Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    He saw Storm as his daughter..he wanted to have condom-less sex with Jean.
    Her hair on that pic looks so bad colored/painted(?).

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

The last issue of Uncanny showed us that Calisto is doing a better job of living up to Xavier's dream than Storm is. Hopefully the scenario would involve Monet throwing more shade at Storm again, 'cause the last time was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The last issue of Uncanny showed us that Calisto is doing a better job of living up to Xavier's dream than Storm is. Hopefully the scenario would involve Monet throwing more shade at Storm again, 'cause the last time was glorious.
    Bit off topic, but do we know the precise moment when Storm gave up leadership of the morlocks? I really don't remember there being a moment where she fully abandoned them, they just seemed to slip away.

Sidenote: I really wish she'd been a better leader. It's not like the morlocks were strict antagonists that needed to be beaten, the X-Men just got into conflict with another group of mutants, came to an understanding and "moved forwards". Really wish there'd been more actually moving. Maybe something like further integrating the morlocks to the surface world or such, exposing the non-pretty mutants certainly would have been an interesting way to spice up the big X-Men PR stunts of The Morrisson era.

Rambling again, my apologies.
    Last edited by akiresu_; 05-10-2016 at 11:46 AM. Reason: just highlighted the actual reply so everyone can skip the ramblings

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    after that maybe she should start taking care of the Morlocks.
    I'm pretty sure that she asked the Morlocks if they wanted to come with her. Just like she invited the Morlocks to the Mansion back in the days. The question is would Magnus take the Morlocks in? Most likely not since most of them would not want to be his bullet stoppers.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Only if this leads to Magneto getting the blood in his veins flash-frozen by icy gales from the Tundra wastes, then ripped to shreds in a localised hurricane, thus letting UXM continue with Psylocke and M as co-leaders.

And then a year later we reveal Magneto's various parts can only be thawed out by getting Red Skull and Baron Zemo to urinate over him for a week solid.

Did I mention I do not like Magneto being an X-Man? Because I do not like Magneto being an X-Man.
    Erik being an X-Man was always going to eventually happen. Stop being in denial, yo.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, the only team right now that seems to ACTUALLY be trying to live up to Xavier's dream are the All-New X-Men.

Extraordinary has, as you've said, primarily been focused on survival by hiding out in Limbo, and bringing more mutants there for their "safety." Uncanny is far more militant, and much more reflective of the decimation-era teams by effectively going to war against threats to mutant kind.

Only the ANXM team is out there trying to ACTUALLY build bridges between humans and mutants.

The entire schtick of the mutants has traditionally been protecting a world that hates and fears them. Neither the EXM or UXM seem all that concerned with the "protecting a world" part. Their focus has been more insular, focused solely on protecting THEMSELVES, with only their methods differing.

If ANYONE right now has the right to tell one of the other teams that they're not true X-Men, it's honestly going to be Teen!Scott.
    A for Effort.

*hands over a gold star*

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I haven't been following Uncanny. Has Mags referred to himself or his team as X-Men? I ask because with where he seems to be right now I don't really see him identifying as such.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Bit off topic, but do we know the precise moment when Storm gave up leadership of the morlocks? I really don't remember there being a moment where she fully abandoned them, they just seemed to slip away.

Sidenote: I really wish she'd been a better leader. It's not like the morlocks were strict antagonists that needed to be beaten, the X-Men just got into conflict with another group of mutants, came to an understanding and "moved forwards". Really wish there'd been more actually moving. Maybe something like further integrating the morlocks to the surface world or such, exposing the non-pretty mutants certainly would have been an interesting way to spice up the big X-Men PR stunts of The Morrisson era.

Rambling again, my apologies.
    Storm's leadership of the Morlocks effectively ended around the Mutant Massacre when most of them died or left the tunnels. They would later reform under others (Masque, Mikhail Rasputin, Marrow, Callisto again). I think the reason they haven't been used much since then is, in part, writers wanting to respect the impact of the MM story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I haven't been following Uncanny. Has Mags referred to himself or his team as X-Men? I ask because with where he seems to be right now I don't really see him identifying as such.
    It's only the media calling them that due to past association. The team doesn't refer to themselves as such or haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I'm pretty sure that she asked the Morlocks if they wanted to come with her. Just like she invited the Morlocks to the Mansion back in the days. The question is would Magnus take the Morlocks in? Most likely not since most of them would not want to be his bullet stoppers.
    didn't Callisto live on Genosha?

Nah. I think Storm is doing the best she can under the circumstances. Just because she hasn't found Hellion doesn't mean she's a shitty leader (like some around here would have us believe)...

I think Magneto does not care about it and agree with it.

Although he has his criticism of Storm methods'm sure he would not waste his time with who deserves to be called or not X-mens.

Since Storm did not mess in the goals of Magneto he does not intend to meddle in her goals.

As we already know it will not last Civil War II is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    You dislike it so much you want a holocaust survivor to be urinated on by nazis?
    I don't know whether that's darkly imaginative or traumatically gruesome.
    naahh is the usual craig. Better ignore him and go on wiht your life. Believe me.

BANNED

Psylocke and M should add this to their list of nagging as that seems to be their role in UXM. "Ur so bad, Magneto!" "Ur so bad... bad bad bad boy!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

Did I mention I do not like Magneto being an X-Man?
    Me neither as in, I don't like him being accepted as one. But I actually like that it's called Uncanny X-Men and he is using the name. It fits the character like a glove.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    He saw Storm as his daughter..he wanted to have condom-less sex with Jean.
    There's no mention of condoms and Professor X was such a professional that Jean would have never known how he felt.