Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" Season 4 Finale Shakes Up the Team Dynamic

In "Schism," the "Arrow" season finale, the team underwent a major shakeup and Oliver's future took a drastic turn.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Of course it just leaves Ollie and Felicity; they're all the writers of this show care about. I'm actually almost surprised Ollie is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Of course it just leaves Ollie and Felicity; they're all the writers of this show care about. I'm actually almost surprised Ollie is still there.
    Well, Felicity said she isn't going anywhere, so that's all people care about anyway.

Mighty Member

Awesome ending to an awesome season I say. Surprised Harper didn't walk in the door. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    well, finally.
    we'll see how next season goes
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    we'll see how next season goes
    I've been on the fence about whether to drop Arrow after this season. Going solely by the show's quality down the stretch, it's earned an exit pass, as it's been pretty bad. But they also managed to end the season on a note that at least gives the impression of going in a better direction.

Decisions, decisions.

All-New Member

Smile Wish list for Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In "Schism," the "Arrow" season finale, the team underwent a major shakeup and Oliver's future took a drastic turn.

Full article here.
    Of the 3 DC show finales (Flash, Arrow & Legends), this one made the most sense! All of these characters have been through an emotional wringer this season. A therapeutic retreat from the front lines is patently believable (though Diggle leaving his family to return to active duty is questionable therapy. He killed Andy because he made threats against them; threats made credible by Andy's betrayal & his following actions. I don't question that some alone time might be needed, just the wisdom of handing the gov't control over it.) Doubt we've seen the last of Machin, either. Is it just me, or is every Arrow season finale capped off with a massive public rumble in the streets?

What I'd like to see in the coming season, now that team Arrow is scattered: GREEN LANTERN. Oliver & Hal started as one comic book years ago. They weren't exactly a team, but they backed each other's plays on occasion & were more comfortable working together than with anyone else in the DCU. This would also be a great opportunity to premiere GL without committing to a series in his name, which might appeal to a company gunshy of another GL bomb. The GL Corps ought to be treated as a private side of Hal's life early on, though, as it was in the comic, as it is hard for those here to become seriously invested in happenings off-world. The Corps were originally portrayed less as an army, more as police living & working a beat in their neighborhood. That GL would be someone to identify with; perhaps GL could even cover an episode or two alone when Oliver has business as mayor or needs to go out of town. It would be fun to see interaction between him & portions of team Arrow in Oliver's absence!

I stopped watching Arrow and the Flash in the middle of this season but based on the title of this article it just sounds like par for the course with the show. I feel like the first half of this season of was just Diggle saying that he could not trust Oliver because he lied to him or some business. I loath the CW drama that these shows are infused with.

Mighty Member

I was very bored during this finale. The ending gave me absolutely no reason to watch season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    What I'd like to see in the coming season, now that team Arrow is scattered: GREEN LANTERN. Oliver & Hal started as one comic book years ago. They weren't exactly a team, but they backed each other's plays on occasion & were more comfortable working together than with anyone else in the DCU. This would also be a great opportunity to premiere GL without committing to a series in his name, which might appeal to a company gunshy of another GL bomb. The GL Corps ought to be treated as a private side of Hal's life early on, though, as it was in the comic, as it is hard for those here to become seriously invested in happenings off-world. The Corps were originally portrayed less as an army, more as police living & working a beat in their neighborhood. That GL would be someone to identify with; perhaps GL could even cover an episode or two alone when Oliver has business as mayor or needs to go out of town. It would be fun to see interaction between him & portions of team Arrow in Oliver's absence!
    Any form of Green Lantern is never, ever going to be on any CW TV show.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...n-scott-rumor/

As speculation continued to grow before last night's season finale, Marc Guggenheim debunked the Alan Scott rumor in an interview with Comic Book Resources, where he also said in no uncertain terms
    that Alan Scott, or any other version of Green Lantern, won't be appearing on the small screen. Here's what he had to say below.

"I'll tell you right now, because I never want anyone to be disappointed, he's not Alan Scott. I love Alan Scott. I've written Alan Scott in the comics. Alan Scott is also attached to the Green Lantern franchise,
    which DC obviously has feature (movie) plans for. In the poll of 'who it's going to be,' you can cross off Alan Scott."

Mighty Member

Well, I quit watching this one a half dozen episodes back, but my girl wanted to check in on the finale. Really doesn't feel like we missed anything. And we won't be back in the fall.

Seriously, why don't the writers just off Ollie and make the show about Felicity? She's obviously the only character they care about.

I was really, really disappointed by how poorly done The Flash finale was, but at least it wasn't boring. This was. Wow, what a huge decline from the heights of Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Seriously, why don't the writers just off Ollie and make the show about Felicity? She's obviously the only character they care about.
    They can't do that. Felicity still needs a love interest for her show.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    They can't do that. Felicity still needs a love interest for her show.
    Just have Curtis cheat on his husband. He and Felicity have more in common and more chemistry together anyway.

All-New Member

I kept waiting for some sort of wave to wash over everything in reaction to the Flash finale, which would of affected this show. If anything I assumed they would of used it as a reset to bring back Laurel and change some of the missteps this season has taken.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I was very bored during this finale. The ending gave me absolutely no reason to watch season 4.
    This. I'm done with Arrow. This season was a chore to even watch an episode but i had to finish the season.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-26-2016 at 05:33 AM.