Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Spider-Girls is definitely an Anya story...

SPIDER-GIRLS #2

JODY HOUSER (W) ANDRES GENOLET (A) Cover by YASMINE PUTRI VARIANT COVER BY GANG HYUK LIM

A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!

* SPIDERLING's parents have gone to fight the Inheritors! Now she has to prove that MAY PARKER and ANYA CORAZON made the right choice bringing her on their mission!

* The mysteries of the SPIDER SOCIETY have been protected for centuries, but our heroes are running out of time to unravel them!

* And if the Inheritors learn about their mission, the SPIDER-GIRLS won't just be racing the clock -- they'll be running for their lives!

32 pages, $3.99.

Spider Society... that's tied to Arana, isn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Girls is definitely an Anya story...

SPIDER-GIRLS #2

JODY HOUSER (W) ANDRES GENOLET (A) Cover by YASMINE PUTRI VARIANT COVER BY GANG HYUK LIM

A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!

* SPIDERLING's parents have gone to fight the Inheritors! Now she has to prove that MAY PARKER and ANYA CORAZON made the right choice bringing her on their mission!

* The mysteries of the SPIDER SOCIETY have been protected for centuries, but our heroes are running out of time to unravel them!

* And if the Inheritors learn about their mission, the SPIDER-GIRLS won't just be racing the clock -- they'll be running for their lives!

32 pages, $3.99.

Spider Society... that's tied to Arana, isn't it?
    Yes, as Arana, Anya was the Hunter for the Spider Society in her initial series, after the Spider Society had been introduced in JMS's run on Spider-Man through Peter's would-be mentor Ezekiel. Of course, that went kind of pear-shaped by the end of the series, depicted in the one-shot Spider-Man/Arana: The Hunter Revealed (I think), and next time we saw Anya, she was being recruited by Carol Danvers for training during and after the original Civil War.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Makes sense that she's leading the charge: the whole Inheritors schtick is tied to her origin to a degree.

I also imagine Annie's vision power will be key to the story.

So, as a fun fact, Anya showed up last week in the trade Spider-Man: Demolition Days. It's a trade collecting the stories from the Spider-Man Magazine, which are loosely based on the tv show.

Particularly noteworthy, is that this could be the only time seeing Anya using the infamous predominantly white costume from early designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So, as a fun fact, Anya showed up last week in the trade Spider-Man: Demolition Days. It's a trade collecting the stories from the Spider-Man Magazine, which are loosely based on the tv show.

Particularly noteworthy, is that this could be the only time seeing Anya using the infamous predominantly white costume from early designs.
    I still find it hilarious how off some of those promotional art designs ended up being .

Wait a sec... you mean the UK mag? I thought Disney had mandated that Panini could only use US reprint? Instead, it contains original stories?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dunno how it works. Heck, I didn't even know it wasn't published in the US?

We do get the magazine in Mexico, which is why I can confirm that it's those stories it's collecting.

I bet they originate there. That would explain why Anya was featured at all.

Yeah, that magazine doesn't exist in the US.

I would love it if Anya was given another solo title. She has a ton of potential that has yet to be explored.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Her voice here definitely sounds like she's trying to match Melanie Minichino's Anya voice.

And you can tell they based the character designs off the promotional art designs since Anya has the white top half of her costume from the early Marvel's Spider-Man promo art .

I'm still waiting for this team-up to happen.

Source.