BANNED

Default FCBD: the Return of ROM: Space Knight

Did anybody grab this today? It seems like a good start I think.

Yes, a good start.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I picked up a copy yesterday, it was decent overall. I'll most likely stick around to see how the first couple of issues turn out.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member

I picked it up. And I think it was a good start.

However making it only like half an issue really bummed me out. Considering I had to wait in line an hour and a half to get it.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I thought Marvel owned the Dire Wraiths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    I picked it up. And I think it was a good start.

However making it only like half an issue really bummed me out. Considering I had to wait in line an hour and a half to get it.
    Yeah, I was expecting it to be longer what with how thick the book was. Though I just walked in a half hour before closing and picked up without the hassle. My local store gets swarmed every FCBD so I never plan on going until late.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I thought Marvel owned the Dire Wraiths.
    They do, or at least they do own the version we know from Marvel. However, an early TV ad mentioned the Rom the Spaceknight fighting the shapeshifting Dire Wraiths, which seems to have been enough for Rom's owners (and so IDW) to feel safe using shapeshifting Dire Wraiths here - just not the same ones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting it to be longer what with how thick the book was. Though I just walked in a half hour before closing and picked up without the hassle. My local store gets swarmed every FCBD so I never plan on going until late.
    They did the half issue thing with Micronauts also. Only we had to pay full cover for that.

IDW I normally like a lot. But this latest thing? It's not making e happy toward a company I am normally really happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    They did the half issue thing with Micronauts also. Only we had to pay full cover for that.

IDW I normally like a lot. But this latest thing? It's not making e happy toward a company I am normally really happy with.
    The first issue of Micronauts had 24 pages of story (in addition to bonus stuff like the concept art). That's far from "half an issue", especially when most books are only 20 pages these days...