Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    ARROW needs a retooling. If there was ever a show that would benefit from a time-jump, ARROW would certainly qualify. Unfortunately, that would undoubtedly jack up the spin-off shows so it's highly unlikely to happen. But there are smaller things they can do, like lowering the sidekicks, ending Oliver/Felicity, and somehow begging Katie Cassidy to come back.

LoT started off awkwardly but has managed to put together some fairly entertaining episodes, even in spite of its poor writing and plot development at times. But if you look, the ratings drop coincided with the early renewal, so it seems very likely that fans are simply catching it via streaming or DVR.
    They can easily accomplish this through Flash - I was hoping they were going to do something about that, especially with how S1 of Flash ended. Barry should have saved his mom and it could have changed things in the universe -affecting both Flash and Arrow.

Heck, they could easily accomplish this with the lighter changes Barry made (by traveling back, such as saving Cisco, or going back to S1 to find the secret of gaining more speed...."time booms" that ended up affecting Arrow). Just change things around.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

It's my fault. I've missed the last 4 episodes of each, yet I've been keeping up with Flash.

Sorry.

Spectacular Member

With flash and lot covering the "comic booky" bases, arrow should cover its own roots and feel more O'Neil and Grell inspired. Topical is the new comic booky lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    It's my fault. I've missed the last 4 episodes of each, yet I've been keeping up with Flash.

Sorry.
    Now I know this is a joke. However the reason you stopped could be the same reson others have stopped so maybe the answer is there or at least a suggestion.

Incredible Member

All the problems of the show(s) have already been mentioned, so I'll just stick to my own decisions on how to continue: (Well, wait, one thing hasn't been mentioned yet unless I missed it: WB stupidly taking characters off the table again.)

I'll finish watching this season of Arrow, but by now it's pissed me off so much, I really have no interest in season five. (And truth be told, given their flashback shtick, ending it after five seasons would fit nicely, anyway.)
    LoT on the other hand mostly just bores me to tears (on top of constantly irking me with its time travel "rules"), so I'll decide after they announce its S2 villain.
    Flash has the same sorts of highlights and lowlights as the others (duh) but the proportions are much more in the show's favor IMNSHO. Really, the only major thing that annoys me about the series at the moment is that at its core the main plot of the second season is the same as season one's. (I'll be pissed if the real Jay Garrick isn't the man in the iron mask, though.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post

Sorry.
    Same here. Well 2 legends and 4 Arrows. They are on the dvr waiting for me to watch. Of the Flash, Arrow, and Legends, I'd say Arrow is my favorite. But everything Felicity has just been killing my interest. I know what's been going on because I'm not concerned with spoilers anymore this season. Heard about Laurel. Not that bothered by that. Dangerous world, characters at risk, all that. But I haven't been in a rush to watch. I'll just binge soon. Legends I've been enjoying a bit more, surprisingly. Up to date on Flash.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Well no surprise there.

The stories (and Felicity) are awful and Oliver is Batman-lite....which doesn't work anymore...people have caught on.
    If anything, I think the bolded, instead of being a detriment, is actually part of the reason for its success.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Incredible Member

Laughing at Arrow right now. After what that crappy show did to many DC, Batman characters, the show runners are getting served. Hack writing should get you nowhere. But I do not think that hacks like Marc whatever is name is get it. Well Arrow needs to keep loosing viewers in order to humble him I guess. And do not get me started on Legends of Tomorrow. The group is composed of useless idiots. Way to shit on DC characters CW.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 05-11-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Guggy is feeling pretty stupid right now, I hope Arrow crashes and tanks by season 5. Frankly I wouldn't mind if all Berlanti shows crash and tank.
    I hear you son.

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    If anything, I think the bolded, instead of being a detriment, is actually part of the reason for its success.
    Truth. Batman is such an iconic story formula that anything resembling it would be bound to be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Laughing at Arrow right now. After what that crappy show did to many DC, Batman characters, the show runners are getting served. Hack writing should get you nowhere. But I do not think that hacks like Marc whatever is name is get it. Well Arrow needs to keep loosing viewers in order to humble him I guess. And do not get me started on Legends of Tomorrow. The group is composed of useless idiots. Way to shit on DC characters CW.
    This... seems really unfounded and a bit arrogant. Any show that has been a success as long as Arrow has is not getting 'served' and the writers are not getting 'humbled'. If the fifth season was the last one, and they yanked it off the air... it will STILL have been a resounding success that basically launched the DC television franchise. 5 years is a good run for any show.... puts them over the 100 episodes needed for perpetual syndication... and with their 5 year flashback method, is REALLY all they ever hoped for with that show.

It's one thing to not like the show and have no interest in watching it... but if anything the writers are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

Now, LoT?? If that crashed after the first season (which I do think it should have... ) that would be a different story. But a 5 year run is respectable for any show.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I dropped Arrow because it bored me. The writing was just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    The thin about LoT is that Rip's team is so inept that they almost having you rooting for Vandal Savage.
    There is far to much plot-induced stupidity. Atom is so hopeless it is amazing he hasn't accidentally killed himself yet.

LoT and Arrow would benefit from better writing.

I still really enjoy the Flash.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Now I know this is a joke. However the reason you stopped could be the same reson others have stopped so maybe the answer is there or at least a suggestion.

Nah, while it was a joke, the only reason I've missed is because I've been slacking/other shows. I plan on just finishing them up when the season ends (I DVR them).

havent the ratings for Agents of Shield been dropping too? also rumor is that Agent Carter is done. this is causing speculation that the Most Wanted spinoff won't happen.

maybe the superhero tv bubble is starting to burst. though the Netflix shows are still going strong. though those have higher production value and can get away with a lot more.

Well, I gave up on arrow partway through season 2- it was too dark, and none of the characters interested me. I'll still tune in for the flash crossover, or vixen appearance. I quit on the flash this year, because of the abundance of speedsters and zoom. I'm hoping next year will be more rogue - centric. I followed legends all the way until last week; I'll tune in for the finale, but next year will be dependent on who's coming back and what the overall season will be.
    Last edited by protege; 05-12-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    havent the ratings for Agents of Shield been dropping too? also rumor is that Agent Carter is done. this is causing speculation that the Most Wanted spinoff won't happen.

maybe the superhero tv bubble is starting to burst. though the Netflix shows are still going strong. though those have higher production value and can get away with a lot more.
    Agent Carter disappointed me something terrible. I'm actually glad it's done. What I WANTED was to see her and Stark starting SHIELD. I wanted to see them using all those cool vintage Spygear that Coulson and that Howling Commando's grandson collected in the main show... What I did not want was random adventures of tough girl proving herself in a man's world... week after week. They went in a completely different direction than I expected. Season 1 I assumed was building toward SHIELD... but when it didn't season 2 was a tough to get through.

As for Superhero bubbles? I really dislike that concept. There are SOOOO MANY shows on the air right now, that superhero/comic shows are just a tiny corner of the media world. I personally am so glad there is MORE to watch then just another Reality/Cooking/NCIS/CSI/sitcom spinoff out there. 6-7 years ago, I think there was only 3 show that caught my attention. Now there's closer to 12.

This is a good thing.

Same thing with the movies. If it wasn't Captain America 3 or Iron Man 4.... it would be Diehard 7 or Terminator 8... or stupid rom-com or stoner-film.. or some other genre that is already over saturated.