Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That and other thousands of ways to have superpowers are already a thing on the MCU, what would make the mutants nothing special, I mean, they wouldn't even be an actual race, so I don't think so.
    What if it went the Ultimate route, and the mutant gene was a virus that affected a certain number of the population, spread by Wolverine, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I actually think DAZZLER the movie would be a good way of outing the mutant race if they ever were introduced to the MCU.
    A movie that outs the pop star and kicks off a witch hunt for mutants would be a great way to fold in various mutant related stories into the MCU.
    That's too much for the current MCU.

Tho, if they did what I said (involving Singer, Miller, and Vaughn), then they'd have to go darker. You can't bring in the X-Men without bringing despair with it.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's too much for the current MCU.

Tho, if they did what I said (involving Singer, Miller, and Vaughn), then they'd have to go darker. You can't bring in the X-Men without bringing despair with it.
    Too much for the current MCU? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Too much for the current MCU? Really?
    Yeah. The MCU doesn't deal with social issues, like racism. Even the Civil War movie isn't that dark, compared to the comic version where there were much bigger stakes.

You think that the MCU would ever show children being shot at (even with tranquilizers) in a movie, or their heroes being brutally torn apart? Would they do Deadpool? Would they entertain an X-Force idea? A rated-R Wolverine?

Yeah. The MCU doesn't deal with social issues, like racism. Even the Civil War movie isn't that dark, compared to the comic version where there were much bigger stakes.

You think that the MCU would ever show children being shot at (even with tranquilizers) in a movie, or their heroes being brutally torn apart? Would they do Deadpool? Would they entertain an X-Force idea? A rated-R Wolverine?
    The mutant racism is essential to the X-Men. Isn't that hard to make it without being "too dark".

What if it went the Ultimate route, and the mutant gene was a virus that affected a certain number of the population, spread by Wolverine, or something.
    It would probably have to be something like that, yeah. Mutants, the way they are in the 616, just doesn't fit the MCU. A virus would make alot more sense...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Why would anyone want a rehash of the prequel trilogy that just finished and a rebooted Deadpool?

If they wanted the X-men in the MCU, it would be smart not to touch them until a lengthy time has passed after Apocalypse and not touch Deadpool for ages.

I rather see Fox and Disney make a Secret War movie.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-07-2016 at 06:55 PM.

I can't see how they'd simply begin assimilating mutants into the same world. Far too many big battles/events have happened in the X-verse. I used to think perhaps Professor X or Phoenix could whammy the world into forgetting mutants existed? As long as the reasoning was somewhat digestible.

I rather love the idea that Marvel loans out Enchantress for the Dazzler movie and this is where the two worlds meet. The post credit scene is Enchantress back on Asgard. Loki comes in to tease, expecting to find her licking her wounds, but Amora is wild eyed with excitement. She recounts much of what happened, including her expectation of those annoying Avenger types to help that pesky pop tart, but they never showed. In fact, there's no record of their existence... 'Cause she landed on another earth. Oops.

I know it's an eye-rolling easy out and likely to reignite the fan rage some felt when we thought the comics were booting the X-Men to another planet, but they essentially already are in the film world. There are plenty of comic science reasons another earth/reality was created/exists and it finally opens a door should the MCU and Fox want to play nicely in each others sandboxes, while the limits of an AU keeps their respective worlds in order.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It'd have to be a reboot, but I'd want Singer, Vaughn, and Miller, in charge of the X-Men movies, and solos. Same with the F4.

If Fox, and DisMarvel, ever team up. Feige better keep Singer, Vaughn, and Miller, in charge of the (Singer and Miller) X-Men and (Vaughn) F4 franchises.
    Yep, it's have to be a MCU/XCU reboot. There's little way outside of going full Ultimate X-Men route that they'd be able to spin not one but two secret superhuman sub species in existence since the onset of civilization. Mutants and the X-gene in general will have to be a recent development.

IMO they'd have so do something along the lines of someone or a government agency trying to recreate the super soldier serum by way of the Inhuman genetic code that ultimately results in an airborne retrovirus that generates the "X-gene" in a miniscule percentag of the earth's population, but then can propagate amongst themselves afterwards. Mutations like Terri-genesis is immediate, child, adult elderly- doesn't matter. The 2nd generation however will follow traditional mutant rules of puberty. This way you can get things like Generation-X going.

Heck have the pioneering scientists be Xavier, Magneto, Selene, Gidion, Sinister etc. The virus can effect them definitely perhaps because it's created using their own material and tissue or just prolonged exposure to the raw experiment. Bleh, make it work.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-07-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Marvel/Fox reboot the Fantastic four together. On this one Franklin is 4 and Sue is preggers with Val.

They discover a convergence effect that ends with Marvel and the Fox movie U soft rebooting merging into each other.

Main story is Doom's destroy alt universe vs Reed's idea of merge or both universes will die.

B story is Nova (Frankie Raye) filling in for Sue on team. in the next Fan 4 she will replace the Silver Surfer as harold when they meet Galactus.

Humans of are pissed that mutants were not a part of the world before and now they are all over the place and some are dangerous but the Fan four are loved since they saved everyone.

The reboot should begin with the Watcher narrating how the Fan 4 came to be in the intro credits.

After credits
    The Watcher is shown in final scene as on the Blue Arena on the Moon with the InHuman Royals who watched the whole thing

I would prefer that they keep it like the comics as much as they can. It's not like they have shown every corner of the earth, so I don't think there is any problem to them introducing the fact that super powered people have been showing up for some time, maybe even the existence of Magneto.

The thing they should do would be the discovery of mutants and that they are the evolution of human race, showing the impact that has on the world, this would be shown in other movies as well, the racism, the fear and hate. Make it so that there are very few mutants at first (the school would only have the x-men as students), and the information about their existence has been covered by some agency or something.

I think it could work... I really don't like the idea of bringing Fox's x-men to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    I would prefer that they keep it like the comics as much as they can. It's not like they have shown every corner of the earth, so I don't think there is any problem to them introducing the fact that super powered people have been showing up for some time, maybe even the existence of Magneto.

The thing they should do would be the discovery of mutants and that they are the evolution of human race, showing the impact that has on the world, this would be shown in other movies as well, the racism, the fear and hate. Make it so that there are very few mutants at first (the school would only have the x-men as students), and the information about their existence has been covered by some agency or something.

I think it could work... I really don't like the idea of bringing Fox's x-men to the MCU.
    Sure, but I still want Singer, Vaughn and Miller involved in the X-Men and F4. I don't want Feige softening the X-films, and it's okay if the X-films don't feel like the other MCU movies. I want Vaughn to give Doom the Magneto treatment the MCU never would.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post

The problem is that Fox already told that story and very recently as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The problem is that Fox already told that story and very recently as well.
    Yeah, so the retrovirus route (aka the Ultimate route) is the way to go.

BANNED

I don't like the idea of xmen in the mcu. xmen is at its best when they are separate.