Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Supergirl" Heads to The CW for Season 2

"Supergirl" has been renewed for a second season, but it won't be returning to CBS.

Full article here.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

That's great. I've enjoyed the series thus far and am happy that it's been given the chance to continue. It started out roughly but it definitely worked out a lot of it's kinks by mid-season and will hopefully get even better in the second. The budget cuts might hurt but if the series is in fact moving to Vancouver it shouldn't have too much of an effect.

All-New Member

Hopefully most of the cast make the move. It would be a shame to lose the characters that have built a rapport over the last year. This might also mean we get Lynda Carter as POTUS

All-New Member

IDK? If anything the move on the CW might help improve the visual effects aspect (if its the same people who do the VFX on The Flash)!

Incredible Member

I'm glad it's been renewed, and hopefully now that it's on the CW, we can expected further crossovers between them. I'd love if they did a mini Crisis event to move Supergirl to the same world as Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow, but we'll see.

My only fear is that we're going to lose Calista Flockhart with budget cuts, I don't want to lose Cat Grant.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Great news, with more Flash crossovers a cert! :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm glad it's been renewed, and hopefully now that it's on the CW, we can expected further crossovers between them. I'd love if they did a mini Crisis event to move Supergirl to the same world as Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow, but we'll see.

My only fear is that we're going to lose Calista Flockhart with budget cuts, I don't want to lose Cat Grant.
    You want a Crisis event? Those don't generally work out well for Supergirl and Barry Allen, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by T Anthony Auld View Post
    IDK? If anything the move on the CW might help improve the visual effects aspect (if its the same people who do the VFX on The Flash)!
    Yes, Encore VFX did season 1 VFX for Supergirl and Encore VFX also does the VFX for Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Scorpion, Hawaii Five-O, and Once Upon a Time. So I'd image Encore VFX will continue to do the VFX for Supergirl second season also.

I kinda think she has to move to their universe if she's coming to the CW, especially since they're shooting in Vancouver. She can bring as many cast members over as they want. Plus it would solve the no-Superman issue.

This is great freakin' news! I was worried it was simply going to be cancelled. It's a decent show, I'm really glad it's making the move and we get another season(and hopefully many more)!
    I like to post pictures of my comic books on Instagram.

I'm definitely happy it's getting a second season, and I think it'll do very well on the CW. I do admit to being surprised given that the CW initially passed on the series when it was initially shopped around. But things probably look different in hindsight...
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Astonishing Member

Whoo boy. Alrighty.

Have to hear how much of the cast actually makes it into the second season.

LA and Vancouver aren't exactly next to one another.

As long as they don't lose Calista Flockhart this is good news.
    And in terms of the budget, the Flash's effects always look significantly better than Supergirl's ever did anyway despite having way less money. The CW seems to be able to put out a much better product visually with less money than CBS.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I'm definitely happy it's getting a second season, and I think it'll do very well on the CW. I do admit to being surprised given that the CW initially passed on the series when it was initially shopped around. But things probably look different in hindsight...
    I read a quote once about how they regretted it and wish they'd taken it instead of LoT. But they said when it was being shopped the Flash spinoff hadn't even aired yet (it was already ordered though) and they had no clue if expanding their superhero products past 2 shows would be profitable.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    As long as they don't lose Calista Flockhart this is good news.
    And in terms of the budget, the Flash's effects always look significantly better than Supergirl's ever did anyway despite having way less money. The CW seems to be able to put out a much better product visually with less money than CBS.
    Supergirl has way more wirework. It looked really bad early on, but by the finale I could tell Melissa was getting more comfortable with it.

For the supporting cast they need Cat, they need Alex, and everyone else can go. But those two are a necessity.

I'm glad it's moving to the CW. I was hesitant to get into this show at first because I had no faith that it would last on one of the big networks. I honestly expected it to be canceled 3 or 4 episodes in, no matter how good they were. At least on the CW it has a real chance- as long as they can keep the budget manageable.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-12-2016 at 03:05 PM.