Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    My brother was considering getting into these games. Bummer.
    Maybe he should consider getting into LEGO Dimensions instead? Since there are no limits on what can be played where as long as you own a single character from one of the fourteen franchises included. And they have said they have three years of content planned.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I seriously hope this means Marvel gets to finally stop with all the IOS crap alongside Infinity and have solid developers work on proper console Marvel games again to challenge Injustice and the Arkham series.

No it means it gets worse. Disney Infinity was Disney's last in-house developed game they are now a licensing company only with games so all the mobile games will continue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Would not be surprised if Disney purchased another company for video games in the near future. Square-Enix and EA come to mind. Nintendo is a pipe-dream.
    EA would cost Disney more than Nintendo and Nintendo would cost double what Pixar, Marvel and Starwars cost combined.

BANNED

I was never into Disney Infinity but I thought they'd keep their VG division cuz of the success of that.

BANNED

Oh CBR News bot, you just barely missed the Games section of the forum.

I guess this means Disney Infinity wasn't making the billions Skylanders made. Weird thing is, I thought Infinity was making Disney quite a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kumagawa View Post
    EA would cost Disney more than Nintendo and Nintendo would cost double what Pixar, Marvel and Starwars cost combined.

Nintendo is worth far more than EA is. EA is probably worth less than Disney payed for just Pixar or Marvel alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Yes to this. I mean good hell ever since Activision lost the rights to Disney we haven't had an epic Marvel game. I was really looking forward to a Ultimate Alliance 3 but that will never happen. Although I love Marvel's: Contest of Champions I miss the console games. Also I feel bad that Infinity got the shaft. I heard it was a fun game.
    We weren't really getting good Marvel games under Activision at the end either. CoD got huge, and Activision started putting their D teams on Marvel games; it went from Raven Software, to teams that port stuff. When did the last good Activision Marvel game come out, 2009? Now compared to what they're doing now, which is horrible iOS garbage like their "fighting game", those last few years under Activision look great.

Funny thing is Activision actually has the best action developer making video games right now doing their license stuff.

The best Marvel game in the past 15 years was probably the Marvel vs Capcom 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Would not be surprised if Disney purchased another company for video games in the near future. Square-Enix and EA come to mind. Nintendo is a pipe-dream.
    Or even better, Capcom.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Oh CBR News bot, you just barely missed the Games section of the forum.

I guess this means Disney Infinity wasn't making the billions Skylanders made. Weird thing is, I thought Infinity was making Disney quite a bit.
    I thought I read it somewhere that Skylanders wasn't selling well again either.

Either way, I actually agree with Disney here that licensing out the games is a better idea.

There are developers out there that would do a fantastic job with Marvel's superheroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought I read it somewhere that Skylanders wasn't selling well again either.

Either way, I actually agree with Disney here that licensing out the games is a better idea.

There are developers out there that would do a fantastic job with Marvel's superheroes.
    Disney could have always gotten them to develop games for them. Before they just needed developers, now they need publishers. It's not like Disney Interactive Studios couldn't go after Platinum Games, Capcom, Team Ninja, Double Fine, Yacht Club Games, Team Meat, and a whole ton of other developers. It's not like there aren't tons of developers who weren't owned by publishers (or worked with other publishers) in the years Disney had a game devision going. Disney actually had a really good racing developer for a while, some of that team went on to do Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but Disney was never seemingly smart enough to do their own Mario Kart style game with them...well, they did, they just didn't do it with all those Disney characters they own.

The Disney isn't seemingly stopping Marvel games from happening either. The Marvel games seem to be different people, same with the Star Wars stuff. Star Wars went straight to licensing as soon as they got bought up.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Shame as I have all the Marvel and Star Wars ones. Oh well... I guess they make good models to have on the shelf.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

We weren't really getting good Marvel games under Activision at the end either. CoD got huge, and Activision started putting their D teams on Marvel games; it went from Raven Software, to teams that port stuff. When did the last good Activision Marvel game come out, 2009? Now compared to what they're doing now, which is horrible iOS garbage like their "fighting game", those last few years under Activision look great.

Funny thing is Activision actually has the best action developer making video games right now doing their license stuff.

The best Marvel game in the past 15 years was probably the Marvel vs Capcom 3 games.
    Probably means that Marvel should avoid Activision if their COD obsession means them sticking inferior teams on a project. Marvel needs a group like Rocksteady with the evident love for the product as much as the skill and quality.

This is kind of surprising. Gaming is a growing industry, especially with smart phones and gaming systems becoming more powerful. I thought Disney Infinity had done pretty well for itself. I always saw displays in stores. I guess that was misleading. Disney is not usually one to license out their properties to third parties. They usually avoid that at all cost, wanting to keep everything in-house and under one roof. That has always been their style. It makes me wonder if there were any politics involved in this decision because it sounds like something that has been brewing for a while.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

"They note that Disney is accepting a $147 million charge for its discontinuation of the division."

I'm a little confused. A charge from whom to whom? What does this mean exactly? Is it just a way of saying they're writing off a corporate loss of $147 million?

"There was a right and a wrong in the Universe, and that distinction was not very difficult to make."
    - Elliot S! Maggin - "Last Son of Krypton"

Fantastic Member

Nintendo is worth far more than EA is. EA is probably worth less than Disney payed for just Pixar or Marvel alone.
    Not according to market capitalization the value of publicly traded companies EA is worth over $23 billion while Nintendo is worth under $17 billion to buy either company is at least 50% more often double market cap.