Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supergirl Season 2 Moving To The CW Network ( Maybe )

I have enjoyed watching Supergirl on network television ( CBS ) this past season. I`ve have heard and read on many , many websites that CBS is thinking about moving Supergirl due to budget cuts and moving it to Canada to save money in the long run.
    CBS is rumored to be moving Supergirl to their sister network CW Network just like " Arrow ", " The Flash ", and " Legends of Tomorrow " which all 3 programs are recorded and produced in Canada.
    So having Supergirl on the CW Network might be a good thing? Well unless CBS / CW Network does`t want the CW Network to be known as the " SuperHero`s Network "?
    I remember like 15 too 20 years ago USA Network had so much WWF/E wrestling programming that the USA Network was known to be the Wrestling Channel. Back then, many of you will not remember that or know that. ( before your time )
    I think it would be a good move to move it.

Opp`s, I just saw a TV / Film Thread after i posted this thread. So if Admin moves it? I understand.

Sunday 08 May 2016 @ 17:35 CDT
    Last edited by OzzyOzz6999; 05-09-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    Dr. Ozzy Ozz PhD - CBU

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I don't care what network its on as long is there actually is a season 2. This is a fun, positive and enjoyable series, it deserves a second season. Its also sad CBS is treating it so poorly.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I don't care what network its on as long is there actually is a season 2. This is a fun, positive and enjoyable series, it deserves a second season. Its also sad CBS is treating it so poorly.
    Agree, I`m with you.
    Last edited by OzzyOzz6999; 05-09-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    Dr. Ozzy Ozz PhD - CBU

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The president of the CW has stated before (unfortunately I can't find it now) but he has stayed that he regrets having passed on the show initially. So I am betting the show will continue, the question is which network.

The moving it to the CW, as far as I've read, is just one possibility.
    One of the main hang-ups with CBS giving Season 2 a green light was the cost of each episode, and there's no way in hell the CW would pay them. So, if you move production to Canada to cut costs, you may also be removing a roadblock to having CBS go ahead and renew it for Season 2.

BANNED

Even though it would be cool to have a crisis on infinite earths type story where all the heroes get put on one earth so the CW earth becomes a full fledged DC earth,but i dont see it happening.

Two things could help the show
    1- move to Vancouver,but stay on CBS
    2- add superboy,project Cadmus is coming up,and a wise ass over confident clone is exaclty what can turn this very vanilla show into something a lil more spicy

Incredible Member

They could do less episodes with a more tight storyline.

Oh yeah please get rid of "James Olsen". He's boring, he's annoying, the actor is inappropriate (if you want Jimmy to be black, get us something more of a black nerd rather than someone who could play John Henry Irons in young flashbacks).
    Maybe the real Jimmy "Mr. Action" Olsen shows up and tases "James Olsen" in the back, revealing that "James Olsen" was a Cadmus clone/infiltrator.

A good thing is that this being 2nd season, a lot is established already and they can do more interesting things now that the foundations are there. Supergirl is a trusted super-hero who just saved the world and his gaining plenty of badass levels and not looking like a loser in comparison from her cousin, go from there.

I think the show also needs a tighter plot (less episodes? 18 or 16 would work well) with a more appealing villain. A big part of Arrow/Flash was always having a quite good villain. Astra was cool but Non was a...

wait for it...

...Non-Entity who pretty much obeyed the woman standing by him (Astra, Indigo).

Supergirl needs a dangerous and vicious villain, someone on the level of the Reverse-Flash or Zoom or Deathstroke. Badass, dangerous, looks cool as hell, evil motivation.

The show needs... the Cyborg-Superman. Everything is leading to it.
    Last edited by Slaughter; 05-09-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Now I understand the changes of Supergirl comic in rebirth.. If the series had ended.. it had not been possible.

I donīt see the serie.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If the show doesn't return, I will be bummed. It started weak,but developed into the best live action Superman anything in awhile.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post

Oh yeah please get rid of "James Olsen". He's boring, he's annoying, the actor is inappropriate (if you want Jimmy to be black, get us something more of a black nerd rather than someone who could play John Henry Irons in young flashbacks).
    Maybe the real Jimmy "Mr. Action" Olsen shows up and tases "James Olsen" in the back, revealing that "James Olsen" was a Cadmus clone/infiltrator.

A good thing is that this being 2nd season, a lot is established already and they can do more interesting things now that the foundations are there. Supergirl is a trusted super-hero who just saved the world and his gaining plenty of badass levels and not looking like a loser in comparison from her cousin, go from there.

I think the show also needs a tighter plot (less episodes? 18 or 16 would work well) with a more appealing villain. A big part of Arrow/Flash was always having a quite good villain. Astra was cool but Non was a...

wait for it...

...Non-Entity who pretty much obeyed the woman standing by him (Astra, Indigo).

Supergirl needs a dangerous and vicious villain, someone on the level of the Reverse-Flash or Zoom or Deathstroke. Badass, dangerous, looks cool as hell, evil motivation.

Or maybe Mecahud brooks could be recast as John Henry Irons- but then you wouldn't need Winn Schott anymore as Kara's IT guy.

Retired

I'm sure this is just an older (adopted) sibling--John Henry James Olsen--and the younger James Bartholomew Olsen is still in Metropolis. The clue is this Olsen prefers to be called James--obviously to distingiuish himself from his younger brother, who prefers to be called Jimmy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm sure this is just an older (adopted) sibling--John Henry James Olsen--and the younger James Bartholomew Olsen is still in Metropolis. The clue is this Olsen prefers to be called James--obviously to distingiuish himself from his younger brother, who prefers to be called Jimmy.
    That doesn't make sense, but it would be nice actually, so the real Jimmy Olsen is still out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Or maybe Mecahud brooks could be recast as John Henry Irons- but then you wouldn't need Winn Schott anymore as Kara's IT guy.

Mehcad doesn't work as John Henry Irons - John Henry in the comics is drawn as a mountain of a man while still... I don't know, looking like a very intelligent man. Mehcad could't pull off John Henry. Hard to pull any actor who would look like John Henry Irons.

Also Irons is a engineer/scientist not a programmer. Different skillset.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looks like they may have jumped the gun on the Flash crossover! If they'd waited until the second season, everybody could have lived on the same Earth!

The should do like they did in the New 52 comic books. Have her father Zor-El be who she found in the pod. Only Zor-El has been turned into Cyborg Superman by Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Looks like they may have jumped the gun on the Flash crossover! If they'd waited until the second season, everybody could have lived on the same Earth!
    A rip in the space-time fabric occurs and the two universes are united. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    If the show doesn't return, I will be bummed. It started weak,but developed into the best live action Superman anything in awhile.
    After a slow start it really became a great show. I hope they don't have to get rid of J'onn if they move to CW and have to cut the special effects budget. It's so awesome to see him in live action.
    Supergirl is gonna have to make up excuses to not use her powers like the team on Legends of Tomorrow seems to do on every episode.

Supergirl: "It's such a lovely day I think I'll jog to the next emergency."