Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kudos to Ms. Nyongo. I would have picked her for Shuri, but I do hope that her character is allowed to continue. Even if it is an all new character, just make her very cool overall and not just a damsel in distress.

Ultimate Member

I'd say that Steve/Peggy, Tony/Pepper (IM 2 aside), and Clint/Laura were all well-done romances. And the TV side has Fitz/Simmons, Fisk/Vanessa, Bobbi/Hunter, etc as well. So Marvel CAN do them well, or at least decently, when they try.

I was hoping WB/DC would be smart and pick her up as Vixen.

But WB/DC don't make smart decisions anymore so now she's being dragged off to Marvel to become yet another humdrum love interest that we see in one or two movies and never again.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Wow, this is an interesting development.

If this comes to pass then I would be so pleased to see a black lead character with a black love interest... which is something that Hollywood doesn't really seem to do that often. That, and of course having a black lead character period.
    Last edited by 100010959493281; 05-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.

All-New Member

"In talks" is not "adds." At least not today anyway. Journalism is so tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Arachknight View Post
    Aloha,
    It depends on which direction they go. Either Priest or Hudlin. Shuri was not a part of Priests run. Everett Ross was a big part. Hudlin introduced Shuri but in a Black Panther movie, how much time would go to the main Black Panther and how much to her? Technically, Dora Milaje don't have sex with the king(although he could if he wanted to) so that would be a good way to have sexual tension without it taking away from the story. Monica Lynn and Storm are the two main love interest for BP. It funny in that they have an African American play T'challa an African and an African play Monica an African American. Then again two of the three Spider-Man's have been British playing New Yorkers-ACTING!
    By the looks of it they will probably follow the Hudlin's "Who is the black panther" Adaption witht heir own spin, adding in elements from Priest's run. They don't really have to dive super far into Shuri, If movie goers can become Fans of the Head chief of security Dora in the Cap CW movie based off her one line to Black Widow, Im Sure Coogler can crush it with Shuri given a full movie focusing on T'Challa and his cast.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FabianNicieza View Post
    "In talks" is not "adds." At least not today anyway. Journalism is so tricky.
    This right here. Clickbait at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post

But WB/DC don't make smart decisions anymore so now she's being dragged off to Marvel to become yet another humdrum love interest that we see in one or two movies and never again.
    Well Ryan Coogler is directing the Movie so i ave confidence that he will do it right. And if she is like Peggy/Potts and given actual life into the character (again no doubt Coogler won't nail it) then it will be Fine. Though myself i would prfer she play Shuri as how else do you reach out to the Female fan base by putting a Big star into the role of a Black Princess Reagent, who also kicks in teeth to the baddies? Again peole became fans of the Dora who gave the line "Move, or be moved" to Natasha, Short sweet and to the point and she got alot of attention. Image a movie that will be able to highlight such cool lines as that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This right here. Clickbait at it's finest.
    Eh I agree although its pretty likely. She has worked with every other Disney Division at this point. So clearly she is a favorite over there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Even though the Love Interests tend to leave a lot to be desired, if they had gone the opposite route that would lead to complaints over the first Black Lead not "getting one."
    Which, I think, is an entirely fair position to take.

But a bad-ass, kickass love interest for a bad-ass, kickass hero. PLEASE.

Please, and thank you. Really hope if this comes into fruition, she be Shuri or a love interest that is more than just that. The obligatory love interest are so glaringly lame, with only a few exceptions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Please, and thank you. Really hope if this comes into fruition, she be Shuri or a love interest that is more than just that. The obligatory love interest are so glaringly lame, with only a few exceptions.
    TBH....Shuri as a rival AND family member is really kinda interesting to me. Or if she's a love interest, a rival as well (for good reasons). Much more interesting dyanmics there....

Yes. At first I thought she was going to play T'Challa's sister but her role was to be a love interest?...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post

Disney connection son.

Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress and I'm sure she'll be amazing no matter what role they chose to have her play. But what really amazes me is how passionate the fan base is about Black Panther! He's always been a favorite of mine back when he was fighting the Zodiac, the Kree and the Skrulls with the rest of the Avengers. Childhood was a long time ago! Then there was a 20+ year span where he was almost completely forgotten. Now he's one of Marvel's hottest, most beloved heroes and I couldn't be happier