Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T Brown View Post
    Assuming no loss of viewership, Supergirl is now the highest rated show on the CW.
    Even if Supergirl loses half its viewers that is still going to make it the most watched show on CW. Just one third the viewers puts it above Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    We still don't no where CW will place SG. That will definitely be a factor.
    I hope it's not on Mondays at 8:00, to much competition and I want to watch Gotham same day again. So that's probably where CW will put it.

Reign is cancelled, so its Monday slot is now open. The same time as Supergirl was at CBS.
    Plus Containment was cancelled so that frees up another hour.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It is far more likely that Supergirl will be locked in green k chains inside a green k cage with a green k bomb nearby and only Felicity can save her. She has to be the most special and important character in the Arrowverse remember.

And while I know the above doesn't sound hackable ICBMs are not hackable either.
    Most shows have that it takes two keys to launch a missile. But it actually takes four keys. Specifically so they can't be hacked.

Per US Air Force Instruction (AFI) 91-104, "The Two-Person Concept" is designed to prevent accidental or malicious launch of nuclear weapons by a single individual.[1]

In the case of Minuteman missile launch crews, once a launch order is received, both operators must agree that it is valid by comparing the authorization code in the order against a Sealed Authenticator (a special sealed envelope which holds the code). These Sealed Authenticators are stored in a safe which has two separate locks. Each operator has the key to only one lock, so neither can open the safe alone. Also, each operator has one of two launch keys; once the order is verified, they must insert the keys in slots on the control panel and turn them simultaneously. A total of four keys are thus required to initiate a launch. For additional protection, the missile crew in another launch control center must do the same for the missiles to be launched. As a further precaution, the slots for the two launch keys are positioned far enough apart to make it impossible for one operator to reach both of them at once.

Arrow was totally bogus. On Supergirl Indigo launching the missile at least got the idea right.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Wow, really? So why were they so great on "The Flash" but so...wonky-looking on "Supergirl"?
    Matter of perception. To me the effects on Supergirl look better. It's sort of like why one person thinks a comedy show is hilarious and someone else is bored stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Exactly right. And you notice that much of what did happen at night on Supergirl looked pretty darned good. Their biggest mistake was that crappy Red Tornado outfit. I wouldn't mind them reworking the Red Tornado maybe in the Flash and then having Red Tornado jump to Supergirl, looking like a proper Red Tornado. Ooo, I have it... Morrow was attending the demonstration of the Particle Accelerator in the arrowverse and as a result becomes a Meta Human version of Red Tornado instead of a robot.
    And that was just a costume, not really VFX. To me the tornado that Kara had to stop looked just as good as the tornado that Barry had to stop. And the spinning hands effect that Red Tornado used to fly also looked as good as the spinning hands effect that Barry used on the Flash to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I truly wish I had access to whatever good stuff you people are smoking that clamoring for Ally McBeal to continue on the show. In my eyes she has never brought anything of value to the show. I cringe in every scene she is an and am completely taken out of the show. Her monotone delivery, the fact that she looks bored in every scene she is in, I just cannot stand her and I was hoping she would not go with the show, but those hopes have been dashed.
    She always good for a snappy one liner. And she is sort of a surrogate mother and mentor for Kara, sort of like Joe is a father and mentor for Barry. The show could probably get along without her, but a good drama always has someone for comic relief.

I would hope CW would have more sense then putting Supergirl up against Gotham again.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Far as the supporting cast, keep Alex and J'onn and everyone else can go.

I am extremely curious how the budget cut will affect the VFX. Less flying sequences and/or aerial fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would hope CW would have more sense then putting Supergirl up against Gotham again.
    This by itself was part of what killed it on CBS. They also waited far too late in the season to tie Supergirl into the Arrowverse, but most of that had to do with the people at CBS at the time and the fact that Supergirl was filmed in Los Angeles. Give Supergirl a team of solid writers for season 2 and its fortunes should get better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And that was just a costume, not really VFX. To me the tornado that Kara had to stop looked just as good as the tornado that Barry had to stop. And the spinning hands effect that Red Tornado used to fly also looked as good as the spinning hands effect that Barry used on the Flash to fly.
    Well, I wasn't referring specifically to the VFX when I called RT their biggest mistake. That was a general reference to the production of the show. VFX did a decent enough job with what they were handed by the design/costume/makeup departments regarding RT. It's just that the basic look of RT was just so damned cheesy and Power Rangers-ish. Seriously, you could take that exact costume and insert it into the early seasons of PR's and no one would bat an eye.

Retired

I took that as the point with the Red Tornado. He was the product of U.S. military intelligence. Had RT been alien technology, he would have looked different. I think they were making an intentional contrast in style. And for Red Tornado that fits. His comic book history suits that approach. If Reddy comes back, I expect his look to keep updating--just as it has in the comics.

Destroyer Of Evil Reverse Batman's Avatar

Well they really don't have to change anything pertaining to the location (which Earth that she's on) we know that since The Flash has appeared on her show. That Supergirl does exists in the ArrowVerse. Just when cross-over time comes around. Have The Flash go to Supergirl's world and get her. Barry would be like, I know someone that can help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ideally CW would run Supergirl after The Flash. No real competition for either on Tuesday. Mostly the same audience. And for cross-overs one show could flow right into the other giving a two hour story on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Far as the supporting cast, keep Alex and J'onn and everyone else can go.

I am extremely curious how the budget cut will affect the VFX. Less flying sequences and/or aerial fights?
    I could see Lucy Lane going. Now that J'onn is head of DEO again and Lucy isn't dating James she no longer serves any real purpose. Wouldn't mind James going back to Metropolis, but that probably won't happen. Cat Grant will be back because Calista Flockhart is on board with the move. She and Harrison have a ranch in Montana, so it isn't that big of a commute.

Well, I wasn't referring specifically to the VFX when I called RT their biggest mistake. That was a general reference to the production of the show. VFX did a decent enough job with what they were handed by the design/costume/makeup departments regarding RT. It's just that the basic look of RT was just so damned cheesy and Power Rangers-ish. Seriously, you could take that exact costume and insert it into the early seasons of PR's and no one would bat an eye.
    I could see why they went with that look because RT was supposed to be made out of an organic polymer and so would have looked like he was made out of some sort of cloth. If he is supposed to fly, anything to reduce weight would help. Something made of metal might have looked cooler, but would actually have been less practical. And they wanted to keep the face exposed because the same actor played T. O. Morrow and Red Tornado. So the idea was to make RT look like his child. Just be glad Kara blasted him to bits and put him out of his misery so we weren't stuck with him in more episodes. The rage on Kara's face made it all worthwhile.

BANNED

Assuming no loss of viewership, Supergirl is now the highest rated show on the CW.
    You can't really assume that, though. If changing a show's time slot on the same network can affect viewership numbers (and there's plenty of precedent that says it does) them moving it (presumably) to a different time slot on a different network will certainly have some kind of effect. There are a multitude of factors that are going to play into the show's CW ratings, most of which can't really be accounted for at this point.

Ideally CW would run Supergirl after The Flash. No real competition for either on Tuesday. Mostly the same audience. And for cross-overs one show could flow right into the other giving a two hour story on the same day.
    That would also require moving iZombie, which does have a following on the network. There aren't many other time slots where they can stuff Supergirl, so there's no telling what they plan to do with it.

I could see Lucy Lane going. Now that J'onn is head of DEO again and Lucy isn't dating James she no longer serves any real purpose. Wouldn't mind James going back to Metropolis, but that probably won't happen. Cat Grant will be back because Calista Flockhart is on board with the move. She and Harrison have a ranch in Montana, so it isn't that big of a commute.
    Well, I wasn't a big fan of how James and Lucy were handled on the show. Having Calista Flockhart return would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    That would also require moving iZombie, which does have a following on the network. There aren't many other time slots where they can stuff Supergirl, so there's no telling what they plan to do with it.
    Plus in addition to Supergirl CW is picking up Riverdale, Frequency, and No Tomorrow. Add that to the 11 shows CW renewed and that's 15 hours of programs CW needs to fit into their 10 hours of airtime. With Supergirl getting 22 episodes I doubt it's going to be a mid-season replacement show. Plus with all the buzz the show got moving over to the CW and I suspect they want to get it on air as quickly as possible. While CW may keep it on Monday to shore up their Mondays, really anywhere they plug Supergirl in at is probably going to do better than about anything else they have on right now. Though iZombie has a following, Supergirl had almost 5 times as many viewers. Anyway I just would prefer Supergirl be on Tuesdays at 9:00.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As someone on the outside looking in, I can't help wondering why Supergirl wasn't on CW from jump street. Having that show on CBS, undisputed king of comedies and crime procedurals seemed like a damn odd marriage. The Eye doing a superhero show looked to me like a classic case of throwing stuff against the wall to see if it'll stick, and when the ratings failed to meet their expectations, they let the show twist in the wind rather than commit to a second season. Or, to use a sports analogy, CBS let Supergirl hit the free agent market, allowing CW to swoop in and snatch it up the show. Admittedly, I've yet to watch Supergirl, leading to this question, now that it's on CW, will the first season be available for streaming on Hulu which carries the network's shows such as Arrow and The Flash?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-15-2016 at 02:37 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Retired

Because all the other networks had a comic book show, CBS didn't want to be left out. And they probably expected a bounce from all the hype for the BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN movie. If they couldn't get Superman or Batman--at least they would have the Man of Steel's cousin.

Since the CW is a joint venture between CBS and Warner--CBS still wins if SUPERGIRL goes there.

BANNED

I could see why they went with that look because RT was supposed to be made out of an organic polymer and so would have looked like he was made out of some sort of cloth. If he is supposed to fly, anything to reduce weight would help. Something made of metal might have looked cooler, but would actually have been less practical. And they wanted to keep the face exposed because the same actor played T. O. Morrow and Red Tornado. So the idea was to make RT look like his child. Just be glad Kara blasted him to bits and put him out of his misery so we weren't stuck with him in more episodes. The rage on Kara's face made it all worthwhile.
    Oh, I understand the possible thought process. They just really should have looked at the result and said "You know... this just doesn't look good. Let's go back to the drawing board on this one".

Oh, I understand the possible thought process. They just really should have looked at the result and said "You know... this just doesn't look good. Let's go back to the drawing board on this one".
    Problem is costumes are expensive. The stunt double for Martian Manhunter did a You-Tube video where he was demonstrating the MM costume and he said the MM costume cost $30,000. I'm guessing the RT costume wasn't that much less expensive.
    Plus we don't know that the producers didn't think it was a great looking costume. It's only the nit-pickers that seem to even care. And they complain about everything anyway. Most people just enjoyed Kara beating up on RT and then vaporizing it.
    The point of the episode was Kara learning to control her anger. RT was just a prop to fulfill that goal. If anything, it looking stupid made people glad it was destroyed so they wouldn't have to see RT again. Why would you not want to see more of a cool looking villain, for example.