Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I can't shake off how "inspired" Spider-Gwen and Jessica's new costumes are from Anya's wardrobe.

Spider-Gwen looks like an updated Avengers Assemble Anya costume.

Jessica's modern costume looks like Anya's costume when she first started out. The googles/shades even have the same coloring.

Poor Anya is being pilfered by the other Spider-Ladies, huh?
    Thinking about it, I think that it comes down to the costumes intentions and how that kind of costumes are more appreciated nowadays.

Essentially, the point of the original Araña costume was practicality and commodity over the traditional superhero costumes. We all remember the scene where Anya makes fun of the more regular superhero costumes. So her reaction is "F-it, I'll make my own!". She choses to wear something that reflects her personality, is comfy and practical.

After that, they thought it would be a good idea to give her spandex. Jump to 2013/14 and we see that costumes that put commodity, practicality and reflect the character's personalities are all the rage (Batgirl, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen and more recently Spider-Woman).

I can see where they were going with the upgraded SG costume, making her less vulnerable. As Wolverine points out, Spider-Man wears a costume just like her's and the only reason he's alive is for pure luck. The upgrade gave her more punch, made her less vulnerable and the hoodie helped covering her -long- pony tail. As Batman has taught us, is never a good idea to fight crime with your hair down. And just like the previous case, this is becoming a trend among superheroes (Captain Marvel and Batgirl).

Sadly, it seems that nobody liked the costume -personally, with some twitches here and there I think it could have worked- and editorial just decided to ignore it. In this case,they could have gone all the way and give her a new costume altogether rather than just an upgrade.

Hopefully something positive happens for Anya to put her on the radar as it's a real shame that Anya is getting pushed aside because of the Spider-Gwen stuff. Bad enough that she lost her AA costume. No matter what anyone says I have a strong feeling that Anya was reverted to her old costume because the Spider-Gwen costume looked too much like her AA costume.

Heck MC2 Spider-Girl is being pushed aside because of the Spider-Gwen hype. Such as a few vocal persons at Marvel Heroes who're disappointed at the MC2 Spider-Girl Enhanced Costume because she isn't Spider-Gwen.
    Something that Phantom Roxas pointed out and I hadn't realized: Silk and Gwen are basically replacements for Anya and May, respectively.

Silk replaces Anya as the only woc in the Spider-Family in 616; meanwhile, Gwen replaces May as the alternate universe Spider-Woman from realities where Peter is ooa. They're basically the candy to distract everyone from the changes (death?) that Anya and May will be suffering post-SV.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 12-31-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Spider-Verse Team-Uo #3 TOMORROW, EVERYONE BUY IT!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It is sad that Anya has so few lines but hopefully she survives SV and Dan let's her be used in other books that may want her.

Really want Anya and Kamala to meet.

One hope for Anya.

The preview for Spider-Woman 4 has her standing there and supposed to take place AFTER Spider-Verse.

Course, it could be a flashback. I'm hopeful...kinda...not really...

I don't remember Anya being there though. She was leading her own team at the time that Spider-Gwen and Silk went to the ship.

I don't remember Anya being there though. She was leading her own team at the time that Spider-Gwen and Silk went to the ship.
    Exactly! Which could mean this happens some time later.

Still...I want to be hopeful. It's Spider-Man 2099, then the end of Spider-Verse (where this Spider-Woman issue also comes out the same day). I really just want Anya to live!

That's most likely happening during the final battle having the Spider Army split up between saving Silk, Kaine, Benjy and storming the fortress.

BANNED

Hopefully something positive happens for Anya to put her on the radar as it's a real shame that Anya is getting pushed aside because of the Spider-Gwen stuff. Bad enough that she lost her AA costume. No matter what anyone says I have a strong feeling that Anya was reverted to her old costume because the Spider-Gwen costume looked too much like her AA costume.

Heck MC2 Spider-Girl is being pushed aside because of the Spider-Gwen hype. Such as a few vocal persons at Marvel Heroes who're disappointed at the MC2 Spider-Girl Enhanced Costume because she isn't Spider-Gwen.
    As thing though is that she maynot be the proper MC-2 Mayday in the Spider-verse event and yes I'm going by what Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's most likely happening during the final battle having the Spider Army split up between saving Silk, Kaine, Benjy and storming the fortress.
    Yeah, I also think that. Probably after returning with Karn she went for them since they were left without communication and a way to escape.

Another thing: In the preview we also see Jess talking with Carol. If that scene takes place after SV, don't you think Jess would tell Carol that Anya is dead? She was her mentor and saw her as a mother figure, so it would make sense Jess telling Carol. But they look pretty happy in the preview, so I guess there's no need to tell her she's dead since she's alive! :crosses fingers:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Another thing: In the preview we also see Jess talking with Carol. If that scene takes place after SV, don't you think Jess would tell Carol that Anya is dead? She was her mentor and saw her as a mother figure, so it would make sense Jess telling Carol. But they look pretty happy in the preview, so I guess there's no need to tell her she's dead since she's alive! :crosses fingers:
    Depends on how much Carol remembers Anya after getting brain-wiped again a couple years ago.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

And we've got time for one from Alucard2099:

Are there any plans for a Spider-Girl Anya Corazon after Spider-verse if she survives (DO NOT KILL HER OFF!! Please!!)?

[Evil laughter] All I can say is, she definitely has a big role in the end of "Spider-Verse." You got a taste of it in #13 with her Spider-reading skills, but she will continue to have a pretty big role as we finish in the epilogue of "Spider-Verse." After that, she'd have to live through it, so I can't promise anything. I look forward to the love or hate mail this person sends me after "Spider-Verse" ends.
    In case you haven't seen it.

It is worrisome that they may be killing or even removing Anya from the picture to make room for Silk and Spider-Gwen or to "inspire" Spider-Woman or give her angst for her solo. Or worse, have her do something evil or be the next Weaver/Madame Webb type character.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Depends on how much Carol remembers Anya after getting brain-wiped again a couple years ago.
    Didn't Enemy Within happen before she became Anya's mentor?

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    It still would be Jess' duty to tell her. She may not had her memories but that doesn't erase the fact that Anya saw her like a mother figure. If Anya dies, I could see Jess telling Carol because it would be something important to Anya, and again, I don't precisely see Jess being sad on the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Didn't Enemy Within happen before she became Anya's mentor?
    No, Anya became Carol's sidekick during Civil War until Secret Invasion.

BANNED

It is worrisome that they may be killing or even removing Anya from the picture to make room for Silk and Spider-Gwen or to "inspire" Spider-Woman or give her angst for her solo. Or worse, have her do something evil or be the next Weaver/Madame Webb type character.
    I would be scared as well. When Editors joke I will miss Miles we know they are joking. Anya though.....