Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb If the X-Men became a part of the MCU, how should they be introduced?

Lets suppose, Marvel and Fox work out a deal, or the rights go back to Marvel... How do you think mutants and the X-men should be introduced to the MCU? Which members should appear and which villains?
    Should they show up in another movie before their own movie like Spider-Man, or not?
    Do you think this could work?

Particularly I think they should be subtle about the mutant thing, making it like the world is just discovering them, but shield already knows about them and stuff like that. Perhaps Professor X and Cyclops should appear in some other movie before an X-men movie.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Leon2703; 05-07-2016 at 03:37 PM.

I agree with you. They can always say that there isn't so much mutants yet, and with other type of superpowered people like the Avengers, Inhumans, Jessica and Luke, people weren't like "Omg, they have superpowers, mutants!!!". They can always say they are indeed the evolution and that "process" is slow, so just "now"(aka the moment on the MCU that would be happening) the mutants were becoming really a thing.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think that if Marvel reacquires the X-Men movie rights, or makes a deal with Fox, it would be best not to introduce them to the MCU. Keep them in their universe, but - this is Marvel. Crossovers can still happen every now and again.

Because the stories that would belong to the X-Men in the MCU are very much an Inhumans thing now, thanks to Agents of SHIELD and Ike Perlmutter. So... keep them in their own universe where mutant hysteria can be ramped up to ten, and have crossovers every now and again within reason. Hell - they could even keep the XCU if it's a deal like they have with Sony, it's perfectly workable at the moment.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Crisis on infinite earths level event!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

It'd have to be a reboot, but I'd want Singer, Vaughn, and Miller, in charge of the X-Men movies, and solos. Same with the F4.

If Fox, and DisMarvel, ever team up. Feige better keep Singer, Vaughn, and Miller, in charge of the (Singer and Miller) X-Men and (Vaughn) F4 franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Crisis on infinite earths level event!
    You mean like bringing the characters from Fox movies to the MCU universe or something? Either way, I actually thought of that. Even if I hate some stuff Fox did, I mostly love the actors(SOPHIE!!!) and it would be nice if all that entire franchise that's lasting so long wasn't just completely wiped out.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You mean like bringing the characters from Fox movies to the MCU universe or something? Either way, I actually thought of that. Even if I hate some stuff Fox did, I mostly love the actors(SOPHIE!!!) and it would be nice if all that entire franchise that's lasting so long wasn't just completely wiped out.
    But if that happened how would they explain the sudden spike in MCU mutants showing up? Where would the X-Men stay?

How would the Avengers ever deal with Magneto, without getting rekt?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    But if that happened how would they explain the sudden spike in MCU mutants showing up? Where would the X-Men stay?

How would the Avengers ever deal with Magneto, without getting rekt?
    Yeah, I don't know either. I guess it's almost impossible, but if they managed to do it, it would be epic.

I think that it's more likely that the X-men would be introduced as military experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that it's more likely that the X-men would be introduced as military experiments.
    That and other thousands of ways to have superpowers are already a thing on the MCU, what would make the mutants nothing special, I mean, they wouldn't even be an actual race, so I don't think so.

That and other thousands of ways to have superpowers are already a thing on the MCU, what would make the mutants nothing special, I mean, they wouldn't even be an actual race, so I don't think so.
    Well, the new race is the job of the MCU's Inhumans, so....................................

BANNED

Actually they could say they are military experiments in universe to hide the fact that they're the evolution of the human race that has been around for centuries pushing strings to hide themselves and take over the world, kind of an illuminati level conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the new race is the job of the MCU's Inhumans, so....................................
    The Inhumans are actually Kree experiments. That would only make them more alike. Plus, the Inhumans are half-aliens, they're INhumans, while mutants would be the evolution of the human race itself.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I actually think DAZZLER the movie would be a good way of outing the mutant race if they ever were introduced to the MCU.
    A movie that outs the pop star and kicks off a witch hunt for mutants would be a great way to fold in various mutant related stories into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I actually think DAZZLER the movie would be a good way of outing the mutant race if they ever were introduced to the MCU.
    A movie that outs the pop star and kicks off a witch hunt for mutants would be a great way to fold in various mutant related stories into the MCU.
    I would love if a Dazzler's movie was a musical.