Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Niffleheim

All the CW shows have been making me questioning myself "why i'ms still watching?" I'm 100% sure i'll not be watching LoT next season.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-10-2016 at 06:57 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Well no surprise there.

The stories (and Felicity) are awful and Oliver is Batman-lite....which doesn't work anymore...people have caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed.

Doubly agreed on both counts (though I still maintain season 3 had its moments).
    It definitely did. That 4 episode arc from the mid season finale through the Brick episodes are some of my favourite episodes on any show last year.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Didn't Flash have a big dip a while ago, if I remember correctly? It was around the "Vs. Zoom" episode I believe...
    Not a huge dip, but it did experience one because CW put the show on a random month-long hiatus at the end of February.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Not a huge dip, but it did experience one because CW put the show on a random month-long hiatus at the end of February.
    Huh, okay...I wonder if the hiatuses can be attributed as a factor in the current decline of ratings for other shows?

I definitely prefer Flash, but Arrow SHOULD be firing on all cylinders. Its formula is getting tired.

I'm REALLY sick of the forced pathos in both shows. I get that soapy emotions are filler, but these characters should be having fatigue and be jaded by now.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I said somewhere on these boards that the minute they cut the sexual tension between Felicity and Oliver by having them be together the show was going to get a big ratings drop. It's pretty much happened to every show since the dawn of television

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Huh, okay...I wonder if the hiatuses can be attributed as a factor in the current decline of ratings for other shows?
    Nah, they were just trying to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I've never been a Green Arrow fan so I can't comment on that garbage but I tried giving Legends a try but was bored after two episodes.
    Arrow is a different character than GA with different traits.

Arrow has probably run its course and the series needs to come to a suitable end... As for Legends, it was very corny when it first started but then gradually improved with each episode... Now though, I think it's evident that the Vandal Savage storyline has gone well past its sell by date and by now they should have moved on to something else.
    Got to say as well, The Flash I think has been flagging a bit of late as the Zoom storyline has also gone on far too long.

BANNED

It may just be a network wide decline. Possibly across all TV for whatever reasons. The Vampire Diaries and The Originals both recently hit all time series lows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    It may just be a network wide decline. Possibly across all TV for whatever reasons. The Vampire Diaries and The Originals both recently hit all time series lows.
    When you do early renewals-you pretty much tell those shows to mail it in.

Also you have to look at what else is airing during that time.

How many of these shows have high DVR numbers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    When you do early renewals-you pretty much tell those shows to mail it in.

Also you have to look at what else is airing during that time.
    This probably has something to do with it. A lot of other genre shows that appeal to the same audience have started up in the last month: Game of Thrones, Orphan Black, Fear the Walking Dead, etc. I know I'm falling behind on many shows because of the others that have started. I'm about four eps behind on Legends, two behind on Supernatural, and others all because I'm trying to keep up on the three I mentioned.

Another thing that hits ratings is Kodi... I watch the episodes the day after they air in America rather than be a few weeks behind and watch it on Sky... Would love to know how many people watch these programs on Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Arrow has probably run its course and the series needs to come to a suitable end... As for Legends, it was very corny when it first started but then gradually improved with each episode... Now though, I think it's evident that the Vandal Savage storyline has gone well past its sell by date and by now they should have moved on to something else.
    Got to say as well, The Flash I think has been flagging a bit of late as the Zoom storyline has also gone on far too long.
    maybe the one major villain per season format is growing stale. overall i still enjoy LoT but i'm growing tired of the whole Vandal Savage story. something about the way he's being portrayed just doesn't make him as menacing as he should be. plus as others have pointed out, the team has had to do a lot of stupid things to let him get away every episode.
    Zoom has still been interesting but there are times when you can tell they're stretching this story out as long as they can.