View Poll Results: What did you think of ANU #4?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

12 38.71%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

11 35.48%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 16.13%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

1 3.23%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 6.45%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thought this was the best issue so far. Only thing I didn't care for was the mango silencer, that just made me chuckle with it's silliness. Art is getting better, the faces are looking better which was the biggest problem imo. Fun issue.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

My problem with the art is everything looks so rigid and forced. Like look at the scene where they're playing air hocky. Broad, unnatural looking, rigid motions. Like they just stood there and posed themselves--there's nothing actually conveying energy or motion in this art. Its less like a series of still images, like it should be, and more like someone posed a bunch of dolls and captured those images. Its not bad for talky scenes, but this is a book about gang wars. The action needs to look more fluid.

BANNED

Fiffe really stepped his game up with this issue, it's by far the strongest story-wise, has really fluid dialogue, and does a great job of bringing Spider-Woman to the forefront which is where she belongs.

The art is a lot more consistent in this issue, particularly with the faces. That 2-page splash of the gangs fighting showed a real sense of energy and movement.

All in all this is getting better and better and I can't wait to see the next issue.

When I read the solicitations for this issue, I immediately dreaded reading it. I figured it would be a bunch of teen girls talking about boys, which sounds about as fun to read as an Ayn Rand novel. I was, however,pleasantly surprised. It was indeed mostly teen girls talking about boys, but the Jessica Drew dialogue was tremendous, and gives me hope that Fiffe will explore her character more in the future, with maybe some guest spots in the Miles Morales book to look forward to as well. Jessica is far and away the most interesting character in this book, along with Miles, and I. Hope they continue to focus more on those two. Man, Bombshell is a thoroughly annoying character, although I did feel a little bad for her at the end. Hopefully now that her boyfriend is dead we never have to read the name 'Poey' again.

Poey really is a terrible name, I laughed while reading this.
    We need better comics

Fun issue, the best so far. My only complaint is the first 4 pages with the girls, it really didn't anything for the story, those pages felt like Fiffe needed to get the page count right.

The Art is better, and the colorist has chosen less dull colors this time (a huge improvement).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

She's her own person and never was a man in the first place. Though if she's straight, bi, or lesbian then it's on her and shouldn't be because of some residue memories of Peter's life that she may or may not still have.

Hopefully Fiffe does her character well and doesn't make her one way or another because of PP influence but because it's what she, as a character, would want.

Kaine, for example, in 616 doesn't have romantic desires for Mary or Peter's other former flames. Guy is his own person, even with PP influences like Ben had, and has his own desires on what he likes and dislikes.

Sorta like how Ben, in that what-if, where he took over as PP didn't love Mary and only stayed with her as he felt obligated to.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 06-26-2014 at 05:56 PM.

All-New Member

Didn't think the story advanced a whole lot.......and I am really tired of gender bender stories that seem to try to push envelopes....unfortunately for story tellers genes don't carry memories.....thus Jessica would just be a twin of Peter, not Peter in a girl's body...and different writers bouncing between having memories......losing memories......it really is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    She's her own person and never was a man in the first place. Though if she's straight, bi, or lesbian then it's on her and shouldn't be because of some residue memories of Peter's life that she may or may not still have.

Hopefully Fiffe does her character well and doesn't make her one way or another because of PP influence but because it's what she, as a character, would want.

Kaine, for example, in 616 doesn't have romantic desires for Mary or Peter's other former flames. Guy is his own person, even with PP influences like Ben had, and has his own desires on what he likes and dislikes.

Sorta like how Ben, in that what-if, where he took over as PP didn't love Mary and only stayed with her as he felt obligated to.
    This isn't really that complicated. She's a clone of a straight man, therefore she likes women.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Poey really is a terrible name, I laughed while reading this.
    Haha seriously, I would cringe every time I read it.

All-New Member

Technically as a clone if they manipulated the DNA and changed the sex.....she is no longer a man......and memories are not transferable through the cloning process.

Right, in real life they're not transferable, but it's been stated many times that in the Ultimate Universe, they are. She has all of Peter's memories, and the emotions associated with them, up until the cell sample from which she was grown was taken. She even said as much this issue.

BANNED

Why couldn't he just have Jessica be attracted to girls without giving a explanation? If she has the same memories as Peter than of course she is going to like Kitty, but if this was going to come up would have been a lot more interesting if it would have when Peter was alive seeing Jessica get jealous of Peter over Mary Jane would have been fun.

I can see Jessica and Lana eventually entering a relationship though soon once the current situation gets resolved.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 06-26-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Why couldn't he just have Jessica be attracted to girls without giving a explanation? If she has the same memories as Peter than of course she is going to like Kitty, but if this was going to come up would have been a lot more interesting if it would have when Peter was alive seeing Jessica get jealous of Peter over Mary Jane would have been fun.

I can see Jessica and Lana eventually entering a relationship though soon once the current situation gets resolved.
    Oh man, I hope not. Lana is truly obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Wait how do you see that happening? Kitty and Jess seem more likely.