Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Wait...am I reading this preview right?

Nuperman tells Wonder Woman that he needs to say "goodbye" in person...and a few pages later he says "let's go find my double".

Now, I know WW, Supes and Bats have been searching for Solar Flare Man...but this seems like something else...

Does this mean Nuperman and Superdad have already met off panel, I.E., somewhere in the missing 5 years between the first arc of ACTION and SUPERMAN #1?

I mean, it looks like Nuperman at least knows his doppleganger exists and that's where they are going, but if they've never met, I don't see why Nuperman feels like he has to say goodbye.

If they have met, that may explain some things. Like why Superdad didn't step in during FOREVER EVIL, DOOMED and the events of TRUTH. Perhaps Nuperman has been covertly watching out for Superdad and his family off panel in the last 5 years or so. and maybe Nuperman told Superdad not to get involved all this time. Some sort of an agreement to keep Superdad safe. Maybe as it was in the silver age with Kara, Superdad was Nuperman's secret weapon or "Plan B" to handle things he didn't have the time to take care himself or couldn't take on publicly, and thus Superdad stayed out of the really big stuff just in case Nuperman failed or fell or got corrupted etc, and now that he's dying Nuperman feels it's time to bring his "Plan B" out of the shadows and pass on the mantle.

It also may explain why he's not wasting time trying to avert his death. He knows there will still be a Superman without him around.

I know, it's a very weak explanation to "fix" some really poor planning on the part of editorial and how they've handled Superdad and the Lois & Clark book and the glaring continuity and characterization problems inherent in the set up they went for,but I could buy something like that to be the in story explanation for getting themselves out of the narrative corner editorial and Jurgens painted Superdad into with the whole "living among us for 9 years in secret but standing by while the world nearly ended several times over" concept. "See? It's all ok because 52 Superman told him to stay out of the big stuff just in case he needed him to take over someday! He wasn't abandoning Earth for his family! No, he was just doing what Nuperman wished! "

In fact given the limited time we have until the status quo change, I think this is the way they (very poorly) explain all of this.
    He is talking about his solar flare double. I think that superdad might save new 52 Lois and then he will meet with new52supes

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    He is talking about his solar flare double. I think that superdad might save new 52 Lois and then he will meet with new52supes
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too...but reread the dialogue with Wonder Woman. He says he needs to say goodbye. I doubt he wants to say goodbye to the solar flare double.

Edit: I just reread it again...i honestly don't know what to think. Tayswift may be right and I may have misread the context.

I guess we will find out in a couple days.

BANNED

FINALLY the new 52 Superman will see what A REAL SUPERMAN is like, A Superman that is happily married to HIS Lois Lane and has a child with her.

Maybe that will take the wind out of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship. Which I truthfully never been a fan of.

BANNED

Wait...am I reading this preview right?

Nuperman tells Wonder Woman that he needs to say "goodbye" in person...and a few pages later he says "let's go find my double".

Now, I know WW, Supes and Bats have been searching for Solar Flare Man...but this seems like something else...

Does this mean Nuperman and Superdad have already met off panel, I.E., somewhere in the missing 5 years between the first arc of ACTION and SUPERMAN #1?

I mean, it looks like Nuperman at least knows his doppleganger exists and that's where they are going, but if they've never met, I don't see why Nuperman feels like he has to say goodbye.

If they have met, that may explain some things. Like why Superdad didn't step in during FOREVER EVIL, DOOMED and the events of TRUTH. Perhaps Nuperman has been covertly watching out for Superdad and his family off panel in the last 5 years or so. and maybe Nuperman told Superdad not to get involved all this time. Some sort of an agreement to keep Superdad safe. Maybe as it was in the silver age with Kara, Superdad was Nuperman's secret weapon or "Plan B" to handle things he didn't have the time to take care himself or couldn't take on publicly, and thus Superdad stayed out of the really big stuff just in case Nuperman failed or fell or got corrupted etc, and now that he's dying Nuperman feels it's time to bring his "Plan B" out of the shadows and pass on the mantle.

It also may explain why he's not wasting time trying to avert his death. He knows there will still be a Superman without him around.

I know, it's a very weak explanation to "fix" some really poor planning on the part of editorial and how they've handled Superdad and the Lois & Clark book and the glaring continuity and characterization problems inherent in the set up they went for,but I could buy something like that to be the in story explanation for getting themselves out of the narrative corner editorial and Jurgens painted Superdad into with the whole "living among us for 9 years in secret but standing by while the world nearly ended several times over" concept. "See? It's all ok because 52 Superman told him to stay out of the big stuff just in case he needed him to take over someday! He wasn't abandoning Earth for his family! No, he was just doing what Nuperman wished! "

In fact given the limited time we have until the status quo change, I think this is the way they (very poorly) explain all of this.
    Yeah, but for new 52 Superman to tell the former Superman to stay out of the major new 52 DC events, just feels off. Even for a Superman with a child and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah, but for new 52 Superman to tell the former Superman to stay out of the major new 52 DC events, just feels off. Even for a Superman with a child and wife.
    Yeah, it is weak. I said so earlier,but I could buy that being the In-Story reason they use to explain it all. It's probably more likely they just ignore the glaring elephant in the room of the fact that during FOREVER EVIL and DOOMED, when this world had a Superman that was out of commission, there was another who could have stepped up to help,but didn't. I know it's implied Superdad has had power fluctuations,but spell it out.

BANNED

Yeah that's what I thought at first too...but reread the dialogue with Wonder Woman. He says he needs to say goodbye. I doubt he wants to say goodbye to the solar flare double.

Edit: I just reread it again...i honestly don't know what to think. Tayswift may be right and I may have misread the context.

I guess we will find out in a couple days.

he pretty much say to find his solar flare imposter.

FINALLY the new 52 Superman will see what A REAL SUPERMAN is like, A Superman that is happily married to HIS Lois Lane and has a child with her.

Maybe that will take the wind out of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship. Which I truthfully never been a fan of.
    nah. it's called fan service, it happens when writers are bad on their jobs (see arrow); After darkseid war that is clear WW doesn't love him or superman doesn't love her. on superman #50 he was pretty into Lois Lane (he was always into her even dating WW).

anyway most people won't even remember new 52 superman after june
    Last edited by Tayswift; 05-09-2016 at 09:17 AM.

...and could we stop with this "REAL SUPERMAN" stuff? It's annoying when both sides have done it recently.

They are BOTH the "REAL" Superman. It just so happens one is native to the current continuity, one is not at the moment.

...and could we stop with this "REAL SUPERMAN" stuff? It's annoying when both sides have done it recently.

They are BOTH the "REAL" Superman. It just so happens one is native to the current continuity, one is not at the moment.
    I agree, they are all Supermen.
    At this point, they should do a "Will the real Superman, please stand up." kinda joke. Please stand up, please stand up. Hahaha. All the Kal-Els from every continuity/Earth rapping in a horrorcore music video about it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I agree, they are all Supermen.
    At this point, they should do a "Will the real Superman, please stand up." kinda joke. Please stand up, please stand up. Hahaha. All the Kal-Els from every continuity/Earth rapping in a horrorcore music video about it.
    Yep, get em ALL in there.

PreCrisis, Golden Age, Silver Age, Donner-verse, DCAU,Snyder verse, Lois and Clark-verse, New 52 verse...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nah. The topic changed. Diana asks if it's necessary to see everybody so at that point it sounds like they're talking about someone else. Although I'm pretty sure Bruce and Diana wouldn't know about SuperDad.

Yep, get em ALL in there.

PreCrisis, Golden Age, Silver Age, Donner-verse, DCAU,Snyder verse, Lois and Clark-verse, New 52 verse...
    From recent developments, it may just turn into Affleck-verse.

Interesting Preview. Makes me wonder what his long term plan was before this problem started up. It really is ambiguous when he says "double" and I think that may have been on purpose. Maybe. I don't think the Supermen have met yet but it's possible Clark knows of him. I'm just now wondering how that situation with Lois is gonna go. Who'll save her, if she even really needs saving? Also... is this guy gonna be the villain of this whole arc or will there be someone in the shadows?

BANNED

one is a bad version and another is pretty close to what superman should be

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. The topic changed. Diana asks if it's necessary to see everybody so at that point it sounds like they're talking about someone else. Although I'm pretty sure Bruce and Diana wouldn't know about SuperDad.
    it is weird because he say he won't stop until he catches his flare lens imposter, then after it he say he needs to say goodbye.
    This just don't make sense. and from the mini doesn't look like superdad even meet new52supes
    Last edited by Tayswift; 05-09-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

So in order to be a "real Superman" said Superman has to be married to his Lois Lane? Please.

[
    The REAL is the first Superman.... But it seems that new 52 superman shares some of his personality do not like to some fans. They have remained stuck in the previous version and it is able to give up everything.

I am able to see the current Superman with Lois.. Since Superman 50 I thought it was going to be the future and with this... have everything related to superman unchanged.. The moment with Lois in Superman 51 moment was beautiful.. My only problem is Steve with Diana Poor woman..

BUT NO.. Superdad, it does not belong to this world and can not have everything he had in the past. Now he in rebirth, and ALL sacrificed for a superman with son.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2016 at 09:59 AM.

nah. it's called fan service, it happens when writers are bad on their jobs (see arrow); After darkseid war that is clear WW doesn't love him or superman doesn't love her. on superman #50 he was pretty into Lois Lane (he was always into her even dating WW).

Why do you mean he was into Lois he called her his best friend when he talked to her in #51 of Superman he even held out on telling Diana that he was dying since he telling her would be the hardest so no he's not into lois.