Well, things are finally getting interesting. It’s remarkable how things can move forward when you aren’t trying to fill out all the social justice checkmarks. And I knew the old black and white Mirage run was gritty but holy crap. Now I can’t stop reading Dr. Barlow’s dialogue in Jeffery Comb’s voice.

So who’s Barlow’s partner on the other end of the phone? I know that there is some chatter that it’s the Rat King because of the rat assistants and the upcoming Armageddon Games but that seems to be a little on the nose. Also the Rat King doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would use Verizon Wireless.

I’m guessing that it’s someone with connections to the EPF and has access to the dragon’s remains. Could have Agent Bishop somehow have survived? He’d always seemed like the sort of person who would create doppelgängers of the turtles as part of a false flag event to go full blown Waco on Mutant Town.

Things aren’t looking good for Sheena. It’s a shame because she was starting to grow on me. Although, I admit I didn’t like her much at first because her people killed Mama Cass.

Barlow seems particularly interested in Donatello’s prosthetic shell. I wonder if it was his body that he wanted to experiment on after they were “separated.”

And as far as my earlier theory goes, notice how Barlow really caught Donnie’s attention when he proposed a procedure the would create a new skeletal structure that wouldn’t require a turtle carapace, suggesting that Donnie would have a somewhat more human looking appearance. Now, what would cause someone like Donatello consider something like that?