Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Green Arrow vs Deadshot (which one is the better marksman ?)

Sandman (Wesley Dodds) vs Lex Luthor (the vast astate which blongs to Wesley is kryptonite rich but Wesley doesn't know that, but Lex knows and wants that vast astate... Wesley refuses to sell the astate to Lex cause it has sentimental value for him too so Lex gets angry and makes plots to get the vast astate of Wesley, that plots inculude elimination of Wesley Dodds (!) too so they have this conflict)
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-11-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Hawks v. Parasite
    Green Lantern v. Black Mask
    Flash v. Two Face
    Batman v. Mirror Master
    Wonder Woman v. Mongul
    Wonder Woman v. Sinestro
    Flash v. Toy Man
    Green Lantern v. Maxima (even if she's not bad)
    Wonder Woman v. Ra Al Ghul

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Green Lantern vs. Scarecrow
    I loved the bit in the animated "JL: Doom" where Hal was side-lined by Scarecrow's fear gas for a time, but when Batman told him what was going on, he just shook it off and didn't even need the antidote.

Picking up on the Question/Riddler duel, I can imagine a total match of wits but that Vic would ultimately win because of his ability to think totally outside the box in a way that Batman doesn't.

I'd also like:
    Wonder Woman/Sinestro - we've seen "Fear vs Will" but how about "Love/Compassion vs Fear?" It was great seeing Diana with a Star Sapphire ring, but she doesn't need a ring to embody love. And it would be good to see her in that role rather than the eye-stabby version we've gotten so much of lately.

BANNED

Another pairing I'd like to see one day would be: Raven vs a Lantern.

Like if you think about it, it should be ideal. Raven's a powerful empath thats shown more than once she can manipulate the emotions of others, while the lanterns are fueled by one particularly strong one. Write it correctly and you can depower the lantern to a degree while not leaving him/her defenceless. And the door is sort of open about which color lantern would show up... Red Lanterns are pseudo demon magic while Raven is part demon, a yellow lantern could show up simply to cause trouble and you could even have a Green pop up because they think she's too dangerous to have running around.

BANNED

We got Aquaman vs Ra's Al Ghul in the Hunt for Robin a few years ago, and that was a pretty good case for why the Demon needs to branch out and become a larger DCU villain. His schemes would obviously run afoul of Arthur or Swamp Thing.

Speaking of Swamp Thing, has he ever met Poison Ivy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    We got Aquaman vs Ra's Al Ghul in the Hunt for Robin a few years ago, and that was a pretty good case for why the Demon needs to branch out and become a larger DCU villain. His schemes would obviously run afoul of Arthur or Swamp Thing.

Speaking of Swamp Thing, has he ever met Poison Ivy?
    JL United was a recent time Swampthing and Ivy met

I'm sure there's several others.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Just thought of a few others:

GL (John Stewart) vs. Deathstroke. Nice clash of military backgrounds. John probably despises Deathstroke's morality.

Black Lightning vs. Black Manta (the Silver Age racial supremacist one)

Mr. Terrific is due for a good new face-off, who could that be?

And I wrote a nice synopsis for Atom (Ray) vs. Darkseid in a kind of thematic way once. Tiny man vs God, atheist vs. living diety, reason vs hive-mind worship, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Just thought of a few others:

GL (John Stewart) vs. Deathstroke. Nice clash of military backgrounds. John probably despises Deathstroke's morality.

Black Lightning vs. Black Manta (the Silver Age racial supremacist one)

Mr. Terrific is due for a good new face-off, who could that be?

And I wrote a nice synopsis for Atom (Ray) vs. Darkseid in a kind of thematic way once. Tiny man vs God, atheist vs. living diety, reason vs hive-mind worship, etc.
    Well Atom was pretty key to Darkseid's defeat during that one Grant Morrison JLA story set in the future. He lobotomized him I believe?

As for Mr. Terrific it'd be fun to have him face off against Doctor Sivana. Sivana after all is one of the smartest villains DC has and has a whole family of evil at times. It'd be fun seeing them face off considering Michael's all about tech and using it to help others while Sivana aims at getting magical power and greedilly hoarding it for himself with maybe a little given to his family.

I'd love to see Starfire have to deal with a threat ala Ares given she's so often compared to Diana despite their differences.

I'd love to see Diana deal with Imp's like Mxy or Bat-Mite and see how she'd approach the situation. Knowing her she might take their attempts at bothering her to be actual challenges and make a game out of it, and that annoys them! "WHAT IT'S A GAME. WAIT NO IT'S OUR GAME!"

Maybe see what'd happen if Bane were to be dropped off in Skartaris. He'd probably try to conquer hero and villain alike there, and possibly even win.

Also I can't help but imagine what'd be like for say the Riddler to find himself in the 31st century and analyze everything there trying to understand it all before inevitably committing some kind of caper that stumps the Legion only because his clues are so based on the past they can't answer anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well Atom was pretty key to Darkseid's defeat during that one Grant Morrison JLA story set in the future. He lobotomized him I believe?

As for Mr. Terrific it'd be fun to have him face off against Doctor Sivana. Sivana after all is one of the smartest villains DC has and has a whole family of evil at times. It'd be fun seeing them face off considering Michael's all about tech and using it to help others while Sivana aims at getting magical power and greedilly hoarding it for himself with maybe a little given to his family.

I'd love to see Starfire have to deal with a threat ala Ares given she's so often compared to Diana despite their differences.

I'd love to see Diana deal with Imp's like Mxy or Bat-Mite and see how she'd approach the situation. Knowing her she might take their attempts at bothering her to be actual challenges and make a game out of it, and that annoys them! "WHAT IT'S A GAME. WAIT NO IT'S OUR GAME!"

Maybe see what'd happen if Bane were to be dropped off in Skartaris. He'd probably try to conquer hero and villain alike there, and possibly even win.

Also I can't help but imagine what'd be like for say the Riddler to find himself in the 31st century and analyze everything there trying to understand it all before inevitably committing some kind of caper that stumps the Legion only because his clues are so based on the past they can't answer anything.
    Yeah Rock of Ages. That's what inspired me to develop the idea into a longer arc.

Sivana is a great pick, and I also think WW and Mxy would be an entertaining pair.

That riddler story sounds hilarious. Too archaic for the Legion, which he would no doubt attribute to genius and get a kick out of.

Astonishing Member

And of course since there's so many of them and they have so many powers they just kind of stumble upon him and capture him. Maybe Dawnstar literally just tracks him down. He thinks he's finally had his riddle solved and waits to see how they got it. "Nope. None of us got it. We just looked around until we found you. I mean. There's a whole LEGION of us."

And of course Brainy would just SO put him down without realizing it. "Now that we're finished with this mindless drivel let's drop him off to the authorities and be on our way."

MINDLESS?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

Everyone: NO.

And when he eventually gets back to his time he just writes it off as them being too dumb to grasp his greatness. Probably right before Batman decks him. :P

Was The Hunt For Robin any good? Aquaman vs. R'as sounds great.

Incredible Member

Both of those would be awesome!

While they have tangled before I think Swamp Thing vs. Solomon Grundy has a lot of potential. One thing I'd love to see in the upcoming Swamp Thing series is Grundy as an antagonist. You could establish that Cyrus Gold was reanimated by the same growth formula that turned Alec Holland into Swamp Thing.

I remember a few good examples such as:
    - Batman & Deathstroke
    - Cyborg & Two-Face
    - Superman & Black Adam
    - Hal Jordan & Mongul
    - Kyle Rayner & The Joker
    - Aquaman & The Joker

As for pair-ups I'd like to see:
    - Superman & Atrocitus
    - Barry Allen & The Riddler
    - Barry Allen & Cheetah
    - Oliver Queen & Mr. Freeze
    - Prometheus & Firestorm (Raymond/Stein combo)
    - Teen Titans & Starro
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Made some additions.