Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

It's time for WW and Batman to take a Goddamn hike. I do t want them I the Super books anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    My theory is that New 52 Lois Lane is going to be working with the military as Superwoman, while Post-Crisis Lois Lane covers for her at the Daily Planet.
    A little too similar to Supergirl's set up, no? I also doubt that Superwoman will work with the military will the relationship with her father and the description of her book.

Imbued with the powers of Superman, Lois Lane pledges to use her powers to protect Metropolis as the new Superwoman. The only problem is, Lois’ new powers are killing her, and neither she nor her friend and confidant Lana Lang know what to do about it. Will Lois even survive long enough to find out the deadly secret of ULTRA-WOMAN?
    No military mentioned in the book's pitch but what was mentioned was that Lana helps her out and she uses her power to protect metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    It's time for WW and Batman to take a Goddamn hike. I do t want them I the Super books anymore.
    IDK... it makes Superman seem more like the center of the DCU and I like that. For pure Superman stories they're always the SUPERMAN book. Still I don't think the Trinity will feature that heavily
    Last edited by vasir12; 05-12-2016 at 06:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    A little too similar to Supergirl's set up, no? I also doubt that Superwoman will work with the military will the relationship with her father and the description of her book.

No military mentioned in the book's pitch but what was mentioned was that Lana helps her out and she uses her power to protect metropolis.
    it is just the first issue solicit, but the cover Lois Lane is flying with military airplanes, so it might be true even if makes zero sense for lois.

IDK... it makes Superman seem more like the center of the DCU and I like that. For pure Superman stories they're always the SUPERMAN book. Still I don't think the Trinity will feature that heavily
    if there is two team books, i see zero reason for WW or Batman be on action comics. specially when superman supporting cast need to solidify and develop

Incredible Member

I remember after the Action Comics Annual and when Truth stared, there was a theory around here that New52 Superman was going to be replaced with Bronze Age Superman and that they would reveal in the end that the guy in Truth was actually Bronze Age Superman, and then in the end someone would find THE REAL Clark Kent somewhere in a hospital in Canada or such, suffering from a coma or awoken or something like that, after being stabbed with a knife.

In fact I'm still curious about that cliffhanger. Pak never addressed it at all.

I mean she's going to pretend to be New 52 Lois Lane.

It's already been established that she can pass for New 52 Lois in both Lois & Clark, and Action Comics #52.
    That's gonna be weird, isn't she like 35-40 and New52 Lois, late twenties-ish?
    The idea is funny, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    No pre-52's action probibly contributed to nu52 not being ready for bigger threats down the line. Pe52 once even said the reason he's so good at fighting villians is cause he always fight villians multiple times. He basically stole nu52's exp preventing him from leveling. Maybe the reason nuSupes isn't with Lois is cause that Achievement have already dinged by Pre52 already being with her like using mods or cheats locks achievements. Pre52 very presence may have changed the way things were supposed to go like the butterfly effect. Nature hates being fucked with.
    Ah, the old killstealer menace. This is why we need shared XP. And the loot. Delicious loot.
    Superdad: Ninjalooter.

I say Nuperman should just explore the gameworld and find the "tseb hte si annataZ" achievement. Wonder Woman? BORING!
    Last edited by Slaughter; 05-12-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Plus, if she has some of Superman's spirit thing the way Solar Superman does and that's what imbues her with her powers, she could have some of Superman's memories and attitudes, and Superman and General Lane really don't get along. Plus, General Lane doesn't seem to approve of superheroes. And, generally speaking, comic books like to steer clear of turning their heroes into outright cogs in the military-industrial complex.

I probably won't read that book anyway, but if she's working directly for the military on an on-going basis, it probably becomes a definite pass. Part of the appeal of superheroes is they are kind of outside a set structure. Superman soars through the air and could go anywhere or do anything- even fly to a different planet, I assume Superwoman would be going for something similar.

And, yes, I do dislike Marvel's SHIELD, and it's integration into the Avengers and what not. The Marvel books I read are outside of that structure. Maybe that type of structure would be good in real life (or maybe it wouldn't), but it's definitively not fun for me to read about in fiction.

I'm not anti-military, it's just that I like these superheroes to be doing their own thing, or collaborating with other superheroes as equals. Just a question of what I like in my fiction, no political views stated or implied.

Lana helps her out and she uses her power to protect metropolis.
    She's an electrical engineer, you know.

For pure Superman stories they're always the SUPERMAN book.
    Which ironically is mostly about Jon White (At least in the solicitations for the first few issues).

Still I don't think the Trinity will feature that heavily
    Still not sure what I'm doing post-Rebirth, but I find Batman and Wonder Woman work well with Superman. I'd much rather see than than SuperJon, personally. However, it shouldn't be buddy-buddy. Batman should be suspicious and paranoid about the new Superman, because that's Batman's personality, and missing his friend, and Wonder Woman should be consumed with grief and a little jealous and upset that this other Superman is married to Lois, and so on and so forth. As a new52 Superman fan, it's very important to me that he not just be forgotten in those stories. Of course, as a new52 Superman fan, I may not read them anyway. We'll see.

At least in terms of appealing to me, DC Comics has really screwed up here with the killing off my favorite character and replacing him with a different character and his boy-wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it is just the first issue solicit, but the cover Lois Lane is flying with military airplanes, so it might be true even if makes zero sense for lois.
    Always thought that was just creative expression. Or maybe those jets are trying to shoot her down, idk, her working for the military is just too out of character in a movement to get back to the hearts of everyone. I don't think they'd drop the ball that hard. And again, with Supergirl working with the DEO, the set up would be redundant story-wise

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab
    I probably won't read that book anyway
    Don't like Lois as a superhero or just out of principle to the whole direction?

If its New 52 Lois I have a hard time seeing her working closely with the military on a regular basis. Occasionally, perhaps, but not in the sense that Kara directily works for a military installation. To me she would be the most like New 52 Superman; fly solo, be more interesting in right from a moral perspective as opposed a government perspective, which don't always mesh, and not be afraid to stand against authority when those conflicts do occur.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-12-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If there's one good thing that could come from this with having Jurgens around again, it would be hopefully a re-creation of the post-Crisis Metropolis supporting cast. That I still love and always will. Whether that's Maggie or not in the preview, I would anticipate him trying to bring some familiar faces back on that front.
    But will Jurgens make them be carbon copies of there previous identities or there own persons. It's like Wells tells Barry in the Earth 2 episode, yeah they look like the people you know but they are not them.

Don't like Lois as a superhero or just out of principle to the whole direction?
    Combination of the two. Although, you never know. I mean, I'm open to them finding the right balance. I think there is a way they could do this comic that it might appeal to me, it's just kind of an uphill battle.

On the plus side, she's native to this universe and doesn't have a superkid. Plus, she presumably still works for the Daily Planet. But I don't know. It might help a lot if she was sort of the Clark Kent and the Clark Kent was sort of the Lois Lane, you know, like the traditional Superman story with the two characters reversed, and if she had the new52 Superman's memories and stuff. She could explore a relationship with Wonder Woman... I just don't think that's how they'll play it. If they post a preview on one of those websites and someone posts a link like the one on the first page of this thread for Action Comics, I'll probably check out the preview pages.

If it's just straightforward "Lois Lane- superhero", I don't know, though.

I'm curious about what really sets this character apart. Is it just Superman, except Superman is Superwoman, and Lois Lane is the regular identity instead of Clark Kent? I mean, who is she as a superhero at the center of her own comic? I really have no idea. I mean, I feel like I've been reading or seeing Lois Lane forever, but this context is so different that they'd have to draw me a picture to some degree to really know if it'd appeal.

Is she fighting the old Superman rogues gallery for Truth, Justice, and the American Way? Or does she have her own reasons for fighting? Will it be one of those comics where women only fight women villans for some reason? Like, a ton is up in the air about the premise. I get that she's Lois Lane and she can fly now and will presumably have a secret identity, but I am not sure what else. Are Jimmy and Perry her supporting characters and she sort of takes that over since SuperDad isn't in that world and new52 Superman is dead? Or is this away from the Daily Planet?

Do we know anything about what the first issue is supposed to be about yet?

Like I said, I doubt I'll get it, but so much is up in the air that it's hard to say that I definitely won't. What if it's like the best possible thing they could ever do with Lois Lane as a superhero? Probably won't be, and I don't like the concept, but if it's actually like the best thing *ever* that they could do with Lois Lane as a superhero, it could work.

I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 05-12-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

My theory is that New 52 Lois Lane is going to be working with the military as Superwoman, while Post-Crisis Lois Lane covers for her at the Daily Planet.
    makes a lot of sense, gives her a space to herself in her comic and gives a reason for 2 Lois's. Man..you would think 2 of the same people being in the universe for a long time would end up breaking some time of rule in the DCU to the magic council or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its New 52 Lois I have a hard time seeing her working closely with the military on a regular basis. Occasionally, perhaps, but not in the sense that Kara directily works for a military installation. To me she would be the most like New 52 Superman; fly solo, be more interesting in right from a moral perspective as opposed a government perspective, which don't always mesh, and not be afraid to stand against authority when those conflicts do occur.
    Right. And it's almost certainly nuLois unless the most random of random curve balls gets thrown here.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrap
    I'm curious about what really sets this character apart. Is it just Superman, except Superman is Superwoman, and Lois Lane is the regular identity instead of Clark Kent? I mean, who is she as a superhero at the center of her own comic? I really have no idea. I mean, I feel like I've been reading or seeing Lois Lane forever, but this context is so different that they'd have to draw me a picture to some degree to really know if it'd appeal.
    What I hope is that she does what's she's always done but with powers. A superpowered person that does investigation and digs for the truth but this time she won't need a Superman to save her if she digs too deep. That's the best way I see them staying with character and I have a good amount of faith in Jimenez. This direction would be very different from what all the other Supers do, and really, what they've ever done. Clark can catch meteors, Kara can track down aliens, and Lois can investigate... just don't ask me about Kenan (idk, protect China? Find himself? Start a band?)

you have to create a theme of superwoman .. in the last posts only speak of lois.

I Before to see the image in color. I did not think it was lois, she appear in Action Comics in Rebirth.. and hair looked a little different... Then, with the lie of new character fake was lois.

I will see superwoman(N52 Lois.. with the solar superman can not be the other lois..), although the thor woman disease gain spoils things.. DC spoil me first super league(superman dies) and now superwoman(lois dies) ... death, death..

Lois repeats the case of Betty Ross and ends as superwoman? Or are false hopes?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-13-2016 at 03:06 AM.

This Superman, this lois.. not Jimmy(of course).. This cover is the opposite of the previous AC 957 cover..For this.. I never thought lois can be superwoman.. Batman and WW continue here and... Clark Kent..

Now the characters have changed... They would have an idea and a week later would change of plans? Bad idea the precipitates changes..

2 years... the longest rebirth, no? In this case I had very bad luck.. Damn DCYOU..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-13-2016 at 06:29 AM.

BANNED

Always thought that was just creative expression. Or maybe those jets are trying to shoot her down, idk, her working for the military is just too out of character in a movement to get back to the hearts of everyone. I don't think they'd drop the ball that hard. And again, with Supergirl working with the DEO, the set up would be redundant story-wise
    Jimenez on twitter said that the jets are flying with Lois, maybe it is just jets but it is a weird image to use.
    Well DC already made Lois reveal superman identity, so they can drop the ball hard a lot with Lois. DEO is very different from military