Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    . . . And the fact that Grey is in London, and the Heliopic Brotherhood is involved makes me wonder if we'll be leading up to Edward's final case sometime soon.
    Perish the thought!!!

Heck, this is only the fourth series we've had with Sir Edward so far, isn't it?

I'm hopeful that maybe he can now show up more than every +/-two years or so in the future.

The plans for Witchfinder are definitely long term. I'm pretty damn excited about it.

I finally read this issue and enjoyed it very much. It was a wonderfully crafted start to the story and lots of fun. I had forgotten how great Witchfinder can be. I can't wait for the next one.

All-New Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar

Just got through reading issue 2. Don't know if I should say anything yet but YES! Ive been waiting for this story-line for a very long time. Very happy with where this is going

Quote Originally Posted by Power Hungry Monkey View Post
    Just got through reading issue 2. Don't know if I should say anything yet but YES! Ive been waiting for this story-line for a very long time. Very happy with where this is going
    Yeah, it's awesome.

Awesome indeed !

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Some nice surprises this issue for sure! I think this is shaping up to be my favorite Edward Grey story yet.

And I think it's safe to say that any trepidation we may have had about Chris Roberson can now be put to rest

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    And I think it's safe to say that any trepidation we may have had about Chris Roberson can now be put to rest
    Yeah, agreed.

All-New Member

Roberson is killing it. We're in good hands and Arcudi will still be on Lobster Johnson and hopefully some others here and there. Still secretly hoping Fegredo comes back to carry on more Hellboy that will take place post Hellboy in Hell. I know everyone keeps saying its the end for red in modern timeline but I feel like those flash forwards from way back in BPRD are still going to occur.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    everyone keeps saying its the end for red in modern timeline
    I know fans have interpreted it that way, and the ending of HB in Hell would indeed be a fitting final fate for the character. But, to my knowledge, neither Mike nor Scott has really said that Hellboy won't return in the "future" of the Mignolaverse. Instead (unless there's been some statement in an interview I haven't seen) whenever the question is asked, they slyly deflect focus onto the various flashback stories in the works.

However many years it takes to get there, when we eventually reach the last Mignolaverse story -- by which I mean the scene that takes place at the very end, regardless of whether flashbacks continue to be published after that -- Hellboy will play a role, I'm sure. And It's not just gonna be Liz and Kate sitting around saying "I wish we knew what happened to Hellboy" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jeremypowell View Post
    I know fans have interpreted it that way, and the ending of HB in Hell would indeed be a fitting final fate for the character. But, to my knowledge, neither Mike nor Scott has really said that Hellboy won't return in the "future" of the Mignolaverse. Instead (unless there's been some statement in an interview I haven't seen) whenever the question is asked, they slyly deflect focus onto the various flashback stories in the works.

However many years it takes to get there, when we eventually reach the last Mignolaverse story -- by which I mean the scene that takes place at the very end, regardless of whether flashbacks continue to be published after that -- Hellboy will play a role, I'm sure. And It's not just gonna be Liz and Kate sitting around saying "I wish we knew what happened to Hellboy" . . .
    Much agreed, all that appears to be what the storytelling eversince Seed of Destruction has been prophecising, primarily by the ramblings of Hecate and Rasputin. That Hellboy's destiny would become to ultimately set the Apocalypse in motion, with either him loving it and riding the dragon (unlikely) - or with him slaying the dragon which still wouldn't keep the Apocalypse from happening.

Queen Mabh was able to add that all this would take place at the battle of Vigrid, being not necessarily part of the Earthly realm although in the Fury when Hellboy almost reached the place already the earth's surface in England had still become to smoke and smolder nonetheless.

In Hellboy In Hell's finale Hellboy lets himself become pinned to a tree during a fight with apparently recognizing that he doesn't even need to resist or fight back since he expects the bad guys will become slain and not him no matter what. Leading in to his 'descent' as if his existence or at least his own person wouldn't really matter any longer.

Plus the actual appearance of the Hem-things and especially the seven incarnations of what finally would have the Ogdru Jahad to emerge - the creature the B.P.R.D. are fighting - would by themselves corroborate with the apparent ironcladness of the Apocalypse and with it Hellboy's destiny to proving already decided.

However... How all that will go down or when exactly and which actors or protagonists will be taking part... is to be determined once it does - would be my take.

It's not so much that Hellboy is 'out of the picture' completely, but that the storytelling focus has shifted onto the others - with Hellboy still in mind, yet with him not personally at the forefront any longer, or only flashback-wise. I'd be to think.

I like seeing Hellboy at the forefront or any other members of the B.P.R.D. but the above reasoning should point out how I still really like all the end-of-the-world downward spiral. Which to me appears to having been part of things all along. I bet Edward Grey / Witchwinder would have interesting knowledge on Hellboy's plight, or the faeries, or the Baba Yaga.
    So even if Hellboy would only be 'in mind' storytelling-wise from now on, I'm still fairly sure I'll be loving it. A lot.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I really love the way all the pieces eventually come into place, and I don't regret my comeback to comics (Hellboy was the only one I bought - in TPB, and in French - during more than a decade) a few months before the beginning of Hell on Earth. All the other series are great and the universe is cohesive and various in tones.

Of course I was a little bit worried when the end of Hellboy In Hell was announced, not to talk about Arcudi leaving (but still on Lobster Johnson ?). Now I'm more than confident.

Just a (little) wish : I'd really like to see those reappearing :

I hope one day they can rewrite the Exorcist story that Roberson did this year, because it didn't make justice to him! Really good writer.
    I always felt that Sir Edward story is one of the most tragic tales from this universe... in this issue you see the man having some fun killing zombies and with a beautiful house with a butler, knowing in 30 years he will be shattered in Hell.

The cover for the trade... (plus a preview of issue #3 and a news recap in the link.)