View Poll Results: Do you feel the legacy aspect in DC does more harm than good?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 21.85%
  • No

53 44.54%
  • Depends on the character

40 33.61%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Boisterously Confused

Geez. How many times we got to plow this ground on these forums?

Superman, Wonder Woman, and especially Batman ain't goin' away. DC might tinker and tease, but Clark Kent, Princess Diana, and Bruce Wayne are here until DC turns out the lights, no matter how much one segment of long-term fans would like a new chapter.

Because Bruce Wayne is here to stay, that means Arthur Curry, Oliver Queen, et al. are too. That also means that Dick, Garth, Donna et al. are limited in age, ability and importance.

Progression and suçcession are what Earth 2 was for. It won't work in a ongoing main continuity. I wanted it to back in 1986, but it doesn't.

You let the clock tick, it'll overtake Dick and Donna, and eventually, Damian and Cassie. None of whom have the narrative power of their source characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's debatable.
    You think it's debatable how good Wally's tenure as The Flash was compared to the rest of the Titans? The only one who's even in a the same stratosphere is Dick, and I'd easily mark down the best Nightwing run below Waid or Johns Flash.

BANNED

I usually don't care for the way DC uses legacy. They get carried away with it and wind up overcrowding things. Besides, I usually want to read about the lead character, not some typically lesser version of them. It's especially bad when you have multiple heroes running around with the exact same ID, which is what Flash and Green Lantern have devolved into. It's a mess, and the writers clearly don't know how to approach this situation they've created in a way that pleases everyone, makes sense for the stories, and that isn't convoluted.