happened between Steve and Sharon until after Peggy was dead.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Why didn't we get a question about what Stark will do? Steve said that the title of Avengers now belonged to Stark.

Doesn't that mean that we could see Stark form a New Avengers team? Like him, Vision, War Machine, Captain Marvel, and maybe one, or two, new characters (like a She-Hulk)? Maybe he brings back the Iron Legion? Maybe he forms the Thunderbolts? Maybe he is made the head of a newly reinstated Shield?

Those are more interesting questions, because he just realized that he was never really part of the team: they merely tolerated him. Other than Vision and Rhodes, for obvious reasons, he was quickly betrayed by everyone else, or they simply wouldn't listen to his side because they don't like him. Now he needs to try and create a new team, and he's going to be the leader....but does he know how to be one? Can he get people, besides Rhodes, and a starstruck Peter Parker, to stand by him?

I'd like to see these questions answered in an IM4 movie.

I wonder if we might see some amalgamation of all the various forms of the Thunderbolts, with a combination of a Suicide Squad-style team involving convicts from the Raft, headed up in the field by Special Forces Colonel Zemo (as a sort of anti-Captain America at the head of such an anti-Avengers), under the leadership of Secretary "Thunderbolt" Ross –*perhaps as part of the plots involved in the two-part Infinity War.

In terms of War Machine, as others have noted, I think that this is a hint toward the period wherein Rhodey was heavily injured and made into a cyborg. While I don't see them going as far as they did in the books, I could see them combining bits of that with when Tony himself was shot and was a paraplegic outside the armor (but had servos and feedback elements inside the suit to allow him to move and feel as normal while wearing it). It would be an interesting plotline to examine how Rhodey (who always seemed to enjoy being the weapon more than Tony) comes to rely on the armor in a different way and to examine how blurred the line between War Machine and War Man might become.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I think it'd be awesome if Iron Man 4 deal with the Accords moving forward. That means the reinstatement of Shield, the Iron Legion (with a twist), and Stark forming a New Avengers.

- Stark and Ross are given command of a new Shield.

- Stark brings back the Iron Legion, but it's a legion of War Machines. Stark doesn't want Rhodes (able to walk, but dependent on the exoskeleton on his legs) in the field, anymore, but Rhodes wants to help support Stark, so Stark makes it that Rhodes can link up to any one of the units in the legion, and control it from anywhere in the world, and if one is destroyed, then he can switch to another. Legion central control would be in Shield HQ, but only him, and Stark can control the legion.

- Stark could be dating a big shot lawyer named Jennifer Walters. She's into him, but is focusing on her career, and thus doesn't need for Stark to settle down, like Pepper wants him to. He also knows she's Banner's cousin. Later, during a date, Stark could be ambused, without his armor, and she could reveal herself to already be She-Hulk. When Stark is slack jawed, and wondering what's going on, she can quickly tell about a past blood transfusion with her cousin gone weird.

- Stark could assemble a New Avengers, consisting of himself, Captain Marvel, Vision, She-Hulk, and Rhodes' Iron Legion. Think a U.N. sanctioned Authority.

- The enemy of the movie could be A.I.M.

In think this could be a great follow up to Civil War, following everyone else going into hiding, and set up an impressive first response to Thanos' coming invasion.

Amazing Member

So blue goo in Stark's car.. just to give the Winter soldier some background?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'd like to know how Tony found out that Peter is Spiderman. Maybe in Spideman's movie we'll find out. I think Tony is going to be in it.
    Aloha,
    Stark is known throughout the MCU world as a genius and billionaire. Stark is keeping tabs on every report of an enhanced human being.He let Peter know that he was impressed with the make up of his webbing.He knows the molecular make up of Peters webbing so that means he got a sample after Spider-Man was reported at the scene of a crime. So that says that Stark has been following Spider -Man for the some time within the months that Peter has been Spider-Man (in Civil War movie). Probably by drones or other devices that can follow various targets around.
    Spidey rules

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    Also, one of Bucky's trigger words was Daybreak...

Aloha,
    Another Bucky trigger word was Homecoming which will be the title of the MCU Spider-Man movies. Those sneaky Marvel buggers.
    Spidey rules

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Worth noting, Ironman later asks Vision if it was even possible to miss with the Mind Stone and he says that was the first time it ever happened. Could be that Scarlet Witch forced him to miss and hit Rhodey in the process...or something more sinister is going on considering Infinity War is coming.

As for Everrett Ross, I get the feeling that he will replace Osborn as the leader of H.A.M.M.E.R. He now has Zemo captive and any of the previous villains could easily be in there too (Crossbones, Yellowjacket, Batroc, Zola) along with new ones.

Hmmm, it's been a while since Red Skull made an appearance...

All-New Member

I guess Marissa Tomei is old enough to play Aunt May, but, man, she is -way- too hot to be Aunt May! Although that could make possible a funny storyline in the Spider-Man movie... Since Robert Downey Jr. is supposed to be in it and Tony Stark is on the splits with Pepper, maybe he'll date Aunt May! That would hilarious.

I'd love to see a Thunderbolts movie too, just with a more "original team" flavor. That would be hard to explain without introducing the Masters of Evil first. Let's face it; Goliath/Atlas, Moonstone/Meteorite, and the Fixer/Techno are very powerful characters. The audience would want to know how such powerhouses went unknown in the MCU up til this point.

Without this introduction, the whole "Bad guys trying to go straight (or are they?)" angle is lost. I hope they introduce at least some of them as villains first, so that a thawed out and Wakanda repaired Winter Soldier can lead them as a vigilante wild card team. Tying the movie in with the current comic book run. That would be my ideal on-screen Thunderbolts

Fnourry

15th: Did Zemo retrieve the super-serum before (or after) he killed the 5 soviet super-soldiers? Or will someone get it from their corpses?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I believe he did as a formality/contingency, but it's Marvel's prerogative to exercise those other options or not, not an obligation to use him X number of times. I'm guessing that at this point Johnson and Marvel are probably on the same page, being that he's not coming back, but if they ever need him for a flashback or something I'm sure they'll work something out. Or, who knows, maybe he'll get a big resurrection from the Infinity Stones, it just seems like they have enough characters to juggle for the foreseeable future and he was probably always designed as a one-and-done.
    Ahh, I see. That's a shame. I'm not a guy that is big on the resurrection plots, but I'd be ok with it this time around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BertoFlyingFox View Post
    Worth noting, Ironman later asks Vision if it was even possible to miss with the Mind Stone and he says that was the first time it ever happened. Could be that Scarlet Witch forced him to miss and hit Rhodey in the process...or something more sinister is going on considering Infinity War is coming.
    Well, that's not quite what was said. Tony simply asked the Vision "What happened?" Vision replied "I was distracted." Tony responded, "I didn't think that was possible." Vision: "Neither did i."

There were no hints of anything "sinister" going on. It was just an indication of the Vision's feelings for the Scarlet Witch impeding his focus, something that he wasn't prepared for. His concern for Wanda threw him off his game, basically.