Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

One thing that I always found ridiculous was in those old "Tales to Astonish" stories with Ant-Man, they'd show the police discussing a recent heist or something, and the chief would say something like "You know who we need to help us catch this criminal? Ant-Man." Despite, you know, a multitude of other, much stronger and more qualified heroes all existing in the same city.

Spectacular Member

It's been posted many a-time, on many a-site. But it still makes me chuckle every time. You all have probably seen it before.

Batman_panel_-_Robin_what_have_I_done_to_you.jpg

I used to have that issue. I thought it was funny way back then. Not because of a snarky gay remark. It was because I thought it was some very poor editing.
    Last edited by Filament; 10-19-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

Last edited by lalalei2001; 10-19-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

http://comicsalliance.com/best-jimmy-olsen-comics/

http://the-isb.blogspot.com/2007/04/...-olsen_09.html

"And now you know the real reason I've been talking about this issue for three days. Because really, this is a comic book where Jimmy Olsen teams up with Hitler and that story doesn't even make the cover."

Amazing Member

You know, considering the much smaller cover on these digests,and that the back cover usually would not be an add, they really should have stuck that damn upc box on the back covers.I feel the same for all the fancy covers they used to have back in the 1990's.

Fantastic Member

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah, funny when you now look back at it but I found it a bit of a chore to read through and I was extremely relieved to see the back of him.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    I just found a hilarious recap of a Silver Age tale that involved Mr. Hyde and the Cobra apparently blinding Daredevil, also featuring Matt posing as Mike posing as Daredevil posing as Thor.

http://www.theothermurdockpapers.com...ll-him-part-6/

As wacky as the story was, though, the art is amazing!

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...il_30-32.shtml

EDIT: I found that story on a best of Daredevil list, recited near-perfectly from memory! http://marvel.com/news/comics/2751/t...t_of_daredevil
    Gene Colan really saved those corny and cheesy DD issues due to his revolutionary and unique art.

I like the instant 'you're dressing up as Bat-girl' = 'you love Batman' = 'you intend to marry BatMan'. Hilarious. Doesn't BatMan have any say in this? And infatuation = love = marriage instantly.
    Hey Clark, insecure much?

Regarding the marriage thing, I'm a child of the 70's/80's, but you see that a lot in the SA stuff, which was obviously awhile before my time - a woman pines for a man, and pines to be MARRIED to that man, not just to kiss him or hold his hand or whatever. Different times, I suppose.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I like the instant 'you're dressing up as Bat-girl' = 'you love Batman' = 'you intend to marry BatMan'. Hilarious. Doesn't BatMan have any say in this? And infatuation = love = marriage instantly.
    Hey Clark, insecure much?

Regarding the marriage thing, I'm a child of the 70's/80's, but you see that a lot in the SA stuff, which was obviously awhile before my time - a woman pines for a man, and pines to be MARRIED to that man, not just to kiss him or hold his hand or whatever. Different times, I suppose.
    Very different times for sure. The primary contribution most of the female hero's made during any SA conflict was to observe the action and decide which male hero was the "dreamiest."

Fantastic Member

Jimmy Olsen encapsulates everything wacky about the silver age of comics XD