Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I hope I'm wrong too, but I'm just going off Didio's talk of a controversial scene, and the fact that these types of events have typically always revolved around the Flash family.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That will NEVER happen. Not because of fans but Dc's track record with building up black characters and actually backing them up. See Cyborg. See Vixen. John Stewart. Static and so on.
    People do realize DC doesn't OWN Static, don't they?

BANNED

Here ya go

So remember its always possible

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    People do realize DC doesn't OWN Static, don't they?
    And yet they had the licensing rights and did a shit job with the character.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

All I want is a good story...I don't care who is Wally.

No matter who has the rights to Static....the character will not sell.

Don't think it matters to me. Characters change, things change.

Nah, NuWally is a completely new character. DC just should return pre-Flashpoint Wally. They both can exist in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Nah, NuWally is a completely new character. DC just should return pre-Flashpoint Wally. They both can exist in the same universe.
    It gets a bit tricky considering that Wally-Flash is based solely on the legacy of Barry-Flash, and post-Flashpoint Barry-Flash hasn't earned that legacy yet.
    And if you go with that "bring back pre-Flashpoint Wally, you've created yet another problem there when he isn't handled EXACTLY like he was by his previous writers, and it would be hard to do that since you're not bringing back the entire pre-Flashpoint DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboydalton21 View Post
    Haven't they shown nuwally in flash rebirth pics
    Yeah. But they were never gonna get rid of him after that much effort, they will just have a pre/post-flashpoint Wally simultaneously if they do it. The costume of the speedster on the curtain teaser is wearing a completely different costume then either nuWally or Barry's Rebirth costumes. It has a different symbol, hair, height and earpieces.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And yet they had the licensing rights and did a shit job with the character.
    they still have, where is the milestone revival? put more spotlight on characters that are already black, DC has a bunch of good ones.

It gets a bit tricky considering that Wally-Flash is based solely on the legacy of Barry-Flash, and post-Flashpoint Barry-Flash hasn't earned that legacy yet.
    And if you go with that "bring back pre-Flashpoint Wally, you've created yet another problem there when he isn't handled EXACTLY like he was by his previous writers, and it would be hard to do that since you're not bringing back the entire pre-Flashpoint DC Universe.
    this is the problem of rebootiing the dc universe. old wally is misplaced
    Last edited by Tayswift; 05-13-2016 at 08:46 AM.

BANNED

I don't have s dog in that fight, but you know what? I bet this is the last time that DC changes the ethnicity of a long-established character.

BANNED

And that makes perfect sense,i also dont want real wally around nu wally or barry,let them do there own thing.

I would just open the door to real wally,the older JSA,and the kesel kon-el through the multiverse.have them travel the multiverse looking for pre flashpoint earth.sure i want them on the main earth,and if good writers could get it to work than do it,but until then let the fans have their favorites back this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I don't have s dog in that fight, but you know what? I bet this is the last time that DC changes the ethnicity of a long-established character.
    No character should be changed just to change "something".

I would create a new character all together,then put them right beside the characters that can sell comics(like jon white),that way ppl can get used to them,and grow a following,nothing is instanstly going to go over,so let it happen over time.

Extraordinary Member

What I'd do is have Pre-Flashpoint Wally show up for an arc, meet NuWally, do some hero stuff, and then leave with it being made clear that he's got a happy ending to his story

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Here ya go

**pictures of Walter West, the Dark Flash**

So remember its always possible
    I keep hoping to see that guy again....but I think DC has forgotten him. Shame, he had a great visual and backstory.

I'd love to see Walter, along with Nix Uotan and other multiverse versions of heroes (President Superman, Green Lantern Bruce Wayne, etc) in a big "Exiles/Sliders/Multiversity" style book; protecting the multiverse from crazy threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What I'd do is have Pre-Flashpoint Wally show up for an arc, meet NuWally, do some hero stuff, and then leave with it being made clear that he's got a happy ending to his story
    I think that's about as good as we can hope for.

Though, if and when this mess with Superdad comes to a close and DC stops this cross-pollination, if DC decided to publish a title in the post-Crisis continuity (I'd make it the new Earth-2 myself) that might sell.

Pick a handful of fan favorites who either aren't in the new continuity or have vastly different versions (like Wally) and use the post-Crisis/original versions as the core roster of the title, and explore that universe through their perspectives, advancing the story for everyone as they slide in and out of focus.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I keep hoping to see that guy again....but I think DC has forgotten him. Shame, he had a great visual and backstory.

I'd love to see Walter, along with Nix Uotan and other multiverse versions of heroes (President Superman, Green Lantern Bruce Wayne, etc) in a big "Exiles/Sliders/Multiversity" style book; protecting the multiverse from crazy threats.

I think that's about as good as we can hope for.

Though, if and when this mess with Superdad comes to a close and DC stops this cross-pollination, if DC decided to publish a title in the post-Crisis continuity (I'd make it the new Earth-2 myself) that might sell.

Pick a handful of fan favorites who either aren't in the new continuity or have vastly different versions (like Wally) and use the post-Crisis/original versions as the core roster of the title, and explore that universe through their perspectives, advancing the story for everyone as they slide in and out of focus.

Which is kinda my idea with the JSA,real wally,and kesel kon,they are the ones with new 52 versions that are drastically different,and should be used,multiverse jumping would be perfect for them.