Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty much done with Arrow, LoT and Supergirl. Arrow first and second season were good, but season 3 and what I've watched of 4 has been a drag. LoT, I like most of the cast other than Hawkgirl/Hawkman and Rip Hunter, but the plot 3 episodes in is a snorefest. Supergirl I may grind out the last 4 episodes I have on my DVR, but with rumors of it being canceled, I'm not to motivated, even though it had been marginally improving. So of the DC shows that leaves me watching Flash which I still find enjoyable, but the second half of this season has been a bit uneven. Hopefully season 3 it can rebound.

Even Daredevil season 2 was a bit boring, minus the Punisher. Hopefully Luke Cage, Jessica Jones can reverse the trend.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think killing off Black Canary is going to be one of many shark Jumping moments in the series.
    I have watched 3 seasons of Arrow so far and the main problem I see is that every chapter is like the character gets burdened more and more with complexity surrounding him and his supporting cast.
    My guess is that the parallel story of him getting out of the island (the place in which he supposedly trained and became arrow) and even arriving to his hometown to take care of his sister without being noticed destroyed many aspects of the mythos and burdened the show with unnecessary complexity.
    I think two parallel stories were not necessary, just some flashback memories were enough to explain current situations (for example the arriving of Slade Wilson to Starling City).
    I ignored they had decided to Kill off Black Canary but after reading this I agree with the fact that definitely this is a the "jump shark" point for the series.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I ignored they had decided to Kill off Black Canary but after reading this I agree with the fact that definitely this is a the "jump shark" point for the series.
    I don't see it remotely as a "jumping the shark" moment at all. It might not have been the best thing to happen, of course, but jump-the-shark moments have to have oodles of cheese or have steered the show in a totally different direction to be deemed as such, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't see it remotely as a "jumping the shark" moment at all. It might not have been the best thing to happen, of course, but jump-the-shark moments have to have oodles of cheese or have steered the show in a totally different direction to be deemed as such, IMO.
    Agreed. It isn't even the first time they've killed Black Canary. So far they've killed two canaries and a Speedy, and two have come back.

For me the real Shark jumping was when they went from super-soldiers and leagues of assassins... to super sorcery magic guy. While I liked getting an encore and crossover with Constantine... That whole arc (that's still going) feels REALLY out of place for Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    For me the real Shark jumping was when they went from super-soldiers and leagues of assassins... to super sorcery magic guy. While I liked getting an encore and crossover with Constantine... That whole arc (that's still going) feels REALLY out of place for Green Arrow.
    Yeah, though I am liking it myself, I could see that being classified as jumping the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "Jumping the shark" moment per se, but I could see why many people would drop Arrow and stop watching because of it.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I would just like to thank everyone for their input in this thread. I had the third season of Arrow and the first season of Flash set to go on Netflix, but after reading what I have here, I won't even bother watching any of it. Same goes for Legend of Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I would just like to thank everyone for their input in this thread. I had the third season of Arrow and the first season of Flash set to go on Netflix, but after reading what I have here, I won't even bother watching any of it. Same goes for Legend of Tomorrow.
    You definitely should try the last two shows, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "Jumping the shark" moment per se, but I could see why many people would drop Arrow and stop watching because of it.
    No disagreement there, Frontier, though television deaths personally don't bother me in that way.

Fantastic Member

Dude.....fash is awesome just watch it,you spend enough time on internet you will end up hating everything,really just watch it fash s1 is better then any season of any superheroe show except both seasons of daredevil and that is saying something

Fellow Minnesotan shout out, don't ya know. Flash and the first two seasons of Arrow are worth watching, give them a chance.

Fantastic Member

My main problem with Arrow is that all the actors of the main cast have not improved or have gotten worse in terms of acting ability each season save for amell and whoever is playing Roy and Felicity,a dude/chick wearing a costume is a tough sell especially in a TV series where budgets are less and character needs to be stretched much more then in a movie,you really need a good actor to pull off something like that,that is a problem j.Jones ddevil and flash are not facing ,gustin and all the main cast of flash except for whoever is playing jay Garrick/hunter and Caitlin have become really good actors and that is not some thing I can say about the main cast of arrow save for amell

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    Fellow Minnesotan shout out, don't ya know. Flash and the first two seasons of Arrow are worth watching, give them a chance.
    Howdy neighbor! I did watch the first two seasons of Arrow, and I really enjoyed them. My only complaint was that by the end of season 2 Deathstroke looked more like an amped up hokey player than he did an assassin. I suppose I could at least see what the Flash is like. There's certainly no rule that says I must force myself to keep watching it if I don't like it, hey?

I loved season two of Arrow the best. The reintroduction of Sara Lance as the Canary and Slade Wilson/Deathstroke was so good. Season one is ok and a decent set up but the Ollie, Laurel and Tommy love triangle stuff was incredibly grating.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    I loved season two of Arrow the best. The reintroduction of Sara Lance as the Canary and Slade Wilson/Deathstroke was so good. Season one is ok and a decent set up but the Ollie, Laurel and Tommy love triangle stuff was incredibly grating.
    I hear ya. I had the same feeling about the whole Lex/Clark/Lana nonsense in Smallville.