Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's tied into the main book since it launched. What do you mean?
    I mean as in, they won't cancel the main book any time soon.

That's a bummer, TMNTU is the only TMNT comic I read. I find the exploration of the side characters really compelling. It's always had a high cover price though, so that might impact it.

I'm about to read through all of the TMNT main series. I know there are a couple spinoffs - do I need to intertwine anyone of them with the main series?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    I'm about to read through all of the TMNT main series. I know there are a couple spinoffs - do I need to intertwine anyone of them with the main series?
    Crucial? I don't recall it being essential per se but the events in the mini do cycle back to the main series. Exception being Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything(or something like that). In the early going there are a series of one shots on each main character that shed some extra exposition. Again, I don't recall anything off hand that screams "you'll miss out" but that's been 6/7 years now since I initially read them.
    There is a Casey & April mini-series from a few years back that ties into Rat King who is currently keeping our turtles busy.

Someone else may have a more sound recollection though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cool, good to know. Thanks!
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Yeah none of them are SUPER important to the main story, but the comic certainly does make references to those minis and TMNTU often.

Secret History of the Foot Clan and Casey & April are the two above the rest I would recommend reading.

Hi all!

I'm jumping into the TMNT franchise and very excited for a ton of reading fun!

Right now I'm starting with the Archie Comics published TMNT Adventures, but I'm also going to check out the current IDW run. For anyone who is familiar with the Deluxe Hardcover collections of these, do they tend to be all-inclusive of every issue, spinoff, side-story, etc, or are they the kind that include certain issues considered essential, while skipping others?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    Hi all!

Right now I'm starting with the Archie Comics published TMNT Adventures, but I'm also going to check out the current IDW run. For anyone who is familiar with the Deluxe Hardcover collections of these, do they tend to be all-inclusive of every issue, spinoff, side-story, etc, or are they the kind that include certain issues considered essential, while skipping others?

Thanks!
    Yes. you'll love it.

Deadly. Thanks!

TMNT Urban Legends #2 (aka vol.2 Image redux)

Other TMNT fans reading this? I'm enjoying revisiting this series 20yrs later. I do recall having a much more visceral reaction to it at the time in my college years.
    I have he luxury of knowing more about what is coming and having read/watched wildly different interpretations of the characters since then. Also it's going to be interesting to read those final 3 issues to wrap this series in two years that have never been published. Hopefully a collection of the series into two Deluxe volumes will follow sometime in 2020.

As for this issue Leo and Donnie meet on the astral plane confirming Donnie's dire state after falling out of the helicopter. Pimiko and her elite warriors have tailed the Turtles to their new lair and begin to attack. It's the same night so no rest for the weary.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    Hi all!

Thanks!
    In the IDW TMNT Hardcover collected editions. The TMNT/Batman crossovers are not included. The TMNT/Usagi crossover is not included.

But I think all the other mini series and one shots and things are included.

They are even starting to collect TMNT Universe in vol 8. But currently only volumes 1-6 are available. 7 is releasing end of July I think.

The Ultimate Collections that are hardcover skip a bunch of issues. They primarily collect only the works of Eastman and Laird. You’ll have to pick up skipped issues in tpb form or original floppies. That is if you want to read the Mirage stuff after you read Archie and IDW.
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

The TMNT/Batman issues aren't included because they're outside of the main book's continuity. Everything else in these contributes to the ongoing.

Looking closer at solicits today I see that the Batman/TMNT II crossover is a Deluxe.
    However the first crossover only got released in Standard Trim, right? Did I miss a Deluxe on that?

I feel a third crossover may happen at which point all 3 will be bound together. I'm kind of in a hedge my bets situation to avoid a double dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Looking closer at solicits today I see that the Batman/TMNT II crossover is a Deluxe.
    However the first crossover only got released in Standard Trim, right? Did I miss a Deluxe on that?

I feel a third crossover may happen at which point all 3 will be bound together. I'm kind of in a hedge my bets situation to avoid a double dip.
    I was thinking that release tomorrow for the deluxe is the first TMNT/Batman crossover.

I thought the second crossover has not had a collected release yet. In August is when I thought the release of TMNT/Batman II Hardcover would come out.

I could be wrong though.
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
    I was thinking that release tomorrow for the deluxe is the first TMNT/Batman crossover.

I thought the second crossover has not had a collected release yet. In August is when I thought the release of TMNT/Batman II Hardcover would come out.

I could be wrong though.
    I love your avatar.