Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    That feels like you're selling Darkseid really short. He will be a good big bad for the Justice League, but as stated by someone else... they need to build up to him. The team needs to have some small victories under their belts first before they are cohesive enough to take on Darkseid.
    I'm ready to be surprised, though the 4th World characters are wonderful.

Good. As stated keep Darkseid for a later film when we have introduced more League members and powerful heroes. Keep it like Thanos' buildup like what the MCU films are doing.

And more importantly, introduce Darkseid when a more capable director who is on the project and not Snyder.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I still think it would be stupid to bring Darkseid into action this early
    They should pull a MCU-Thanos and make him the puppet master behind everything major and then let him come out with a huge boom.

You just don't make Darkseid a simple Starter Villain.

Amazing Member

And in a strange bit of casting 'logic' that only Snyder understands, the part of Steppenwolf will be played by Michael Cera....

Remember when everyone got excited that Loki was the big bad in Avengers? And then flipped out with excitement even more when they heard Ultron was in the sequel? ..Well, this ain't that.. I'm all for holding the Darkseid card for the second film but who cares about Steppenwolf, which is more or less "Darkseid Light." So many better choices out there...

The main villain isn't my primary worry. I'm more anxious about the director.

If Snyder's directin', I'm defectin'.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Starro is my choice, but I am not the target audience.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well they say that so far the films have been too dark,too serious and too downbeat so there's hardly much chance of that with a giant flying space starfish menacing earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im ok with this if Desaad,Granny,and kalibak are part of this invading force aswell. Just steppenwolf and parademons doesnt work for me. Plus I want Wonder Woman and Mera to fight Granny and the furies
    Glorious Godfrey and Mokkari (tech/biological warfare side) too
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I still think it would be stupid to bring Darkseid into action this early
    They should pull a MCU-Thanos and make him the puppet master behind everything major and then let him come out with a huge boom.

You just don't make Darkseid a simple Starter Villain.
    Darkseid is similar enough to Thanos as is. I wonder if they start copying Marvel's teaser/cameo build up, and especially if Thanos makes it out of the gate first as a major villain, will the critics praise DC for "doing it right" or will they tear into them for ripping off Marvel?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Darkseid May Not Be DC Films' Main "Justice League" Villain.
    That honor will go to Zack Snyder.

Oh, c'mon. That was funny!

Incredible Member

Starro could easily be played as funny by cocky heroes - then somebody gets a starfish to the face. Then it starts raining starfish. Then Starro starts getting played less as "weird alien from space" and more 'Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror".

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm not sure anybody knows who the target audience for these films are. When the onslaught of bad reviews from critics first started pouring in, they claimed the movie was made "for the fans", but now that those fans have been shown to not be a particularly large segment of the movie going public, who exactly are they making these films for?

The New 52 incarnations of these characters are not aging well, which is why DC is trying to course correct with Rebirth. Why on Earth do they keep going back to those versions for the movies? I am truly baffled by how ineptly DC is being handled by Warner Bros.

Well, Darkseid will be in Justice League Part 2..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Well, Darkseid will be in Justice League Part 2..
    Right, but are we meant now to think that when Luthor was wigging out and saying "He's coming, he's coming," he was referring to Steppenwolf thinking that he was the Big Bad and that when Darkseid shows up Luthor will be completely blindsided with the fact that there's someone EVEN MORE powerful? That could be interesting.

I don't see Darkseid being held off for a really long time as Thanos has been, because unlike Marvel which seems to be intending to keep going indefinitely at the movies, DC seems to be saying "We're doing this block of movies, and that's it." So they're really going to have their work cut out for them not having JLA vs. Darkseid and Avengers vs. Thanos seem like clones of each other. There are already so many similarities, such as Ant Man going giant just a couple of weeks after the Atom did it on tv on "Legends of Tomorrow."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Darkseid is similar enough to Thanos as is. I wonder if they start copying Marvel's teaser/cameo build up, and especially if Thanos makes it out of the gate first as a major villain, will the critics praise DC for "doing it right" or will they tear into them for ripping off Marvel?
    That will all depend on implementation on both sides.