Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yes, you can also start with vol. 1. The Eastman and Laird stuff is really great, but other than that its just nostalgica. The IDW run is at least up to issue 100 through and through very good.
    The latest IDW issue of TMNT dropped and is #133, well past 100, nearly 3 years past.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The latest IDW issue of TMNT dropped and is #133, well past 100, nearly 3 years past.
    What I meant was: The first 100 issues or so were very good. Sorry for the confusion.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I like that the art is atleast decent now...but man, this Armageddon plot is such a mess. It's a real shame because the first 100 issues were near perfect, and the last 30 while meandering have been at least interesting if not stunning...but this event? It's just trying to do too much all at once.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I bailed at #125. I'm going to eventually read past that point when the Dlx HC catch up to that point.
    Like you said, things past 100 were interesting but I had to cut back and TMNT was one where I did that. Hate hearing that Armageddon is such a train wreck though.

The Punk Frogs and Venus are two threads I look forward to reading. Hope those are good.

I bailed at #125. I'm going to eventually read past that point when the Dlx HC catch up to that point.
    Like you said, things past 100 were interesting but I had to cut back and TMNT was one where I did that. Hate hearing that Armageddon is such a train wreck though.

The Punk Frogs and Venus are two threads I look forward to reading. Hope those are good.
    The story around the Punk Frogs and Venus is decent...but the art is the absolute worst I think I've ever seen in a major comic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

IDW has solicited TMNT volume 15. Karai makes the cover this time.
    Collects Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issues #113–124 and the Jennika II miniseries
    IDW_TMNT_vol15.jpg

This means I'm picking the series back up with volume 16. The first issue in that volume will be #125 which is where I stopped buying the series monthly.
    That also means it'll be 2024 most likely so a good wait is ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    It’s remarkable how things can move forward when you aren’t trying to fill out all the social justice checkmarks.
    This kind of conservative "critique" is hilarious to me, considering how the original TMNT/Eastman and Laird's influences were rooted in early underground/counter-culture comics.

Extraordinary Member

Have there ever been any rumblings on omnibus style collections for the IDW TMNT run? I've got the first hardcover collection but don't really want to carry on trying to get the rest if something like that could come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Have there ever been any rumblings on omnibus style collections for the IDW TMNT run? I've got the first hardcover collection but don't really want to carry on trying to get the rest if something like that could come out.
    No discussions that have ever been made public anyway.
    Seems if they were going to do Omni's then they would've started on them by now.

I can't be the only one who read Last Ronin Lost Years #1 and thought of this

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I like how the book, possibly series, is going to function as both a prequel AND sequel.

I need to look up the toddler turtles names and figure out how/if they are as uniform as their influences are.
    Figure if I'm patient some article will likely reveal it to us all anyway.

I like how the book, possibly series, is going to function as both a prequel AND sequel.

I need to look up the toddler turtles names and figure out how/if they are as uniform as their influences are.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/meet-the-...nny-and-mikey/

Gamesradar delivers.

It was a pretty solid start to the new series. I really enjoyed both the "present" scenes with Casey and the new turtles as well as getting more of Mikey's journey before he showed up in the Last Ronin.
    About my only complaint was the lack of connection between the flash backs and present narratives. If April had instead told a story about how Mikey taught her something that helped her raise Casey that we see Mikey learning for the first time in the past or if the "ghost" of Donatello gave Michelangelo similar advice as he did April then there would have been a bridge between the two sections but with out that there was no real reason for them both to be in the same book.

Still, that issue aside this was head and shoulders above the main line book.

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...n-2-announced/

Alright que the new theme music:

“Teenage Dark Future Turtles, Teen Dark Future Turtles. Heroes in a dystopia, we got new turtles”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.