Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know anything about this whole Felicity thing. I stopped watching ARROW after the third season--but back then I don't think the Felicity love was so out of control as this.

Is it a Sanjaya thing? Are most of the people voting for Felicity just to see if they can game the system?

If that's the case, it's sad. It's like they are down-voting Felicity by up-voting her. In the first season of ARROW, it was nice to see Emily Bett Rickards get more attention--it seemed like a good reward for what she brought to the small role she was given.
    Something weird is going on anyway. I could see why Hawkman and Hawkgirl are so low. But people were peeing their pants when Martian Manhunter showed up on Supergirl and he's only getting 0.8% of the votes? Atom and Firestorm only 0.4%. Even Diggle getting only 1.7% and Lucifer 1.4%. I would think in an honest poll each character would be getting about equal percentages of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If the CW was wise, they would just dump all the other characters and have 2 hours 5 nights in a row of Felicity tapping on a keyboard. Obviously no one cares about the other characters so why spend money paying actors to play them?
    I thought the complaints were that was all the show was about now. I've seen reddit's /r/arrow, and it is not a happy place. A wasteland of shellholes and mud, the sound of offtopic ranting filling the air like artillery strikes, the whiff of gaseous arguments drifting over the no man's land of moderation. Occasionally you can see new posters scurring around in the poisonous hellish landscape, desperately hoping not to be caught up in the conflict.

In happier places, I voted for Liv Moore too. iZombie is the most complete package of all the DC stuff: good writing, great pacing, well presented, + a great personable cast who sell the characters so well - it's just so much fun. The others I find a bit hit or miss (mostly miss) or worse yet, meandering along in 'meh' mode.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

All-New Member

lol there is some weird crap going on with this poll. I like Felicity but she shouldn't be that high up. And Black Canary being higher than Green Arrow? Nonsense!

I see people are cheating and voting more than once. Lame.
    Last edited by Ipitythefool; 05-23-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

Black Canary is a character that the creators/producers and writers of "Arrow" have denigrated, pushed aside, ignored, nerfed, disrespected and disregarded since (basically) this series began and she's still doing this well in this poll. Just think if they had respected the character and had written her well...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Something weird is going on anyway. I could see why Hawkman and Hawkgirl are so low. But people were peeing their pants when Martian Manhunter showed up on Supergirl and he's only getting 0.8% of the votes? Atom and Firestorm only 0.4%. Even Diggle getting only 1.7% and Lucifer 1.4%. I would think in an honest poll each character would be getting about equal percentages of the votes.
    Fans are clearly cheating. Black Canary was way behind a few hours ago and is now increasing by hundreds of votes every few minutes. How can you be at 6000 votes since May 12th and suddenly increase by 10000 in one day?

And Black Canary higher than Green Arrow and Flash is just the biggest pile of bull ever. Why do people have to ruin something meant to be fun?
    Last edited by Ipitythefool; 05-23-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ipitythefool View Post
    Fans are clearly cheating. Black Canary was way behind a few hours ago and is now increasing by hundreds of votes every few minutes. How can you be at 6000 votes since May 12th and suddenly increase by 10000 in one day?

And Black Canary higher than Green Arrow and Flash is just the biggest pile of bull ever. Why do people have to ruin something meant to be fun?

Looking elsewhere people who are not even BC fans are doing it just to spite the Felicity psychos. The Felicity psychos already ruined it but if it means so much to them then more spite I say.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Looking elsewhere people who are not even BC fans are doing it just to spite the Felicity psychos. The Felicity psychos already ruined it but if it means so much to them then more spite I say.
    lol there is some weird crap going on with this poll. I like Felicity but she shouldn't be that high up. And Black Canary being higher than Green Arrow? Nonsense!

I see people are cheating and voting more than once. Lame.
    That why I contend that the Rotten Tomato audience scores are bogus. Too easy to cheat and game the system there too. But you'd be surprised how many people take that number as a real fact and use that
    to denigrate the critics scores when a movie like Batman v Superman gets a 67% audience score and only a 27% critics score or a TV show like Supergirl gets a 97% critics score but only a 53% audience score.

Fantastic Member

The Flash, sure, but I have no trouble accepting that the character of Black Canary (in general, not just from the tv show) is more popular than Green Arrow and that could be influencing some voters.

BANNED

So we have psychopath Felicity fans and reactionary Canary fans dominating the poll, thanks a lot Guggenheim. The Arrowverse is the biggest disgrace in tv and comic history, well done Berlanti.
    But seriously Guggenheim and Amell have to address these Felicity psychopaths who send people death threats and photoshop pictures of Amell and Rickards. Arrow's quality aside how is any of this acceptable especially when it's done in such large numbers and frequency?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So we have psychopath Felicity fans and reactionary Canary fans dominating the poll, thanks a lot Guggenheim. The Arrowverse is the biggest disgrace in tv and comic history, well done Berlanti.
    But seriously Guggenheim and Amell have to address these Felicity psychopaths who send people death threats and photoshop pictures of Amell and Rickards. Arrow's quality aside how is any of this acceptable especially when it's done in such large numbers and frequency?
    That is never going to happen, hat to say it. But it's not. A. Felicity is Guggenheim's Creator's Pet more or less. She's his life's blood and his life's work. B. Amell is a Olicity shipper. So why wouldn't he pander to the psychos? All in all - Arrow will go down as the 'We'll claim it's about the Green Arrow, but we are going to take random character from the Firestorm comics and make the show about her! Show but that's too long of a title and 'Felicity' is already taken so we'll just call it 'Arrow'' show. It's about as bad as the Twilight craze, and to be honest, it's getting worse than that .... but if it proves one thing? Like Twilight, this show will be at the bottom of the bargain dvd bin, rotting, as soon as this show is done with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by meadowpin View Post
    That is never going to happen, hat to say it. But it's not. A. Felicity is Guggenheim's Creator's Pet more or less. She's his life's blood and his life's work. B. Amell is a Olicity shipper. So why wouldn't he pander to the psychos? All in all - Arrow will go down as the 'We'll claim it's about the Green Arrow, but we are going to take random character from the Firestorm comics and make the show about her! Show but that's too long of a title and 'Felicity' is already taken so we'll just call it 'Arrow'' show. It's about as bad as the Twilight craze, and to be honest, it's getting worse than that .... but if it proves one thing? Like Twilight, this show will be at the bottom of the bargain dvd bin, rotting, as soon as this show is done with.
    Shipping and pandering is one thing but this is serious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Pretty much, I did the same myself. Felicity psychos ruined this poll, why was that piece of dung a part of this poll anyway? please dont tell me they have infiltrated CBR staff as well? lol at Green Arrow though, the constipated expression and wooden acting is finally bearing fruit.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Shipping and pandering is one thing but this is serious.
    It is. It's been serious since the first day a Felicity fan sent death threats to Cassidy for playing DLL. But as long as he can cash in on Felicity/Olicity/The Felicity and Friends show, Guggenheim will never address his fanbase's questionable behavoir and clear lack of morals and the fact that some of them need psychological help.

They petitioned for Cassidy's job until the network finally allowed them to win.

They booed her at convictions and have threaten her and her fans.

These things have been happening from the start, and part of it due to the excessive pandering they get from the showrunner and the lead actor.

But most recently? They've sent pictures of dead birds and nasty comments to an entertainment journalist for him liking Black Canary. They've actually took the time to google DEAD BIRDS, download pictures, captioned them only to send them to someone else for their comic book preference.

Does Guggenheim care about the comics and the lore of the characters? Take a look at the Green Lantern movie, that should answer that question.

He doesn't give two farts in space if his fans are out of control, he hasn't in the last four years, he won't start doing it now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by meadowpin View Post
    It is. It's been serious since the first day a Felicity fan sent death threats to Cassidy for playing DLL. But as long as he can cash in on Felicity/Olicity/The Felicity and Friends show, Guggenheim will never address his fanbase's questionable behavoir and clear lack of morals and the fact that some of them need psychological help.

They petitioned for Cassidy's job until the network finally allowed them to win.

They booed her at convictions and have threaten her and her fans.

These things have been happening from the start, and part of it due to the excessive pandering they get from the showrunner and the lead actor.

But most recently? They've sent pictures of dead birds and nasty comments to an entertainment journalist for him liking Black Canary. They've actually took the time to google DEAD BIRDS, download pictures, captioned them only to send them to someone else for their comic book preference.

Does Guggenheim care about the comics and the lore of the characters? Take a look at the Green Lantern movie, that should answer that question.

He doesn't give two farts in space if his fans are out of control, he hasn't in the last four years, he won't start doing it now.
    I guess I should be relieved they didn't actually kill birds themselves, does Amell have a wife or something? I heard they spammed pics of him and his wife...with Felicity's face, if it's true and I was Amell I would certainly respond especially if I was so social media savvy.

Amazing Member

You're kidding yourselves if you think that we shouldn't live on an earth where Black Canary has actually, truly earned the number one spot. Because on a perfect world, she would.

At the end the day, it's one poll. Laurel and Black Canary was so mistreated and wronged by the writers, I don't see the harm in just letting Black Canary win this one. We've had this same poll before. We'll have it again. Laurel fans deserve to be able to make this little statement to the writers. Between the ratings dropping and Laurel winning this poll, it'd very clearly say, "We're done with The Felicity Show". And that's not a statement that just Laurel fans should be making, because guess what? We're done. Arrow is in our rear-view. Some of you, though, you're still watching and you're still going to be dealing with the pandering and the behavior of Felicity fans.

Felicity fans have policed and bullied this fandom for way too long. The fact that they're scrambling at this very moment to make sure Felicity wins this, just to show up Laurel fans one last time, it just shows how petty and mean they really are. Laurel winning, it's a nice message to them. That is the character they've attacked for so long. They are the reason she's dead. So for Laurel to beat them, it's fitting. Laurel Lance has always been the face of everything they've wanted to destroy. Green Arrow canon.

Laurel winning this tells them and Marc Guggenheim that Felicity fans are not the majority they think they are and that's something that need to be said loud and clear because this show is truly lost.