Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Flash" Writer Williamson Wants to Use 'Every Piece of the Mythology' for Rebirth

Joshua Williamson has big plans for "Flash" and the newly DC-exclusive writer tells CBR why he's saving the Rogues and Gorilla Grodd for later.

Full article here.

Always Rakzo

Cool! Williamson's ideas are sound and I really like the direction so far.

The art also looks quite good. Promising.

So if Zoom is in the Rebirth issue, I wonder if something is going to happen that takes Thawne out of play and leaves Godspeed as the sole resident evil Speedster in Central City?

I have to say, while I never expected Carmine Gi Giandomenico on a Flash book, it looks like he'll be doing a solid job on the book .

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Oh yay....more speedsters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Oh yay....more speedsters.
    gotta agree...the more i hear about this the more i wonder if Williamson actually thought making everyone into a speedster was a cool original idea that just had to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    gotta agree...the more i hear about this the more i wonder if Williamson actually thought making everyone into a speedster was a cool original idea that just had to be done
    Well if he was thinking that, he made a grave error in judgment. Nothing like introducing a lot of characters that will have absolutely no impact in about five months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Well if he was thinking that, he made a grave error in judgment. Nothing like introducing a lot of characters that will have absolutely no impact in about five months.
    also another evil speedster and i just love how he says Godspeed's not a villain even though he's going around murdering people

in my book anyone who runs around killing people without mercy who didn't do anything to them is a villain

God y'all are depressing! Maybe let's read the damn thing first? If it sucks then shit on it.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    God y'all are depressing! Maybe let's read the damn thing first? If it sucks then shit on it.
    Agreed. Williamson seems to be passionate about the project, so I think there's a good chance it will turn out well.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Agreed! This sounds awesome. Sure we have a lot of speedsters but a good story is a good story.

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the art, but it's definitely passable. Just not as good as Booth (who I really like despite popular opinion) and Manapul.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I am happy to hear Joshua is a fan of Gorilla Grodd. He;s one of my favourite characters in the DCU and I would love to see him become a big gun villain.

I think the art is good. It's tough to beat Manapul on the Flash but this new artist is certainly better in my view than the current artist.

In fairness, there have been a load of speedsters recently. Having said that, I look forward to this arc as it sounds kind of good. I'm assuming maybe Godspeed culls the new speedsters and leaves the old ones. Mind you, Godspeed kind of reminds me of Zoom from the TV show. Will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    also another evil speedster and i just love how he says Godspeed's not a villain even though he's going around murdering people

in my book anyone who runs around killing people without mercy who didn't do anything to them is a villain
    He certainly didn't save money on his car insurance or anything positive if he's murdering people.

Mighty Member

In Williamson I trust. I haven't been excited for the Flash in a long time, but this has me looking forward to it.

I did get nervous when I saw "exclusive contract". But "Nailbiter" is safe! It's one of my favorite books coming out right now. I highly recommend it!

I wonder what else he'll do? He's prolific, so I'd expect at least one more book. I'd love to see him on "Secret Six", "Sinestro", or a Lex Luthor series.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Holy crap, how can some people be negative with freaking Williamson on the book? The guy is cranking out some of the best stuff at Image right now. I mean, we have had Manupal and Vendetti writing the character for 5 years so anything would be an improvement, but this is one of the rising stars of the medium. Some of you need to turn the everything sucks meter down a notch or two. Super excited to see what he does here and whatever mysterious other projects they are discussing. IMHO between King and Williamson DC has the best two up and coming writers in the business
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-12-2016 at 11:36 AM.