Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Oh yeah -- totally remember "Mighty Orbots!" "The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers" was my favorite though.

And yes to "Blake's 7" as well. I had gotten into a bunch of British shows at the time including the buddy cop show, "Dempsey and Makepeace."

Anyone remember the sci-fi buddy cop show "Something is Out There?" It starred a Michael Douglas looking-guy who was a cop who teamed with former Bond-girl Miryam D'abo who played an alien and they solved crimes. (because that's what aliens would do when on earth I guess...)

And then there was "Hard Time on Planet Earth" with Martin "Cobra Kai" Kove as an alien who was stuck on earth as a jail sentence or ... something....

I also really liked DB Sweeney's show "Strange Luck" - it was Fox trying to replicate the success of X-Files with oddball darker sci-fi shows, but it didn't catch on. (as was "VR5" in the ten minutes when Virtual Reality captured people's imagination)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-15-2016 at 05:54 PM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I really miss and love Sym-bionic Titan. Could a show have possibly been handled worse by CN besides YJ?
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I really miss and love Sym-bionic Titan. Could a show have possibly been handled worse by CN besides YJ?

Probably Not. Genndy Tartakovsky and the fans alike both got screwed over royally by CN on that one.

But hey on the bright side we are getting Samurai Jack back sometime this year. So maybe if that does well CN will go back and let Genndy finish SBT as well!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah wish they would put Orbots on dvd already. I remember Automan too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Remember both...

Oh, and this ancient, typoed ancestor of Babylon 5 and Firefly...

LOVE Blakes 7. I have the series on DVD and rewatch it occasionally. I keep hearing rumors of it returning as either a sequel series or a reboot. I want either very badly.

Street Sharks
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post

Such a great show
    Yes, that was a fantastic show. Someone else remembers!

Horrible effing shame that the winner of that show died on 9/11 though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Remember both...

Oh, and this ancient, typoed ancestor of Babylon 5 and Firefly...

Is Blake's 7 really considered obscure? That's one of my favorite sci-fi shows ever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    No way. Gargoyles was cool. A lot of people remember that show.
    Gargoyles was indeed one of the most awesome series of the 90's, but it's not as well remembered as you think. I have a number of geeky friends who had never even heard of Gargoyles. They all about lost it when I told them that a large number of Star Trek Next Gen actors voice many of the characters.

Also, remember when tons of old TV shows were being released on DVD? Gargoyles got season 1 and the first half of season 2. Then Disney announced that due to the fact that no one was buying the DVDs, they weren't releasing the second half of season 2. They held that position for over 10 years, when they finally decided to release the second half in a limited release to exclusive members of the Disney club.

That doesn't happen with shows people remember.

The same thing happened to Exosquad. They released season 1, but not season 2.

And on that note: Exosquad is a great series that almost no one outside hardcore geek circles remembers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Is Blake's 7 really considered obscure? That's one of my favorite sci-fi shows ever.
    I think the answer to that depends a lot on where you live.

Spectreman

Thundarr The Barbarian

Anyone remember the sci-fi buddy cop show "Something is Out There?" It starred a Michael Douglas looking-guy who was a cop who teamed with former Bond-girl Miryam D'abo who played an alien and they solved crimes. (because that's what aliens would do when on earth I guess...)
    I found a promo.

How about kidd video? It will never get a uncut dvd release due to the fact that every big song in the 80s was in it and was part of the plot!

And this one!

Who needs captain N. You have the power team!