Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Introducing a bunch of new speedsters sounds like the writer will be focusing on new characters instead of on Barry and his supporting characters. Any longtime comic fan knows the new characters will be thrown away or cannon fodder after the writer leaves.
    Which is pretty much what I said in one of my above posts. In about five months, most of the new speed characters will have gone by the wayside. Buuuuuuuuut....who knows? Maybe that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Which is pretty much what I said in one of my above posts. In about five months, most of the new speed characters will have gone by the wayside. Buuuuuuuuut....who knows? Maybe that won't be the case.
    I wonder if there is a comic term for killing off a character the previous writer created? Zola-ed?
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    I wonder if there is a comic term for killing off a character the previous writer created? Zola-ed?
    Hahaha....Zola-ed. If there isn't, then I imagine there will be soon. Seems like there are always new terms coming up for comic related happenings.

FLASH.. FLASHH

Good Luck. hopefully not all be men ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-12-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I never minded lots of speedsters (which DC okaying this now is kind of ironic as Barry being the sole hero speedster is why they said they kicked out Wally back in 2011. If only they'd had this mind set back then I'd still be reading The Flash books other than Waid reprints.)

Of course I'll be thrilled beyond measure if one of those new speedsters happens to have red hair, green eyes, a peaches and cream complexion, married to an Asian gal named Linda Park...

Huh. Hope really does spring eternal despite all.

Anyway, wish the new team best of luck even if I likely won't be reading.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

When you've got a character with a power set like the Flash's, coming up with credible and interesting threats is going to be a challenge. Conceivably everything is either solved immediately or can't be solved at all -- not a lot of 'close calls' or 'all out fights' make sense.

So I understand the desire to create a bunch of speedsters, logistically. I think the key is going to be making them unique; okay, they're fast, but that might manifest in a lot of different ways; maybe some of them aren't fast, they make everything slower (Like the Turtle). Maybe they're intangible. Maybe they've got incredible bursts of speed. Maybe they have incredibly fast minds (those last two are defo the midnighter). Maybe they 'lend' speed, making things explode or move like superspeed telekinesis.

Love the art team here. Hope we get some good stuff, overall.

BANNED

After the horrible writing in the last few years I was happy to read Williamson was taking over.
    I loved Ghosted and dig Birthright.
    But I am not happy with more speedsters in the book.
    Just give me one year of just Flash stories without other speedsters.
    Broome, Fox, and Bates wrote hundreds of stories without speedsters.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Between promises of exploring the mythology and speedster creation, I can't be the only one hoping for Mopee's New 52 debut.
    Buh-bye

I remember Williamson mentioning in an interview that The Rogues just up and leave Central City one all the Speedsters start popping up (which I find hilarious), so I wonder if we'll see them come back once Cold has figured out a way for The Rogues to deal with most of them?

I also wonder if any of these Speedsters will join the Rogues or end up being repurposed version of classic Rogues.

Astonishing Member

I trust that Williamson knows what he's doing. His earlier idea was "no more speedsters, only Barry Allen", but whilst writing it he decided to do the opposite. He's clearly put a lot of thought into it.

http://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-...ua-williamson/

(57:44 for the relevant section.)

(He also mentioned in the podcast that he was re-reading every Flash comic from Showcase #4 onwards and had gotten up to Geoff Johns' first run. That's a LOT of research!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I trust that Williamson knows what he's doing. His earlier idea was "no more speedsters, only Barry Allen", but whilst writing it he decided to do the opposite. He's clearly put a lot of thought into it.

http://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-...ua-williamson/

(57:44 for the relevant section.)

(He also mentioned in the podcast that he was re-reading every Flash comic from Showcase #4 onwards and had gotten up to Geoff Johns' first run. That's a LOT of research!)
    That is a lot of research...and it means he has a lot of knowledge in regards to every facet of The Flash, which probably makes him very suited for this title .

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Fair enough. My point is really that Williamson isn't a nobody they pulled off the street or an artist turned writer. There are many that would say his current work is as good as anything Image puts out, which is saying a lot. He's really more than Flash fans could have hoped for based on his rising star in the industry. As for more speedsters, well I guess we'll see, but I guarantee it won't be crap
    Is it weird that I just imagined Dan Didio on the street, walking up to random people saying "Hey, you wanna write some Comics?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Hahaha....Zola-ed. If there isn't, then I imagine there will be soon. Seems like there are always new terms coming up for comic related happenings.
    More like I-Ching-ed. You should see how they pretty much wiped out the "White Suit Wonder Woman" cast.

http://absorbascon.blogspot.com.br/2...ork-early.html

Total massacre.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

All the speedsters sounds kind of lame, but Williamson's positive reputation will get me to check this out. I desperately want to read the Flash monthly, but the New 52 has been crap. Plus he's planning on using the Rogues, so we know it won't be all speedsters all the time.

Flash desperately needs some new non-speedster rogues. I'd also love to see the return of some of Johns' creations like Murmur and Blacksmith.

Every piece of mythology? Cool; looking forward to having the real Wally & Bart back then