Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I don't see them killing Anya off in Spiderverse. Would say that anyone in 616 is safe from dying. As for deaths in Spiderverse I don't think we'll be seeing too much of that.

Would be cool for Anya to meet the Academy kids again, especially Reptil if he still yet lives as she would have seen Arena like everyone else.

Yes, Kamala and Anya should meet and they should meet up with Carol later with Anya trying to ease the introductions in between them.

Although Slott isn't the fridging kind of guy, in a event where the antagonist goes around killing spider-people, if he needs some MANPAIN for Peter Anya seems the only choice. It wouldn't be the first time he's done that (see: Ends of Earth) and from all the 616 spider-people she's the closest to Peter and he mentored her, so yeah, lots of angst there. (The fact that in the promotional banner she appears in the corner barely seen doesn't give me hope.)

Also when I asked Tom Brevoort on tumblr about the future of Anya he said that I should worry of her after SV. "WORRY".

Again, this is only IF they need some MANPAIN. Hopefully SV will be more along of SI and just be a lot of fun without any fridging.

And yeah, I'd love her to meet Kamala! We could have a reverse interaction of Anya/Carol and have Anya mentoring Kamala.

If they want to get to Peter they wont kill Anya, as he isn't that close to her and doesn't know her on a personal level, they would kill either Alternate Mary Jane that's Spider-Woman or one of his Alternate Spider-Daughters/Sons.

I'm just worried about her. I just have the feeling that if they need to kill someone the victim might be Anya. And then I'll have to wait yeeeears until someone decides to revive her I want to be wrong.

And speaking of MJ Spider-Woman I'd really like if they use the opportunity to get Anya out of the closet and pair her with MJ/SW...

They already killed Mattie during Grim Hunt. If they kill off another Spider-Girl in another big story, they'll be setting a rather unpleasant precedent.

I don't see the need to really kill anyone and if anyone would die it wouldn't be Anya. She did, after all, just get a new costume and big push as a new official Avengers member. I also don't think her new costume will even appear in Spiderverse but her more classic Spider-Girl costume. If that's the case she has 0% chance of dying as it would be before Avengers Assemble Story when she changed her costume.

Pretty sure Anya is straight as she's only been attracted to boys/men thus far. There hasn't been a single hint that she may be Gay or even Bi.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-18-2014 at 01:40 PM.

it would be morally abhorrent to kill off Spider-Girl.

Suuuuure....

"Straight"...

;D

Don't see it as her being shown as Bi or Gay as she isn't expressing interest for such a relationship with her friend. Just teases that amounted to nothing while Anya has made it clear that she's very interested in Guys around her age, such as with Reptil.

Anya also only refers to her as a Friend and that last pic is totally taken out of context.

Amazing Member

I got mocked for buying Anya's short lived series at my LCS...so I burned it to the ground. I understand that Anya typically doesn't sell well, but I'd love for her to be more prominent in other Spider-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    I got mocked for buying Anya's short lived series at my LCS...so I burned it to the ground. I understand that Anya typically doesn't sell well, but I'd love for her to be more prominent in other Spider-Books.
    Shouldn't let others mock you over how you spend your money. They're just angry that May "Mayday" Parker doesn't have a series anymore and they refused to give Anya a chance. If they should be mad at anyone it shouldn't be a fictional character whose nothing like May "Mayday" Parker in anyway as she's her own person.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-19-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    Ugh, what a bunch of douches! Don't listen to them, Anya is awesome! You're awesome! Worst for them, I would never again visit a place that mocks their costumers.

To get a bit more on topic, if there's a new Spider-Girl series what would you like it to be? I'd love if they play more the supernatural aspect of Anya's powers, seems like everyone forgot that she has supernatural origins. Same with the rogues gallery, mostly supernatural. Don't make her a female Peter Parker and her fighting his rogues gallery. And make her life look more like real life. (Like seriously, her parents are dead, she's still in high school and she can afford a apartment and still have enough money to buy a lot of shoes?)

Also, her coming out of the closet. Yes, I'll stick to that.

Well she seems to be heading on as full on Avengers now so I wouldn't be surprised to see her appearing on an Avengers team in the future with her new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Ugh, what a bunch of douches! Don't listen to them, Anya is awesome! You're awesome! Worst for them, I would never again visit a place that mocks their costumers.

To get a bit more on topic, if there's a new Spider-Girl series what would you like it to be? I'd love if they play more the supernatural aspect of Anya's powers, seems like everyone forgot that she has supernatural origins. Same with the rogues gallery, mostly supernatural. Don't make her a female Peter Parker and her fighting his rogues gallery. And make her life look more like real life. (Like seriously, her parents are dead, she's still in high school and she can afford a apartment and still have enough money to buy a lot of shoes?)

Also, her coming out of the closet. Yes, I'll stick to that.
    I may have said this before, but I really want Spider-girl to meet Mania and have the symbiote just be kinda over the whole spider-power thing. I really don't want Mania vs Spider-girl in the way that we have Venom vs Spider-man (and I would love for that dynamic to change now with Flash as Venom, but I won't hold my breath). I just think that Anya and Andi would get along very well and Anya could have a tempering effect on Andi, sort of inspiring a little more accountability in Andi (while Andi would totally rib Anya about it at every opportunity). Maybe throw Kamala into the mix (who would also get along great with Anya) and you have a break-out hit just waiting to be written… ok, maybe I'm the only one who would read it, but I really really want to read a book like that...