Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Would not be surprised if Disney purchased another company for video games in the near future. Square-Enix and EA come to mind. Nintendo is a pipe-dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    I laugh that people are complaining about the fact that Disney is shutting it down because it wasn't as profitable as they had hoped. No company in the world, especially a major one like Disney, is going to continue to produce a product that isn't profitable. This just means that all of the figures should be going on sale in the coming months.
    It's Disney; so if there is a sale of that stuff, it's going to be the store's idea.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    It really won't change that.

Marvel has the Lego Marvel game done by WB and the telltale game coming soon so its not like they were against licensing stuff.
    True, it just seems like Disney were enforcing a need for nearly all games to be focused on younger audiences and a mobile game obsession because they're cheap but greedy cash grabby.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Would not be surprised if Disney purchased another company for video games in the near future. Square-Enix and EA come to mind. Nintendo is a pipe-dream.
    If Square Enix made a solid Marvel RPG with a nice array of characters I would be all over that. They just stick them in Kingdom Hearts Type X2.Zillion, not so much.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I seriously hope this means Marvel gets to finally stop with all the IOS crap alongside Infinity and have solid developers work on proper console Marvel games again to challenge Injustice and the Arkham series.
    Yes to this. I mean good hell ever since Activision lost the rights to Disney we haven't had an epic Marvel game. I was really looking forward to a Ultimate Alliance 3 but that will never happen. Although I love Marvel's: Contest of Champions I miss the console games. Also I feel bad that Infinity got the shaft. I heard it was a fun game.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Yes to this. I mean good hell ever since Activision lost the rights to Disney we haven't had an epic Marvel game. I was really looking forward to a Ultimate Alliance 3 but that will never happen. Although I love Marvel's: Contest of Champions I miss the console games. Also I feel bad that Infinity got the shaft. I heard it was a fun game.
    An Ultimate Alliance style game would be wonderful, whether they would adapt another storyline as 2 did with Civil War to do a take on Dark Reign or AVX or something, or something wholly original as the first game was. And a console version of COC to rival Injustice would be great too. I do hope that Marvel and Disney can locate a suitable set of developers to make quality Marvel games again, same with Star Wars (though with EA dominating that line it's debatable how likely that might be).

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    If Square Enix made a solid Marvel RPG with a nice array of characters I would be all over that. They just stick them in Kingdom Hearts Type X2.Zillion, not so much.
    Well, a game like that about X-men would end up being an mass-effect-like orgy.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, a game like that about X-men would end up being an mass-effect-like orgy.
    I assume you mean having the option to romance some of the X-Men with an original character? I was thinking someone more like MUA. Though a Mass Effect style Marvel game wouldn't be that bad... I guess if it existed I'd be trying to get my female character with Nightcrawler and my male character with Psylocke and so forth...

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

As long as this doesn't affect Kingdom Hearts, I don't care.

This probably isn't gonna have any effect on the IOS games. IOS games are not going away, people. People are not magically gonna stop using cellphones tomorrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Um, bad move IMO.

This could have been the next Amiibo if Disney stuck with it and didn't treat it like a backburning project.

For that they'd have to purposely lower the available quantities of specific figures like Nintendo does

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This probably isn't gonna have any effect on the IOS games. IOS games are not going away, people. People are not magically gonna stop using cellphones tomorrow.
    Not to mention, there are some that prefer tablet games to console games. Like myself.
    Of course, I'd probably play my PS3 more if they actually made strategy games or ports of board games. Or even a Wing Commander: Privateer or Freelancer or Eve Online type game for consoles.
    Consoles have become synonymous with First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Action games. Kinda like comics are thought to be only superhero.
    To the point that if a game was announced, you could easily assume it was one of those types of games. And be right.

Think right now, the only games I've been playing on my PS3 are First-Person Adventure games with RPG qualities like Skyrim, Borderlands, Deus Ex and Fallout.
    Although I did get the Final Fantasy Tactics throwback off the store as a reminder of what other types of games are possible.

And what few Fighting games there are bore me after a bit. The only Fighting games I've really liked were Eternal Champions on Genesis (because of the room hazards) and Bushido Blade (the first one, because of the weapons, stances and realistic combat).
    Racing games can be fun if they have a leveling up system, upgrades and customizations.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

My brother was considering getting into these games. Bummer.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I feel like the IOS Marvel games would bother me a lot less if they weren't a. Practically all of the games Marvel puts out there besides Marvel Heroes and the Facebook based Avengers Alliance. and b. If most of them weren't so cash grabbing with that ruddy ISO-8 nonsense. Seriously, how many Marvel mobile games utilise that 'greed over gameplay' feature?

Regardless I hope this'll mean we see a return of solid console based experiences for Marvel properties for older audiences again now that Disney isn't likely to be enforcing things as much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Um, bad move IMO.

This could have been the next Amiibo if Disney stuck with it and didn't treat it like a backburning project.
    Disney Infinity predates Amiibo. Also what games does Amiibo have? it's mainly the sole toy line for Nintendo characters while Disney has loads of toy lines for it's IP.