Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    I may have said this before, but I really want Spider-girl to meet Mania and have the symbiote just be kinda over the whole spider-power thing. I really don't want Mania vs Spider-girl in the way that we have Venom vs Spider-man (and I would love for that dynamic to change now with Flash as Venom, but I won't hold my breath). I just think that Anya and Andi would get along very well and Anya could have a tempering effect on Andi, sort of inspiring a little more accountability in Andi (while Andi would totally rib Anya about it at every opportunity). Maybe throw Kamala into the mix (who would also get along great with Anya) and you have a break-out hit just waiting to be written… ok, maybe I'm the only one who would read it, but I really really want to read a book like that...
    You're not the only one who'd read that, actually. I've been hankering for more Mania since reading the final Venom TPB and I bought all of the last five Avengers Assemble issues just to show my love and support for Anya. And I also agree that Anya and Kamala would be pretty interesting together. As for burning down your LCS for mocking your love of Anya, Conductor, if you're not kidding, that's majorly counterproductive, though I am hard-pressed to blame you for your outburst.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yes, yes! I agree, team up with both of them. I also would like her to team up with Aracely and America!

The Aracely one could be a exploration for their origins. Have both of them travel to Mexico to track down Sofía's murderer and discovering the origins behind cazador and Huitzilopochtli. Throw in there The Great Goddess of Teotihuacan or/and mayan goddess Ixchel, both related to spiders.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yes, yes! I agree, team up with both of them. I also would like her to team up with Aracely and America!

The Aracely one could be a exploration for their origins. Have both of them travel to Mexico to track down Sofía's murderer and discovering the origins behind cazador and Huitzilopochtli. Throw in there The Great Goddess of Teotihuacan or/and mayan goddess Ixchel, both related to spiders.
    That idea works awesomely, and the Great Goddess of Teotihuacan has been one I've been aware of since I started digging into spiders in mythology. Given the Mayan connection with Aracely, it would also be a nice way to tie in the various Spider-People.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I had really hoped that after the Avengers storyline, they would give Anya at least a mini series written by KSD. She had an awesome voice for Anya. Here's hoping that Marvel will have some plans for her post SV.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Anya does need to meet Kamala and even meet Carol again when she gets back from space.

I wonder if the team working on the Special for Spider-Man remember Anya and when she teamed up with Kingpin in Amazing Spider-Girl during Spider-Island. Would be nice to see an older Anya helping Peter against Kingpin.

(Copy/paste from my tumblr)

So I was cleaning my room and I got to dust-off my comic books. I have the not very good tendency of reading some of them once I finish cleaning them. It was the turn of Amazing Fantasy vol. 2 #1 aka Anya Corazón’s first appearance. I open it to read it…

I normally just skip this page but something caught my attention…

August 2004.

This August will be the 10th anniversary of Anya’s first appearance!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Anya does need to meet Kamala and even meet Carol again when she gets back from space.
    I wonder if Robinson will reunite her with Sue in FF. She did appear in Hickman's FF #11 (right before Fantastic Four #600), and Robinson has been bringing up old, and not so old, associates of the FF lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So I was cleaning my room and I got to dust-off my comic books. I have the not very good tendency of reading some of them once I finish cleaning them. It was the turn of Amazing Fantasy vol. 2 #1 aka Anya Corazón’s first appearance. I open it to read it…

August 2004.

This August will be the 10th anniversary of Anya’s first appearance!
    Hey, I do that too so it's definitely not a not very good tendency. And really, has been a decade already? Someone make a banner for Anya!

Oh wait. That's the cover date, but the actual release may be been two-three months earlier. Anyway, still a milestone.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Silly american comic books with weird dates! Why they aren't like mexican comic books that shows the specific date of release and retirement?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Any word if Anya will be in Spiderverse in some big capacity or if she'll be regulated to side character status?

Which Anya will be in Spiderverse? Before she got a costume change and became an Avenger? After? Or an alternate Anya like MC2?

She'll be part of Spider-Woman's team. Jess, Anya, Cindy and Gwen.
    http://comicsalliance.com/shed-rathe...st-and-future/

I don't think we're going to see another au version. The only we might see is the one from GH What if? and she'll probably be dead. Hopefully she'll appear with her more recent attire and she and Gwen would become hoodie GF's!

That's cool, I liked how Anya worked with Jessica when she was being mentored by the Avengers.

I do hope she appears in her current outfit as it's a sign that she's official an Avenger and has grown up a bit as a character.

I feel a bit more confident with her on the cover.

EDIT: The fact that they didn't bother to put her in her new costume makes me more worried. That just tells me that they could care less about her.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.

That is troubling that her latest costume isn't being used.

Than again in the Avengers series she was in they didn't have her new costume on the cover, they kept using her old one even in the final issue's cover, I believe. So she may still appear in her new costume... Hopefully.

A very odd page someone posted on 4chan

The person who post it isn't sure if its fanart or... pro-art (?). It looks a bit more elaborated than a fanart, but that's not Land's "art" at all. Can someone recognize the art style?

Via
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 09-05-2014 at 08:35 AM.