Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Default Dragonlance Chronicles- Worth a look?

With the 3rd trade being out I'm curious about it. Wich year is it from? I don't read fantasy theese days but Margaret Weiss & Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance novels were the 1st books I bought and read after learning to read (awwww...). It seems theese are adaptions (Dan Mishkin) originally published by DC so I posted here. Any fellow Dragonlance readers among you? Share your pain
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-11-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    With the 3rd trade being out I'm curious about it. Wich year is it from? I don't read fantasy theese days but Margaret Weiss & Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance novels were the 1st books I bought and read after learning to read (awwww...). It seems theese are adaptions (Dan Mishkin) originally published by DC so I posted here. Any fellow Dragonlance readers among you? Share your pain
    I'm a big Dragonlance fan and i'm still kind of active in the community. If you're talking about this Dragonlance book, these books aren't reprinting the DC issues.

Those three books are collecting a new version by Devil's Due publishing. As far as i know they are not collecting the DC issues from the 90s. I haven't read them. If i could find them for cheap i would get them. They're also collecting the Legends trilogy as well.

I did a little research and IDW is also reprinting the DC comics under Dragonlance Classics. The last volume of that also released this month.
    Last edited by Mormegil; 05-11-2016 at 05:46 AM.

I'm a fan of Dragonlance too. I actually didn't know these comics existed. So now I have something new to check out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I'm a big Dragonlance fan and i'm still kind of active in the community. If you're talking about this Dragonlance book, these books aren't reprinting the DC issues.

Those three books are collecting a new version by Devil's Due publishing. As far as i know they are not collecting the DC issues from the 90s. I haven't read them. If i could find them for cheap i would get them. They're also collecting the Legends trilogy as well.

I did a little research and IDW is also reprinting the DC comics under Dragonlance Classics. The last volume of that also released this month.
    That's what I meant. I might try out the novels again, though. I've read the original trilogy and the follow-up trilogy (Raistlin, Tanis and Sturm etc.) probably don't care enough about their children's adventures. Maybe I'll give the audio books a try.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I'm a fan of Dragonlance too. I actually didn't know these comics existed. So now I have something new to check out. Thanks!
    Cool, let me know if you liked them at some time.

I asked some people over at the Dragonlance Nexus and they told me that DC had two comic series. One was a direct adaptaion of the Chronicles trilogy and another was original stories that sometimes had certain Heroes of the Lance make an appearance. I love that 90s coloring style DC used.

I just ordered Volume 1 of IDW Dragonlance Classics which collects the first 8 issues of the side stories i talked about.