Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Probably, but he is safe, cap knows where he is, and he is no longer on the run.

True, but he was the first one to step off the crazy train people were riding in this movie and made some good decisions.

Continuously focusing on pops being gone would've made him like Zemo.

Im not sure, that's just a theory. Mainly because Zemo wasnt Zemo in this movie at all. I dont read Ultimates so i dont know if Zemo was like this in those comics. If he was like, ok, good job? But if was closer to 616 they need to move his story. Cause right now he is basically the Punisher.
    Barnes is only as safe as future writers dictate. The villains could find him. T'Challa doesn't have to be hellbent on vengeance for the death of his father to still hurt. I talked about Zemo in another response

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Probably, but he is safe, cap knows where he is, and he is no longer on the run.

True, but he was the first one to step off the crazy train people were riding in this movie and made some good decisions.

Continuously focusing on pops being gone would've made him like Zemo.

Im not sure, that's just a theory. Mainly because Zemo wasnt Zemo in this movie at all. I dont read Ultimates so i dont know if Zemo was like this in those comics. If he was like, ok, good job? But if was closer to 616 they need to move his story. Cause right now he is basically the Punisher.
    Barnes is only as safe as future writers dictate. The villains could find him. T'Challa doesn't have to be hellbent on vengeance for the death of his father to still hurt. I talked about Zemo in another response

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    These movies aren't one to one translations of the comics. If they were we'd have psycho Clint, French hater Steve, traitor Natasha and cannibal rapist Hulk.
    I'm talking about a movie called Captain America Civil War using Zemo for reworked Loki stuff from The Ultimates 2, clearly, I know they aren't one-to-one translations. But we do know Zemo's deal. We do know what Loki did at the end of The Ultimates 2. And we do know this movie ended with Zemo gleefully asking Martin Freeman if he did fail. They picked the character that formed the Thunderbolts, they gave him a reworked version of half of Loki's Ultimates 2 thing, (the second half could work with the Thunderbolts) and they hinted that Zemo wasn't done yet; with all that information, do you think it isn't likely they won't do some kind of Thunderbolts thing with him?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I'm talking about a movie called Captain America Civil War using Zemo for reworked Loki stuff from The Ultimates 2, clearly, I know they aren't one-to-one translations. But we do know Zemo's deal. We do know what Loki did at the end of The Ultimates 2. And we do know this movie ended with Zemo gleefully asking Martin Freeman if he did fail. They picked the character that formed the Thunderbolts, they gave him a reworked version of half of Loki's Ultimates 2 thing, (the second half could work with the Thunderbolts) and they hinted that Zemo wasn't done yet; with all that information, do you think it isn't likely they won't do some kind of Thunderbolts thing with him?
    Is it possible? Yes. Is it an absolute guarantee? Can't say I think so. We were teased the Leader in Incredible Hulk. He hasn't appeared or been mentioned since.

Barnes is only as safe as future writers dictate.
    The villains could find him.
    We are talking about this movie and not future projects.

T'Challa doesn't have to be hellbent on vengeance for the death of his father to still hurt.
    The writes can dictate that he didnt care in the future, BAM!

BANNED

Is it possible? Yes. Is it an absolute guarantee? Can't say I think so. We were teased the Leader in Incredible Hulk. He hasn't appeared or been mentioned since.
    Because Marvel has no wish of doing Hulk movies. What you're talking about isn't the same situation at all.

If they kept doing Hulk movies we probably would have seen him by this point.

All-New Member

"Dropping the shield is a rejection of the Captain America identity and a choice to embrace the Steve Rogers identity," Anthony Russo shared." Steve has always been Steve. The Captain America identity was created for him in WW2 to inspire the American people. Steve never wedded himself to it, though he did strive to keep it untarnished. He dropped the shield because of Tony Stark's whining that it wasn't his. Tony doesn't handle loss well! Steve is big enough to leave behind an unnecessary point of contention so Tony can't fixate on it. Btw, I can't feature the Winter Soldier's past ever permitting the world to trust him as the next Captain America, no matter how capable he is. Despite the fact that I think he would wear the mantle well.

Speaking of Bucky, he is a glowing example of what can happen when the actions of metahumans are dictated by authorities. Authorities always have agendas when gathering power. Bucky wasn't responsible for his actions while he was operating under Hydra programming, but he was wanted because of those actions, even though he had no choice in the matter. The Sokovia Accords would require the Avengers to engage or stand down at the order of multiple governmental authorities who often disagree as to what the proper course of action should be! And even if they agree, it is usually not a quick & timely decision; but if the heroes bound by the agreement don't wait for it, they will be viewed as insubordinate!

Cap says the safest hands for making decisions are their own. I say that they can only be held accountable on that basis! Otherwise, they simply become winter soldiers, themselves. The only difference is that sooner or later, every one of them will be moved by conscience to take some action that will violate the agreement. Because, unlike Bucky, they have not been programmed. They do have a choice & a sense of responsibility.

The truth is, the Avengers are not soldiers, they are first responders, & they can't save everyone in every emergency. They have to live with that, something they can only do if they know they did their best. To claim they were only following orders would be too easy, as Cap said. It would be a cop-out!

One last thing: is Cap's group really fugitives? Seems to me they were being held illegally, without representation, in a prison that doesn't officially exist, without formal charges or any expectation of a trial. In order for them to be pursued as escaped convicts, they would have to have been convicted & the ILLEGAL prison from which they escaped would be exposed. The violation of their civil rights would cause any case against them to be tossed out of court. Not only that, but General Ross's actions would expose he & his supporters to possible investigation. Better to let the heroes go than breach what the gov't would call 'national security.'
    Last edited by Navigator; 05-17-2016 at 12:37 AM.