Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I got the impression Zemo knew what happened but needed proof. That video was more effective then some Deciphered Hydra file woulda been. Did he know he would find video evidence, doubt it. I can respect your opinion though as there are alot of thing around Zemo that they didnt Iron out.
    I got the impression Zemo had the end goal of "destroy the Avengers" and was modifying his plan as he went and discovered more information. He knew there was something to the mission report, and once he found out, he adjusted to take advantage of it. Granted he had an insane amount of lucky breaks, but still.

Not saying XM:A is a flawless movie by any stretch. While CW did a fantastic job of giving umpteen costumed characters something to do, XM:A did not. And why does Apocalypse go through the trouble of finding Horsemen when he's pretty capable of doing a lot of damage by himself? His ego would be my guess, he thinks he's a god, he wants followers, and he wants his followers to do his bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Does the Dark Side hand out out some kind of rewards cards to frequent visitors? Because given the number of times, over the course of the film series, Magneto has gone over and come back, he should have enough points for a couple of free lattes at least.
    There should at least be some kind of accountability at this point. "It's ok Magneto, you killed a whole bunch of people, but it was ok since you were just really angry again. Try not to do it again, but when you do it will still be totally ok, don't worry about it."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    There should at least be some kind of accountability at this point. "It's ok Magneto, you killed a whole bunch of people, but it was ok since you were just really angry again. Try not to do it again, but when you do it will still be totally ok, don't worry about it."
    It wasn't just the angry but Apoc's super persuasion that takes hold on people he enhances. Xavier even mentioned that he tapped into his anger.

That shouldn't remove all accountability, though. Hell, with Moira's assistance, they glossed over his involvement to the world's governments.

Even if there is no punitive action, you'd think Magneto would be upset at the mutant deaths he likely caused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    [/B]

The thing is Singer can't do bombast comic book type movies. Its not in his wheelhouse. He tried to do it here, but he failed. The same way a Liefeld or Larsen type creator could/should never draw a Sandman or Watchmen comic and vice versa. The cool thing is we have 2 different Colossuses we can compare and it pretty much speaks for itself on how both directors, Singer and Miller, interpret the source material.
    So much agree with this. I'd pay Lobo to hunt Liefield down if he ever did a Sandman book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    I got the impression Zemo had the end goal of "destroy the Avengers" and was modifying his plan as he went and discovered more information. He knew there was something to the mission report, and once he found out, he adjusted to take advantage of it. Granted he had an insane amount of lucky breaks, but still.

Not saying XM:A is a flawless movie by any stretch. While CW did a fantastic job of giving umpteen costumed characters something to do, XM:A did not. And why does Apocalypse go through the trouble of finding Horsemen when he's pretty capable of doing a lot of damage by himself? His ego would be my guess, he thinks he's a god, he wants followers, and he wants his followers to do his bidding.
    So much agree.
    It's really getting tiring that MCU gets beat up on by supposed comic fans, because their particular film wasn't good. My movie got shredded, I still loved it. Am I supposed to blame the MCU for that?

I am a fan of all things Alice, games, toys, books, etc. So I knew going into the movie it wasn't a deep philosophical movie. I just wanted to see Alice, Mad hatter and crew. Totally enjoyed it for what it was, fun 2hours of Alice fulfillment.

Me watching Alice today.

How I felt watching X-men last week.

I wanted it to be better. I loved First Class, and DoFP. Psylocke and Storm my favorite X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It wasn't just the angry but Apoc's super persuasion that takes hold on people he enhances. Xavier even mentioned that he tapped into his anger.
    So how many times does, "it's ok, Magneto because you were angry." make it ok? This was not the first time. If anything, it's a recurring theme.

K. I actually liked the movie having finally seen it. Sure there were a bunch of holes in character progression and some parts, but this is the most give yourself over to comics and not give a damn about some logistic I have ever seen the xmen. This was the most xmen movie yet, and I loved it.

Magneto and the others quasi flip flops I am choosing to explain via Apo having amplified whatever lingering emotions they had via his amping. Something like MCU Hive did but without the pleasure stimulation. And Jean looking Apo at the end was kinda wtf they had this sleeping giant. But xmen comics have done this before. In an ultimate Marvel run Jeah solved a problem by lol going Phoenix.

Game of thrones Sophie Turner did a fine job, although it was obvious she was suppressing her accent. I look forward to seeing her in future movies. Good movie. Enjoyed almost as much as first class. Could have been a bit more cheery, but overall I liked it. Wanted to see the xmen inMCU, but this is alright.

Olivia Much was also so damn hot. Theater was 100% full and people clapped at the end.

Glad to see mags trying to do good again. This version of Xavier is like the comic version eventually became. He is OK with some brutality.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-29-2016 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    There was nothing to suggest that the Horsemen were being mind-controlled. "Tapping into his anger" just means that Apocalypse used Eric's rage at humans as a way to get him to buy into what Apocalypse was selling. But he didn't coerce or control Eric or the others to do anything. If he had, then Magneto and Storm wouldn't have turned on him at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Olivia Much was also so damn hot. Theater was 100% full and people clapped at the end.
    Wow. That's good to hear .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Thing is though, fans and audiences crawled up Superman's ass for the destruction and gloss over in MOS. And yet Star Into Darkness, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Age of Ultron, The Force Awakens and Civil War all have massive destruction that is glossed over at the end of their respective films and no one bats an eye. X-Men Apocalypse seems to be the new target for "glossing" over the destruction and death toll. When, like you said, nearly everyone is doing it nowadays.
    Civil War and Age of Ultron don't gloss over the death toll. Indeed, CW has that a major plot point.

On the other hand, even if Magneto did not kill thousands during his magnetic field stunt he still murdered a dozen men in the forest who were only trying to apprehend a wanted criminal. He would have killed every man in that factory if Apocalypse hadn't beaten him to it. So Prof X just letting him stroll merrily on his way at the end of the movie is, IMO, pretty weak storytelling.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Civil War and Age of Ultron don't gloss over the death toll. Indeed, CW has that a major plot point.

On the other hand, even if Magneto did not kill thousands during his magnetic field stunt he still murdered a dozen men in the forest who were only trying to apprehend a wanted criminal. He would have killed every man in that factory if Apocalypse hadn't beaten him to it. So Prof X just letting him stroll merrily on his way at the end of the movie is, IMO, pretty weak storytelling.
    I didn't say death toll. I said destruction.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    You forget that there is still good in him so it's forgivable no matter how many he kills.

Worked for Darth Vader.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    There was nothing to suggest that the Horsemen were being mind-controlled. "Tapping into his anger" just means that Apocalypse used Eric's rage at humans as a way to get him to buy into what Apocalypse was selling. But he didn't coerce or control Eric or the others to do anything. If he had, then Magneto and Storm wouldn't have turned on him at the end.
    Except Singer mentioned this in interviews several months ago. It was more like brainwashing than mind control and there were massive suggestions. Here is a list:

-Storm is against the idea killing but when she gets her power increased she flip-flops on board.
    -When Xavier's power is increased in the nuke scene it is blatantly obvious that Apocalypse is influencing to do that.
    -Magneto acts all spaced out after he becomes a horseman.

The "they wouldn't have turned on him at the end" argument is weak. Considering that this happened in the source material with Angel and we have seen it in plenty of other movies where the power of friendship over comes brainwashing(The Winter Soldier).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-30-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I didn't say death toll. I said destruction.
    ...and death toll. It's in your statement I quoted
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor