Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    I found his scene with Apoc is even more absurd and comical, I was like "Is this for real?"
    spoilers:
    I actually thought Quicksilver vs. Apocalypse was one of the most logical parts of the film. His speed level in these films is absurd, but I'm glad someone finally acknowledged that the force generated from a super fast punch would be insane. That, to me, was one of Apocalypse's greatest showings of durability in the film.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I think the movie has some of the same problems the last film had. People are introduced and are mere background. I would have liked less Xavier, Magneto or Mystique and more stuff with the new characters(esp. Jean and Scott). I hope if Lawrence, Avery and Fassbender are really leaving for good the next movie focus on the new ones and perhaps we get a version of rogue that is more like her comic version. But i think for that Singer would have to leave.

I saw this last night and just read this review. Very accurate. I give it a very, very generous 3/10. So bummed it wasn't good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I hate that the first review I've seen is a negative one. But I'm still excited for the film.

Hopefully this is a minority opinion but time will tell as the reviews roll in.

Reviews don't affect my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of a movie but they can impact a film's success, which is why I had hoped it would be a critical success.

Don't feel bad, Kristy Puchko always writes negative reviews.

Its a damn shame, I had given up on the X-Men movies after The Last Stand, but someone convinced me to watch Days of Future Past while it was on premium movie channel and I loved it to a strong degree. I went back and saw First Class which was solid, had high hopes for this one since I love Apocalypse but I see the dread trilogy let down has struck the X-Men franchise once again based off all these reviews and descriptions I am hearing. I will save the cash and check it out when it hits TV.

loved it. a true thrill for me from beginning to end. the opening sequence was so great, but doesn't even hold a candle to that final battle scene!

jubilee also had way more presence and lines than other people on these boards and quite frankly in the news had led me to believe. i walked into the theater almost heartbroken at the reduction of jubilee. but she was there, she was interacting with the others, and she was super cute and fun. loved her slow-motion hair flip when they were coming back from the mall! <3

i can see why some people would have their complaints, but IMO these extremely negative reviews i have seen ... one article called it a "franchise killer" ... they must have paid for a movie i didn't go see.

because x-men apocalypse was big, loud, fun, and well-crafted. and while it did have flaws, none of them were unforgivable. not even close.

i walked out of the theater as one extremely happy x-men fan.

Well, that was okay. That's it. Okay. Not a well crafted film. Just okay.

i also think jean fans in particular are going to be extremely happy. i won't spoil but jean gets lots of time to shine (literally and figuratively).

there were so many iconic moments pulled straight from the pages of the comics! bring your handbook so you don't miss any!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    loved it. a true thrill for me from beginning to end. the opening sequence was so great, but doesn't even hold a candle to that final battle scene!

jubilee also had way more presence and lines than other people on these boards and quite frankly in the news had led me to believe. i walked into the theater almost heartbroken at the reduction of jubilee. but she was there, she was interacting with the others, and she was super cute and fun. loved her slow-motion hair flip when they were coming back from the mall! <3

i can see why some people would have their complaints, but IMO these extremely negative reviews i have seen ... one article called it a "franchise killer" ... they must have paid for a movie i didn't go see.

because x-men apocalypse was big, loud, fun, and well-crafted. and while it did have flaws, none of them were unforgivable. not even close.

i walked out of the theater as one extremely happy x-men fan.

I loved the movie but the box office will determine whether the bolded part applies. It all depends on how much Fox really spent and what they expect to make. We may not know until such time as the next X-Men movies starts production. If it is with the new cast I will be happy. If not then crap.

Saw it last night and really liked it. Apocalypse is a boring villain in every comic story, except for Age of Apocalypse, and he's pretty boring here (comic accurate boring!). Nevertheless, the movie was full of character moments, had some nice surprises, and was well worth the ticket to see it. It set up some potentially very interesting stuff for the future of the franchise.

Franchise killer? LOL! Thats got to have come from some Marvel/Disney shill. People in the theater applauded several times, laughed at many points, and were emotionally invested in the film.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    spoilers:
    I actually thought Quicksilver vs. Apocalypse was one of the most logical parts of the film. His speed level in these films is absurd, but I'm glad someone finally acknowledged that the force generated from a super fast punch would be insane. That, to me, was one of Apocalypse's greatest showings of durability in the film.
    end of spoilers
    QS's hand would've exploded with each punch. He has no durability and he doesnt have the speed force to protect him.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

i accidentally saw this in "4D" and was a bit surprised when i got to the theater. really was not expecting all those winds and water sprays. BUT, the interactive chairs were very fun! LOL i think my favorite part was zooming through cerebro with the professor.

if you have the chance, i recommend seeing it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I think the movie has some of the same problems the last film had. People are introduced and are mere background. I would have liked less Xavier, Magneto or Mystique and more stuff with the new characters(esp. Jean and Scott). I hope if Lawrence, Avery and Fassbender are really leaving for good the next movie focus on the new ones and perhaps we get a version of rogue that is more like her comic version. But i think for that Singer would have to leave.
    Thought Mcavoy and fassbender were coming back

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    And here I thought they couldn't get Storm worse. hate to say it but I think she is weaker here then in the first trilogy. At least then she can drop some tornados. Here she can barely toss a car. Its pathetic amongst other things. Usually Storm is an exception to the rule of poor minority potrayals. But really Singer just cant deliver on anything that is not a white guy.
    I felt the same way, that Storm was pretty weak and couldn't deal with something like a car and actually hid. She flip-flopped a little too easily in the movie. However I did like how the actress portrayed her, she just wasn't given much to work with. I didn't feel Olivia Munn added anything to the role of Psylocke and Angel's depiction was terrible, I didn't buy him in his role at all and feel the "full powering" of the horseman just didn't have a wow factor at all.

Jean Grey up to her shining moment was pretty bland for me, once again it's been said before that most of the characters weren't given a whole lot to work with and really if they wanted that shining moment for Jean to stand out even further they should have at least given her a moment where she had to actually hold back prior or showed more then what she did power wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    I didn't feel Olivia Munn added anything to the role of Psylocke and Angel's depiction was terrible, I didn't buy him in his role at all and feel the "full powering" of the horseman just didn't have a wow factor at all.
    Those two were definitely the weakest of the whole film. Just completely pointless characters, and had almost no lines. But then again, thats kind of how I feel about those two characters in the comics most of the time, too, so I guess its ok.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.