Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    IDIOT. You enjoy a lot of this, no? His death is the only reason you see this saga.

The REAL is the first Superman..
    .. But it seems that new 52 superman shares some of his personality do not like to some fans. They have remained stuck in the previous version and it is able to give up everything.

I am able to see the current Superman with Lois.. Since Superman 50 I thought it was going to be the future and with this... have everything related to superman unchanged.. The moment with Lois in Superman 51 moment was beautiful.. My only problem is Steve with Diana

BUT NO.. Superdad, it does not belong to this world and can not have everything he had in the past. Now he in rebirth, and ALL sacrificed for a superman with son.
    Dude, I understand being a little angry with this particular poster (been there MANY times)...but no need to call someone an idiot.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Why be angry and directly insult people when you can be outrageously sarcastic? Make jokes and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    one is a bad version and another is pretty close to what superman should be

it is weird because he say he won't stop until he catches his flare lens imposter, then after it he say he needs to say goodbye.
    This just don't make sense. and from the mini doesn't look like superdad even meet new52supes
    "bad" is subjective. Many people like this Clark. A lot of people, like me, want to see both. When written well, this Clark is both nice and fun. Really any character will be good when written well but the difference here is the history of the two. One is a family man, the other is a bachelor.

This arc is becoming more and more repetitive and, as a result, it's losing both plot and emotional momentum for me. It still also reads as very forced on the romantic front between Superman and Wonder Woman whose reconciliation, to me, has yet to feel earned. Anyway, this preview was exceedingly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    "bad" is subjective. Many people like this Clark. A lot of people, like me, want to see both. When written well, this Clark is both nice and fun. Really any character will be good when written well but the difference here is the history of the two. One is a family man, the other is a bachelor.
    Exactly right. SUPERMAN #51 proved Nuperman is just as much Superman as any version. You just have to write him well.

The thing is BOTH of these guys have been written horribly. Nuperman HAS been written as a selfish bullying Jerk, Pre-Flashpoint Superman has been written as a hypocritical weak willed coward. Haters of the versions of course seize on the worst incidents of writing and use it as "proof" that the version they hate sucks and then use the best examples of how "their" Superman is written as proof to how much their favorite is superior to the other one.

Nuperman is not the sum total of stuff like feeding Lois to the Parasite to protect his identity, and Superdad is not the sum total of stuff like moping around and navel gazing as he walked across the country. It just means they both have had writers who just don't get the character hired by editors that are at best ambivalent and at worst are hostle toward the character.

It's the creators, not the character.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Dude, I understand being a little angry with this particular poster (been there MANY times)...but no need to call someone an idiot.
    Yes... You are right.. That man offended me when he said at the beginning of rebirth people forget him.. And call him bad version.. he only see this because he knows the purpose of this saga.

I never had problems with the old version, I saw most of his serie.. although the last chapter looked more weak.. or things are mine because I lost completely my interest in he..I thought I could tolerate the character with beard

Another thing.. Great avatar of Zod.. I loved that movie.. I put in a post Best time Superman a video of the end of that movie when superman defeat the three 3 Kryptonian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    This arc is becoming more and more repetitive and, as a result, it's losing both plot and emotional momentum for me. It still also reads as very forced on the romantic front between Superman and Wonder Woman whose reconciliation, to me, has yet to feel earned. Anyway, this preview was exceedingly dull.
    I mostly agree. Last issue just was Meh at best. Hopefully this is the worst part of the issue and it gets better.

This story only has three issues left! It needs to REALLY ramp up.

Yes... You are right..

But it seems that he only see this because he knows the purpose of this saga.

Another thing.. Great avatar of Zod.. I loved that movie.. I put in a post Best time Superman a video of the end of that movie when superman defeat the three 3 Kryptonian.
    Thanks! I forget where i got it from now. It's a painting I found online from an artist whose name I have forgotten. they did a really cool pic of the Chris Reeve Superman that I almost used instead.

Yeah, that was a cool moment. I always liked that music swell as Superman just lifts Zod up triumphant.

Thanks! I forget where i got it from now. It's a painting I found online from an artist whose name I have forgotten. they did a really cool pic of the Chris Reeve Superman that I almost used instead.

Yeah, that was a cool moment. I always liked that music swell as Superman just lifts Zod up triumphant.
    The last with Zod, Man of Steel was too destructive... I left the cinema at the end of the movie and not know what to think.. But that movie was very good.

Curiously, I heard about the actor who played Zod in that film after the movie of 2013... I do not remember very well .. It sounds like it was some fans who were comparing the movies and by chance they see and recognized him..

Really.. Imposes your avatar .. looks a dictator.. A Roman emperor saying that killing someone. Pointing out with the finger down... The Zod of 2013 was bigger but the former Zod scares me most in this avatar... GREAT CHOICE.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-09-2016 at 10:44 AM.

The last with Zod was too destructive ... I left the cinema at the end of the movie and not know what to think.. But that movie was very good.

Curiously, I heard about the actor who played Zod in that film after the movie of 2013... I do not remember very well .. It sounds like it was some fans who were comparing the movies and by chance they see and recognized him..

Really .. Imposes your avatar .. looks its appearance dictator .. Or a Roman emperor saying that killing someone. Pointing out with the finger down.
    Well I liked MAN OF STEEL and it's Zod...but Terrence Stamp's Zod is just hard to top.

I think the story you are referring to was in 2013, a group of guys went into a bathroom after a showing of MAN OF STEEL and they were all standing at the urinals discussing the movie and someone said something like " Well the movie was fine,but Terrence Stamp was a better Zod" One of the guys at the urinals, an older gentleman said with a smile in a familiar voice" and don't you ever forget it!!" and he walked out. They all realized it was Terrence Stamp himself!

Anyway sorry everyone for the topic derailing fan geeking. Lets get back to complaining/speculating over the ACTION preview!

Yeah, it is weak. I said so earlier,but I could buy that being the In-Story reason they use to explain it all. It's probably more likely they just ignore the glaring elephant in the room of the fact that during FOREVER EVIL and DOOMED, when this world had a Superman that was out of commission, there was another who could have stepped up to help,but didn't. I know it's implied Superdad has had power fluctuations,but spell it out.
    I think Superdad's power fluctuations were caused by Vandal Savage when he stole the Nu52 Superman's powers. Being from another universe, it didn't fully affect him but did cause the power fluctuations like it did to Supergirl, except it took hers too.

You know, I don't like this "Last Days Of Superman" storyline. I don't understand why New 52 Superman (Nuperman, I've seen him called?) has to die. Now, don't get me wrong - I actually like pre-Flashpoint Superman (Superdad?) WAYYYYY more than Nuperman. I buy both Lois and Clark and Superman/Action Comics. But I have no problem with Nuperman being the "main" Superman. I have no problem with Nuperman or his relationship with Wonder Woman. Since I DO NOT like New 52 Lois, I really wanted Nuperman and Wonder Woman to stay together.

I figured Superdad could be this DCU's version of a "golden age" Superman. He could teach Nuperman things about Krypton, be a mentor to him. It would have created a situation not unlike the Jay Garrick/Barry Allen/Wally West dynamic, wherein Superdad would mentor both Nuperman and his own son. Rebirth could have even brought over some "legacy" characters from the pre-Flashpoint era, added Superdad, and made a new version of the Justice Society of America, which would have restored the sense of history and legacy. At the same time, Nuperman would be the mainstream Superman with the JLA.

Marvel has, what, 3 Spider-Men now, along with 3 or 4 Spider-Women? So why couldn't both Supermen just exist at the same time on different teams?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    I think Superdad's power fluctuations were caused by Vandal Savage when he stole the Nu52 Superman's powers. Being from another universe, it didn't fully affect him but did cause the power fluctuations like it did to Supergirl, except it took hers too.
    He was having power fluctuations long before that, though. I think that cause is more natural than that.

Superman says only, that he love Wonder Woman, but where is the action, which can prove his words?

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post

he pretty much say to find his solar flare imposter.

nah. it's called fan service, it happens when writers are bad on their jobs (see arrow); After darkseid war that is clear WW doesn't love him or superman doesn't love her. on superman #50 he was pretty into Lois Lane (he was always into her even dating WW).

anyway most people won't even remember new 52 superman after june
    Tomasi always ignores other comics with Superman or with Wonder Woman. And comic sm / ww proves it. He does what fans sm / ww tell him.