Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Ledger Joker was excellent.
    I know there were other circumstances to the accolades Ledger got for that, but I really didn't like that portrayal and for me it made the movie very difficult to rewatch. I felt it was inappropriately nasty and over the top, leading to a needlessly dark tone where murder and extreme violence was casual and laughed at. When people criticise cinema for glorifying violence it is this kind of movie they point at, and the choices made over The Joker both in directorion and acting brought that unsettling aspect where the camera and the movie ends up loving the villain and making the antagonist the central character (even when the antagonist couldn't possibly do what he does and instead is just a vehicle for chaos).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

X-Men : Apocalypse run continued as this week the film passed X-Men : The Last Stand to be the 2nd highest grossing X-Men film. Its at $478+ million and should likely get to $500 million worldwide next week.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Damn. X-Men A is limping to $500 million.

This Friday Finding Dory will likely kill X-Men, TMNT and Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Damn. X-Men A is limping to $500 million.

This Friday Finding Dory will likely kill X-Men, TMNT and Warcraft.
    Its not gonna do X-Men : Days of Future Past money. But its gonna do around $500-550 million more than likely. Making it the 2nd biggest X-Men film in the series. Not a bad deal for it. Since the last film had both the old and new cast. This one introduced new younger cast members in roles.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not gonna do X-Men : Days of Future Past money. But its gonna do around $500-550 million more than likely. Making it the 2nd biggest X-Men film in the series. Not a bad deal for it. Since the last film had both the old and new cast. This one introduced new younger cast members in roles.
    The way things are going, I don't think it's going to make $550 Million. Maybe $520, because the market is starting to get saturated stateside and overseas. It's going to be tough sledding.

Warcraft is a massive hit in China even more than XMA was. The movie is going to make $500 million. $550 million is a bit far fetched at this point.

$550 million world wide is a stretch at this point. Also, you're forgetting Deadpool. X-Men A will be the 3rd highest grossing film in the X franchise.

Deadpool
    DOFP
    Apocalypse
    X3
    The Wolverine
    X2
    XMO
    FC
    X1

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    The way things are going, I don't think it's going to make $550 Million. Maybe $520, because the market is starting to get saturated stateside and overseas. It's going to be tough sledding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Warcraft is a massive hit in China even more than XMA was. The movie is going to make $500 million. $550 million is a bit far fetched at this point.
    That is why I predicted between $500-550. I didn't say its gonna do $550 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    $550 million world wide is a stretch at this point. Also, you're forgetting Deadpool. X-Men A will be the 3rd highest grossing film in the X franchise.

Deadpool
    DOFP
    Apocalypse
    X3
    The Wolverine
    X2
    XMO
    FC
    X1
    I posted the X-Men film series. Its the 2nd highest grossing of that series. It also retained a decent percentage overseas of the people who tuned in for Days of Future Past. This film will do $150+ million here US domestic. (Its already at $136+ million).

I posted the X-Men film series. Its the 2nd highest grossing of that series. It also retained a decent percentage overseas of the people who tuned in for Days of Future Past. This film will do $150+ million here US domestic. (Its already at $136+ million).
    But the Xavier Mansion, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead all make appearances, and Wolverine and the 2 professor X's (MacAvoy and Stewart) are referenced. I say that's enough to consider Deadpool an X-Men film. The same way we do the Wolverine films.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men Apocalypse and think it can either be left there nicely or lead to other hopefully fabulous films.

BANNED

I saw it yesterday, it was fairly decent. McAvoy and Fassbender were top notch as usual, Evan Peters as Quicksilver was great, but JLaw looked bored, and the rest of the cast forgettable. The SFX were great, though, especially with the enhanced Magneto powers.
    It continued quite well with the changed time-line aspect, however, showing that Mystique is fully a hero at this point, and Magneto an uneasy, yet ambiguous ally.

BANNED

And I hope Fox realizes the Deadpool should show up in some capacity in the next X-Flick, along with thick Russian-accent Colossus.

Incredible Member

oops......
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    And I hope Fox realizes the Deadpool should show up in some capacity in the next X-Flick, along with thick Russian-accent Colossus.
    I can't believe how much I loved Colossus but I did (on par with DP or maybe more), I found his scenes funnier than they should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Well, unless the movie takes place in the present or Cable is introduced, i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I can't believe how much I loved Colossus but I did (on par with DP or maybe more), I found his scenes funnier than they should have been.
    "Dad ?".