Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Not really sure of the style but it's possible that it could take place in the Spider-Verse book. Definitely interesting to see that the Avengers are working at least a supporting role judging by Captain Falcon being there. Though if this is official, it seems official that Anya is back to her old costume (not that I'm complaining).

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    A very odd page someone posted on 4chan
    The person who post it isn't sure if its fanart or... pro-art (?). It looks a bit more elaborated than a fanart, but that's not Land's "art" at all. Can someone recognize the art style?
    Given that Captain Falcon is there it seems unlikely that this is fanart, my best guess is that it's from Spider-verse team up(no artist named yet) or edge of spider-verse 2(Robbie Rodriguez).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ITS FUNNY BECAUSE WE CLEARLY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYA. AND NOW SHE'S GONNA DIE

Excuse me, I'm gonna cry somewhere.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I don't think they'll kill her but this confirms, to me, that she wont be doing anything big in Spiderverse as they couldn't even remember that she has a new costume and that she's officially an Avenger now with tons of recent character growth.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-06-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Is commanderriffraff someone who works at Marvel?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That's the editor, Nick Lowe.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 09-06-2014 at 08:36 AM.

I think he and the team forgot about Anya's new costume, due to lack of communication in the designing stages of Spiderverse, and made that excuse up because they honestly missed Anya's latest story arc and for whatever reason and no one on the team bothered to check to see what was happening with Anya, as they most likely didn't care too much about her as she isn't a main character for the event, or even google her as fans do keep her wiki's updated usually.

Or have someone go on a board, anonymously, and ask about the character. A fan, or fans, could easily have done the research for them, without knowing who they are, in less than a day.

To revive this a little bit... As we know, Sony recently announced that they're making a female led movie set in the TASM universe. I'm pretty sure the character of the movie is going to be Black Cat, but some are speculating that the character might be Anya. My question is, how would you feel if Sony makes a Anya movie at some point? Not precisely the 2017 one.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand ANYA MOVIE FCK YEAH! And in case she dies in SV, then there wouldn't be too much wait until her revival, because Marvel would jump on the bandwagon immediately and give her her own series or something.

On the other, I really wouldn't her to be in TASM world. That just limits her character heavily. I would prefer her being in the MCU where she could hang out with Carol and Jess (though, we're not sure if Marvel or Sony have the rights Jess), hanging out with the Young Avengers and becoming Bucky's granddaughter-in-law. BUT, Marvel seems reluctant about having a female led movie, let alone a movie starring a D-List character. Sony seems more willing to take risks and Arad has mentioned that the movies will definitely diversify in the future, so they seem more likely to make a Anya movie.

So, depending on who has the rights to Anya, we have two options: either have very limited version of her or not have her at all.

What do you think?

I don't think they would as not even Marvel seems to keep tabs on poor Anya and they may want to do Black Cat or even Spider-Woman.

Yeah, as I said, at some point, not precisely the 2017 movie. And as I mentioned, Sony is willing to take more risks at this point. They might as well do a Frog Man movie if they have the rights to him.

They don't seem that risky, heck that Web Warriors stuff decided to make a gender-bent Peter Parker instead of using Anya or Spider-Woman.

Disney/Marvel are the producers of Ultimate Spider-Man, Sony is not involved. On the bright side, Wacker is a fan of Anya and he mentioned that he would like to introduce her!
    http://askwacker.tumblr.com/post/934...nya-corazon-in
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post201140

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

To revive this a little bit... As we know, Sony recently announced that they're making a female led movie set in the TASM universe. I'm pretty sure the character of the movie is going to be Black Cat, but some are speculating that the character might be Anya. My question is, how would you feel if Sony makes a Anya movie at some point? Not precisely the 2017 one.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand ANYA MOVIE FCK YEAH! And in case she dies in SV, then there wouldn't be too much wait until her revival, because Marvel would jump on the bandwagon immediately and give her her own series or something.

On the other, I really wouldn't her to be in TASM world. That just limits her character heavily. I would prefer her being in the MCU where she could hang out with Carol and Jess (though, we're not sure if Marvel or Sony have the rights Jess), hanging out with the Young Avengers and becoming Bucky's granddaughter-in-law. BUT, Marvel seems reluctant about having a female led movie, let alone a movie starring a D-List character. Sony seems more willing to take risks and Arad has mentioned that the movies will definitely diversify in the future, so they seem more likely to make a Anya movie.

So, depending on who has the rights to Anya, we have two options: either have very limited version of her or not have her at all.

What do you think?
    I wouldn't call waiting to make sure they do it right the same as being reluctant.

I really believe than an Spider-girl is gonna die, but I doubt is Anya. I believe than May Parker is the one who will die. I mean, they already have a new alternate universe female Spider-female with the new Spider-Gwen and also her death would mean than the only loose end remaining from a potential future married Peter parker would be closed. Anya is safe, because she isn't not that relevant to the Spider myths.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I wouldn't bet on that as May is pretty popular and she's Spider-Girl while Spider-Gwen is Spider-Woman. If anything the Old Man Logan Spider-Girl will end up dying along wit Assassin Spider-Man.

Whatever the case I don't see Anya dying as she doesn't seem important to Spiderverse while if she was planned to die they would at the very least get her costume right.