Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't know how to feel about this.

Aaron is a good writer no doubt but I don't know if he's suited for something like the Turtles.

Aaron with the Turtles? Uh....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Well at least it's just a relaunch and not a reboot, so I'm pretty excited.
    That means the contiunity stays? Its just a new number 1 Marvel style? Still I think a renumbering is a stupid decision, but better than a reboot.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this.

Aaron is a good writer no doubt but I don't know if he's suited for something like the Turtles.
    Eric Larson had a decent run back in the day and Aaron has similar storytelling sensibilities so I'm not too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    That means the contiunity stays? Its just a new number 1 Marvel style? Still I think a renumbering is a stupid decision, but better than a reboot.
    That's what it sounds like.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As long as it's not a reboot like with Sonic, I'm good.
    Still mad at Aaron for Avengers tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eric Larson had a decent run back in the day and Aaron has similar storytelling sensibilities so I'm not too worried.

That's what it sounds like.
    Eric Larsen, not Larson. Sorry, had to say that. And no, as much as I like him on Savage Dragon, I didnt like his Turtles. I hope Aaron does better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    As long as it's not a reboot like with Sonic, I'm good.
    Still mad at Aaron for Avengers tho.
    What did they do with Sonic?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What did they do with Sonic?
    Remember they had to start from scratch with Sonic when he moved to IDW.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Remember they had to start from scratch with Sonic when he moved to IDW.
    Yeah, but its just a relaunch, so the old continuity stays. Maybe it goes in a different direction. Sonic was a total reboot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I stopped reading the title at #125 for budget reasons. I plan to finish out the series through #150 in the Deluxe Hardcovers, cause that is cheaper per issue then monthly and I was getting those anyway.
    I am glad that the continuity will remain, annoyed that they are renumbering with #1, seemingly cause of "Big Name". They didn't do that for the other creative team changes(thankfully).

I liked Aaron's Ghost Rider. Did not like his take on Moon Knight in Avengers but that did give me Jed McKay so there is that. I've never read his Thor but know it is highly acclaimed.
    I will not pick up the relaunch monthly but will eventually get his story in collected form.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Aaron is an interesting choice. He's been very hit or miss for me. His Thor run is really the highlight for me. His Avengers and Hulk runs are my only other exposure to him and neither were really all that great. First issue of his Action Comics was pretty good though. I expect they are going to have a solid artist to join Aaron and since they are teasing it a bit, may be someone known.

Interested to see where they take things given its being announced as a relaunch with a new #1. It's possible (and maybe likely) they reset some stuff with 150 and use the time travel shenanigan's to put a few things back in the box so to speak. Wouldn't technically be a "reboot" given it'd be within the same continuity.

Jason Aaron is a great choice. TMNT is basically IDW’s flagship now, and Aaron is a high-profile writer who’s going to get additional eyes on the book. It deserves a relaunch with a new number one, because it really dipped in quality once Campbell took over. As many have said, he’s hit or miss. But his initial Thor work, as well as stuff like Southern Bastards, was great. I also liked his Wolverine and Punisher stuff. I’m think he’ll do the turtles justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's possible (and maybe likely) they reset some stuff with 150 and use the time travel shenanigan's to put a few things back in the box so to speak. Wouldn't technically be a "reboot" given it'd be within the same continuity.
    They should 100% do this. Erase the entire Mutant Town arc from existence.
    Last edited by Exciter; 01-20-2024 at 10:46 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Man, i am so unclucky sometimes. Just when i start to collect Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ultimate Collection OHCs, i got vol. 1 and 6, IDW stopped printing them so i couldn't find the rest of the volumes. :/
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://screenrant.com/tmnt-new-turt...lution-review/

Spoiler free review of TMNT last ronin: re evolution.

TMNT new clan mightve been a simpler title.

Extraordinary Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Meet the Superstar Creators Behind IDW's Big Relaunch
    IGN can exclusively reveal the artists involved with the new series - Rafael Albuquerque, Joëlle Jones, Cliff Chiang, and Chris Burnham. Each of these artists will illustrate one of the first four issues of the relaunched TMNT series, with Albuquerque then drawing the second story arc.