Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Secret Wars: Avengers v X-Men

Directed by The Russo Brothers

That would be amazing.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-07-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Secret Wars: Avengers v X-Men

Directed by The Russo Brothers

That would be amazing.
    Why would it be amazing?

The fight? Sure. The story? Nope.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why would it be amazing?

The fight? Sure. The story? Nope.
    It would be a fangasm fest.

Rogue with Carol Danver powers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leon2703 View Post
    Lets suppose, Marvel and Fox work out a deal, or the rights go back to Marvel...
    You can stop right there. The rights to the X-Men will NEVER NEVER EVER go back to Marvel. As for working out a deal, it's possible, but I only see it potentially happening for certain characters ala Wolverine or a few others. I don't envision a wholesale deal where Marvel can use the entire X-Men line or even an entire X-Men team.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    You can stop right there. The rights to the X-Men will NEVER NEVER EVER go back to Marvel. As for working out a deal, it's possible, but I only see it potentially happening for certain characters ala Wolverine or a few others. I don't envision a wholesale deal where Marvel can use the entire X-Men line or even an entire X-Men team.
    Yeah. This is most likely, even beyond my Ultimate X-Men scenario. Spiderman was making money, but not so much Sony wouldn't be ok with just getting royalties and taking distribution while he flourishes under another studio. X-Men box office alone dwarfs the distribution and royalties. A deal is more likely than recapture.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Thats why I said "lets suppose". I just made the thread to dicuss the possibilities of how they should be introduced.

But yeah, I agree with you.

The best way to introduce them into the MCU would be to pretend that they were always there, just in hiding and 'undefined', with no one concretely making the connection to all the various super-powered people being genetically related till now. All the recent super-powered arms race is what ends up forcing the X-Men and Mutants out of secrecy and into the spotlight.

They would probably be better served as a Netflix style series though, it would give them the space to really develop more characters and set the stage for both their 'mundane' regular lives and the struggles they go through.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah. The MCU doesn't deal with social issues, like racism. Even the Civil War movie isn't that dark, compared to the comic version where there were much bigger stakes.

You think that the MCU would ever show children being shot at (even with tranquilizers) in a movie, or their heroes being brutally torn apart? Would they do Deadpool? Would they entertain an X-Force idea? A rated-R Wolverine?
    That's why I suggested the DAZZLER angle for the initial intro to mutants. The juxtaposition of the levity of Dazzler's story to the plight of mutants would be more thematically MCU in nature.

Niffleheim

Anything serialized, minus BO money, they will have to get Disney/Marvel's approval -- so Netflix is HIGHLY likely.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

LOL. It's never gonna happen. Fox will never sell the rights. And they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    That's why I suggested the DAZZLER angle for the initial intro to mutants. The juxtaposition of the levity of Dazzler's story to the plight of mutants would be more thematically MCU in nature.
    I guess that's one angle... the other is most people don't know who Dazzler is and the fans that do aren't for the most part all that interested in her past but knowing who she is unlike Deadpool or Wolverine who have huge fan bases to justify a feature film focus. I don't see droves of people running out to see Dazzler as she "reignites" interest in X-Men. Especially because it doesn't need to be reignited.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I guess that's one angle... the other is most people don't know who Dazzler is and the fans that do aren't for the most part all that interested in her past but knowing who she is unlike Deadpool or Wolverine who have huge fan bases to justify a feature film focus. I don't see droves of people running out to see Dazzler as she "reignites" interest in X-Men. Especially because it doesn't need to be reignited.
    Marvel already proved that with the right marketing people will show up in droves to see whatever obscure hero or team they decide to make a movie for. With the right lead it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Marvel already proved that with the right marketing people will show up in droves to see whatever obscure hero or team they decide to make a movie for. With the right lead it could work.
    ...so you're comparing Deadpool, a character that simultaneously supported several books, had his own game as well as being several others, and several animated features BEFORE he had a movie, to Dazzler? A character that has spent probably 60% of the last 20 years in limbo and the rest as a supporting character in team books? Is that what you're doing? I'm not trying to belittle you or your favorite character, but I think you're pushing it.

To be fair. I'm a huge Gambit fan but I can admit to being apprehensive about a 150m solo film without being reintroduced into the X-Men films done by Singer. Want Dazzler in a MCU xmen movie, fine, but helming one because Deadpool did it? Cmon. That's Hollywood thinking. "If he did anyone can!"

No, not anyone can. If Marvel did nothing else right over the last 10 years was market Deadpool well and build him a fan base. Dazzler, while a pretty well along niche character is not on DPs level.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 05-08-2016 at 07:37 PM.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ...so you're comparing Deadpool, a character that simultaneously supported several books, had his own game as well as being several others, and several animated features BEFORE he had a movie, to Dazzler? A character that has spent probably 60% of the last 20 years in limbo and the rest as a supporting character in team books? Is that what you're doing? I'm not trying to belittle you or your favorite character, but I think you're pushing it.
    He(she? I don't really know) said Marvel, and this is an hypothetical thread about the MCU, so I guess when he said "obscure hero" he was comparing to like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He(she? I don't really know) said Marvel, and this is an hypothetical thread about the MCU, so I guess when he said "obscure hero" he was comparing to like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man.
    Bingo. Thanks Wiccan.