Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Results 556 to 567 of 567
  1. #556
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    If the original is b/w I would read it as a b/w reprint. If its color, then color, stay with the original content.


    Last Ronin was great. I couldn't decide which turtles it was supposed to be, so I was looking for clues in every panel...

  2. #557
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    I liked the latest issue of turtles. Art on point. The plot was pure set-up ... kind of a slow burn with the world-building and realpoliticking of Mutant Town and what it is for the Brothers and their Close Friends to be doing the public Splinter School thing. So that wasn't like super heavy packed scenario-wise ... but the character who turns up putting their foot in the door for future shenanigans, and the last page stinger, were definitely enough to seal the deal.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

  3. #558
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,735

    Default

    I've enjoyed the last 10 issues + Jennika solo that are establishing new lore.
    To properly build a world you need to explore themes and grow characters and situations.
    That is what has been happening and the last page gives us some TMNT characters infused into this incarnation that has been missing.

    Looking forward to the build up to issue #125 which I feel will be a great First Arc wrap to the Mutant Town story.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  4. #559
    Amazing Member Dinosaur Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    I prefer not to tell you... just in case
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Last Ronin is the best TMNT book of last years hands down. Idc if it plays out as yet another one DKR or Old Man Logan... this is what I've wanted from TMNT comics for so long.

  5. #560

    Default

    The TMNT comics are my new favorite take on the franchise.

    They do a good job "aging up" the franchise without loosing the core identity.

  6. #561
    Fantastic Member The Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Last Ronin is the best TMNT book of last years hands down. Idc if it plays out as yet another one DKR or Old Man Logan... this is what I've wanted from TMNT comics for so long.
    Agreed. The ongoing's been really disappointing this past year or so, but Last Ronin has really re-ignited my interest in the franchise.

  7. #562
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Last Ronin is the best TMNT book of last years hands down. Idc if it plays out as yet another one DKR or Old Man Logan... this is what I've wanted from TMNT comics for so long.
    I agree within. It's the best I've read in years maybe a decade or more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  8. #563
    Amazing Member Dinosaur Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    I prefer not to tell you... just in case
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Agreed. The ongoing's been really disappointing this past year or so, but Last Ronin has really re-ignited my interest in the franchise.
    I think the same, ongoing is pretty meh to my opinion. Issues # 1-50 were the best, culminating with an amazing finale, # 51-100 were okay with ups and downs, # 101-116 are beyond average. I am looking forward to Pantheon's return though (and some new writer taking after Sophie).

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree within. It's the best I've read in years maybe a decade or more.
    Can't name it "the best of the decade" yet when we have only 2 issues out of 5, but it's definitely in top-5 for me.

  9. #564
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    ....Can't name it "the best of the decade" yet when we have only 2 issues out of 5, but it's definitely in top-5 for me.
    Hahaha, valid point
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  10. #565
    Astonishing Member Exciter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I think the same, ongoing is pretty meh to my opinion. Issues # 1-50 were the best, culminating with an amazing finale, # 51-100 were okay with ups and downs, # 101-116 are beyond average. I am looking forward to Pantheon's return though (and some new writer taking after Sophie).
    It is torturous sticking with this book, but I loved 1-100 and the continuity that was set up. I was glad to see the introduction of a time-travelling element recently, I sincerely hope that it is used to erase the whole Mutant Town storyline and return to the previous status quo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Fan Made Solicitation Games, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

  11. #566
    Amazing Member Dinosaur Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    I prefer not to tell you... just in case
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    It is torturous sticking with this book, but I loved 1-100 and the continuity that was set up. I was glad to see the introduction of a time-travelling element recently, I sincerely hope that it is used to erase the whole Mutant Town storyline and return to the previous status quo.
    They are not going to erase anything, Mutant Town is here for a very long time, at least until current writer leaves the title.
    There will be old elements like Pantheon and Shredder and Karai here and there but that's it, unfortunately.

  12. #567
    Fantastic Member The Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Thankfully, we have the Last Ronin to keep us going until a new writer comes along. It's a shame because the art is great, but that alone isn't enough to keep me buying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •